F1 2015 F1 2015 - Features gameplay trailer released

F1 2015 The Game (Codemasters)

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Codemasters revealed a new gameplay trailer today focusing on the new features of the upcoming official F1 2015 game.

The central game mode this year is the all-new Championship Season, which according to the developers promises to deliver the most immersive F1 experience yet, thanks to an all-new ‘broadcast presentation’ style that recreates the unique race day atmosphere of a Grand Prix.

More details can be found the press release:

Brand new session intro sequences reflect the spectacle of the sport, along with the build up and excitement of each race, as well as the championship season narrative as it unfolds for the player.

“Our new Championship Season and Pro Season modes deliver a much more engaging and fluid FORMULA ONE™ championship experience than ever before”, commented Lee Mather, Principal Games Designer, Codemasters.

“The race weekend is more than just the in-car and on track experience. Observing your driver working with his team during practice and qualifying and listening to the new commentary that sets the scene for the race and season standings is now present for the gamer. Then seeing the busy grid before a race, with all the flavour and character of it, into the race itself, the new television style cameras and replays, and finally the iconic podium celebrations all add to that race experience. The immersion is further enhanced with the voice recognition technology available for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 consoles, allowing players to engage with their race engineer through in-game voice commands with Kinect for Xbox One and the PlayStation®Camera or compatible headsets and microphones for PlayStation 4.”

“For those gamers who want the ultimate challenge, then the new Pro Season mode, which ramps up all the settings to the most realistic possible, is really for them”, added Mather. “Full 100% race distances, full practice and qualifying sessions, the most competitive A.I. settings, no flashbacks with which to correct mistakes, all locked into cockpit view with minimal HUD assistance…Pro Season will truly separate the weekend drivers from the experts!”

With the 2015 FORMULA 1 BRITISH GRAND PRIX this coming weekend at the iconic Silverstone circuit, this year’s FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP is already proving to be one of the most exciting seasons in many years, with further anticipation around the return of Mexico for the first time in two decades. In addition to a fully playable 2015 season, gamers will be able to play the full 2014 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP season as bonus content. Additional content updates will deliver the full season liveries, enhanced performance data and the Manor Marussia F1 team, who did not attend the pre-season tests.

I always pre-order the F1 game each year but this is the first one I have not done so. It looks very impressive but the fact they seem to concentrate so much on how important the presentation is for this year leaves me wondering how much has gone into the actual meat of the game.. the driving\racing. I really don't care about the eye candy stuff and things going on around the paddock, etc. That's something i'll just try to bypass aftrer the first few times and get to the actual driving \ racing. I really hope they have made some big improvements and that my concerns are groundless. Just a week to wait and see I guess.

To all saying it will be good!
You need to learn your lesson, how many games they released and they sucked, F1 2011 2013 2014 and 2010 (even though alot liked it but it wasnt good), F1 2012 was the only okay game they released,
F1 2015 are a step up for sure but not running 60 frames makes the graphics useless (its never about the graphics)
the new futures they added they simply have nothing relevant to racing, i really dont really know what they are talking about since i played the preview test on PS4 and hands down, there was nothing new and i honestly think its the worst F1 game they are working on, even worst than F1 1011,
i was going to post a thread about what i have tested so far but i dont really care any more, i coundnt use any of my wheels because the game didnt recognize them and playing with DS controller sucks because... yeah there is a huge dead zone included on this one,
the game sucks and they are saying to everyone F you.

BUY it at your own risk. im done with this series.

Codemasters revealed a new gameplay trailer today focusing on the new features of the upcoming official F1 2015 game.

The central game mode this year is the all-new Championship Season, which according to the developers promises to deliver the most immersive F1 experience yet, thanks to an all-new ‘broadcast presentation’ style that recreates the unique race day atmosphere of a Grand Prix.

More details can be found the press release:

Brand new session intro sequences reflect the spectacle of the sport, along with the build up and excitement of each race, as well as the championship season narrative as it unfolds for the player.

“Our new Championship Season and Pro Season modes deliver a much more engaging and fluid FORMULA ONE™ championship experience than ever before”, commented Lee Mather, Principal Games Designer, Codemasters.

“The race weekend is more than just the in-car and on track experience. Observing your driver working with his team during practice and qualifying and listening to the new commentary that sets the scene for the race and season standings is now present for the gamer. Then seeing the busy grid before a race, with all the flavour and character of it, into the race itself, the new television style cameras and replays, and finally the iconic podium celebrations all add to that race experience. The immersion is further enhanced with the voice recognition technology available for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 consoles, allowing players to engage with their race engineer through in-game voice commands with Kinect for Xbox One and the PlayStation®Camera or compatible headsets and microphones for PlayStation 4.”

“For those gamers who want the ultimate challenge, then the new Pro Season mode, which ramps up all the settings to the most realistic possible, is really for them”, added Mather. “Full 100% race distances, full practice and qualifying sessions, the most competitive A.I. settings, no flashbacks with which to correct mistakes, all locked into cockpit view with minimal HUD assistance…Pro Season will truly separate the weekend drivers from the experts!”

With the 2015 FORMULA 1 BRITISH GRAND PRIX this coming weekend at the iconic Silverstone circuit, this year’s FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP is already proving to be one of the most exciting seasons in many years, with further anticipation around the return of Mexico for the first time in two decades. In addition to a fully playable 2015 season, gamers will be able to play the full 2014 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP season as bonus content. Additional content updates will deliver the full season liveries, enhanced performance data and the Manor Marussia F1 team, who did not attend the pre-season tests.
The game is going to be released over a month after it was first intended lol

To all saying it will be good!
You need to learn your lesson, how many games they released and they sucked, F1 2011 2013 2014 and 2010 (even though alot liked it but it wasnt good), F1 2012 was the only okay game they released,
F1 2015 are a step up for sure but not running 60 frames makes the graphics useless (its never about the graphics)
the new futures they added they simply have nothing relevant to racing, i really dont really know what they are talking about since i played the preview test on PS4 and hands down, there was nothing new and i honestly think its the worst F1 game they are working on, even worst than F1 1011,
i was going to post a thread about what i have tested so far but i dont really care any more, i coundnt use any of my wheels because the game didnt recognize them and playing with DS controller sucks because... yeah there is a huge dead zone included on this one,
the game sucks and they are saying to everyone F you.

BUY it at your own risk. im done with this series.
Lol F1 2013 was a good game with both the gameplay and the graphics. However F1 2014 was probably the worst. the 2013 game wasn't good because of the classic content; it is truly a good one. F1 2012 is too easy to lock up - can never slam the brakes or completely shoot yourself outta the corner. F1 2010 has manual pit stop, but it is pretty bad, and the braking and mechanical grip is just fike f***

A
What would you rather have Tri, A half finished game that needs endless patching (like Project Cars or have it delayed and atleast attempted to fix before release (I know what CM are like for Patching :laugh:)
Of course I would rather wait for it to completely finish, but at the same time hope it will not be delayed for so long. Thanks for mentioning it btw, I completely forgot that without your remind :D

Lol F1 2013 was a good game with both the gameplay and the graphics. However F1 2014 was probably the worst. the 2013 game wasn't good because of the classic content; it is truly a good one. F1 2012 is too easy to lock up - can never slam the brakes or completely shoot yourself outta the corner. F1 2010 has manual pit stop, but it is pretty bad, and the braking and mechanical grip is just fike f***

Get your facts and priorities straight
2013, the good was the tyres management and and the classic content everything else was bad, the graphics sucked and the new handling was too greepy in real life the cars had a bit more greep because of the new diffuser they added, but still the cars are not that greepy.

F1 2012 was well balanced game, and it still had the best graphics of the whole series, handling was no where near real life just like all codies serires but again at least the cars had to be driven with care out of corners.

Get your facts and priorities straight
2013, the good was the tyres management and and the classic content everything else was bad, the graphics sucked and the new handling was too greepy in real life the cars had a bit more greep because of the new diffuser they added, but still the cars are not that greepy.

F1 2012 was well balanced game, and it still had the best graphics of the whole series, handling was no where near real life just like all codies serires but again at least the cars had to be driven with care out of corners.

The FIA banned the blown diffuser at the end of the 2012 season (aswell as off throttle exhaust blowing via engine maps), but the teams still exploited the on throttle exhaust gasses via the "coanda effect" (the theory by which airflow directed at a surface will attach to it and travel it's entire length), and thus the cars still had substantial amounts of rear grip on throttle.

The FIA banned the blown diffuser at the end of the 2012 season (aswell as off throttle exhaust blowing via engine maps), but the teams still exploited the on throttle exhaust gasses via the "coanda effect" (the theory by which airflow directed at a surface will attach to it and travel it's entire length), and thus the cars still had substantial amounts of rear grip on throttle.

The blown diffuser (exhaust air flow) is not the same as normal row diffuser with the curve at the end (floor air flow)
And the blown diffuser was banned for 2014 because the exhausts moved the centre of the car so the exhaust air flow wont hit the diffuser , now for the the 2013 season there was definitely a huge amount of grip but still my point was the amount of grip they put in 2013 game was too much.

They updated a bunch of stuff :

- all 2015 steering wheels are finally in the build
- full 2015 cars (not hybrid anymore)
- marussia added
- front cam nose on mercedes updated
- mclaren livery updated

Looks good and that's not even the PC version :)

I just don't understand why would they release a trailer with an older build of the game :/... very odd

On another hand still no info on tire degradation, flat spotting and so on ? is it in the game ore not ?

They updated a bunch of stuff :

- all 2015 steering wheels are finally in the build
- full 2015 cars (not hybrid anymore)
- marussia added
- front cam nose on mercedes updated
- mclaren livery updated

Looks good and that's not even the PC version :)

I just don't understand why would they release a trailer with an older build of the game :/... very odd

On another hand still no info on tire degradation, flat spotting and so on ? is it in the game ore not ?

Dude i have the preview and it doesnt support alot of wheels, plus the game simply doesnt run 60 fps period, its running at 30 fps.
the only new thing is the graphics graphics. and the controlles are really bad. i mean really bad.

And i promise you if you believe anything you see on youtube you will be disappointed once the game is out because like this guy saying that the game is soo good and bluh ... is getting paid by codies.

Dude i have the preview and it doesnt support alot of wheels, plus the game simply doesnt run 60 fps period, its running at 30 fps.
the only new thing is the graphics graphics. and the controlles are really bad. i mean really bad.

And i promise you if you believe anything you see on youtube you will be disappointed once the game is out because like this guy saying that the game is soo good and bluh ... is getting paid by codies.

It's 60fps and I play on PC so it's definitely 60 FPS ! You're talking about the controls and yet you never played this game since it's not out...! The problem is you, I am very happy that they finally have full steering lock.

I just saw that they have update the STWheel Motec for williams, so is good , I I thinks they fdont have premision or something happen with all the Motec style are all wrong, A circle in the Gear indicator on the Motec , Reallyyyyyyy?????? Apart that big fail , looks decent , not great ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back