F1 2013 F1 2013 Full Of Bugs...

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
Dear friends, playing this game since last Friday, in Career mode (25%), AIs Professional, with Williams, gamepad, I have discovered plenty of bugs, this is outrageous and I am furious with a game, that I paid € 50. The bugs are as follows:

-Tyres are having massive wear, the wets & intermediates only last 3-4 laps, the dry (options-primes) ones 4-5 laps. (In AIs last forever...)
-In Monaco GP, the Safety Car, came out 5 times, in dry conditions and I, only saw the chequered flag.
-In Monaco GP, the AIs, kept going straight, after the end of the tunnel, they did not turn.
-In Hungarian GP, I started first, I finished first, but the second car, was 3 minutes behind me, in wet conditions. All the cars were keeping getting off the track in the second section.
-Your Race Engineer, suggests you either intermediates or wets, in a race and when you follow their instructions while pitting, after exiting the pits, they announce you, that you do not have the appropriate set of tyres.
-In Singapore GP, in wet weather, the AIs, do not pit.
-In some races the AIs, are extremely hard to cope with, like they are Experts or Legends.
-If you try to Mid Save the game over 5 times, the game crashes.
-While the Safety Car is out, your race engineer, asks you to use KERS.
-The AIs, while only Professional, some times crashed on me, without any reason.
-Some times, on a huge crash, the Safety Car, does not come out, though it comes out for more minor crashes.

@William Mills Dear friend, I think the Expert or Legend AIs would be really close to me and I will not enjoy the game, because I should be 100% perfect in every lap of my game. I use gamepad. Professional AIs, are the right ones for me.
But surely if you are finding it so easy on Pro the solution is to up the difficulty... for me the challenge is to be perfect every lap and challenge the better AI rather than be able to just win against too easy AI.

Well I have to say that the problems you refer to are not apparent so far in the Xbox version. It's been a very solid release from my experience so far. Force feedback in particular has moved on another level from anything we have had before.
Spin kerb bug, definitely not seen that at all.
More than happy with the sound of the game too.

Seems most of these problems are in the PC version.
Well,

Yes,most of the bugs are related to the PC version ... i can't wait to feel the ffb other plateforms users are experiencing :D

Concerning sound ,i think that it lacks some bass at low rev and is too much noisy at high revs ... the "vaccum" sound of the V8s is not there :D

check this :

:p

Well,

Yes,most of the bugs are related to the PC? ? version ... i can't wait to feel the ffb other plateforms users are experiencing :D

Concerning sound ,i think that it lacks some bass at low rev and is too much noisy at high revs ... the "vaccum" sound of the V8s is not there :D

check this :

:p
That does look a bit odd but not something I have so far seen. Is that a common occurence or one off?

@misterbeam I had a similar issue earlier. I played a bit of monaco went into settings to tweek my wheel settings then came out and had no sound until I restarted the session that was a bit odd.

I cant say I have noticed the spin curb bug. I have spun once or twice from being over eager on the throttle out of low speed corners but I think that is probably not far off being right.

but the sound I agree on completely really difficult to know when to change gear without looking at the rev counter some times. Its been complained about enough now on the codies forum that im sure there will be a fix in the first patch.

And yes I am on PC

@fanpapad Thats fine Im not telling you how to play the game but for me winning every race from pole or even just winning every race is dull. These games are supposed to be a challenge and overtaking is one of those challenges pushing for a few laps before pitting to overtake someone in the pits. Nursing your tyres to go slightly longer than someone and take people on fresher tyres at the end of the race. I want the best challenge possible you may as well just be playing time trial to get the fastest laps you can. Its fair enough thats how you want to play it. But I really suggest going up a difficulty level its a lot more fun.

Safety car overtake rule bug?

I was driving an online race in belgium behind safety car and this one dude (who obliously knew the bug) was overtaking others again and again and I got a drive through penalty each time he overtook me (I suppose other too).

Also I have had many penaltys racing just behind another driver (without any touch to the other car...) So nice...

On Xbox360 online races, opponents disappear, they are still in race but you cant see them. Sometimes you disappear and even AI cars dont see you. Or, the cars stuck somewhere on the track or coming wrong way and hit you. Codemasters, fix those damn bugs.

strange. i am on pc, using a wheel and have none of the bugs described above. everything runs fine. but meanwhile, there are 7 patches.

when i started to play the game i had problems to save my tyres, too. had to adjust my style of driving and now i can stay out with soft tyres for about 8 laps in a 25% race.

and i have no drs when driving the classic cars.

strange. i am on pc, using a wheel and have none of the bugs described above. everything runs fine. but meanwhile, there are 7 patches.

when i started to play the game i had problems to save my tyres, too. had to adjust my style of driving and now i can stay out with soft tyres for about 8 laps in a 25% race.

and i have no drs when driving the classic cars.

How do you know you don't have DRS? Have you compared the speed at the end of straights, like the guy in the video? It's not good to assume that it isn't like that just because you don't see the DRS icon in the HUD.

Also, I'm not sure anyone can refer to the tire wear as a bug, since it's like it is by design.

On Xbox360 online races, opponents disappear, they are still in race but you cant see them. Sometimes you disappear and even AI cars dont see you. Or, the cars stuck somewhere on the track or coming wrong way and hit you. Codemasters, fix those damn bugs.

Codemasters are aware of this issue and are currently working on a fix.
It appears to be xbox related only.

How do you know you don't have DRS? Have you compared the speed at the end of straights, like the guy in the video? It's not good to assume that it isn't like that just because you don't see the DRS icon in the HUD.

Also, I'm not sure anyone can refer to the tire wear as a bug, since it's like it is by design.

Of course I compared the speed at the end of straights, pushing the drs button just has no effect in my game when driving the classic cars. car does not get faster. so please stop assuming that i am not able to check if i have drs or not.

Last edited:
Of course I compared the speed at the end of straights, pushing the drs button just has no effect in my game when driving the classic cars. car does not get faster. so please stop assuming that i am not able to check if i have drs or not.

Well, someone posted a video proving it, so of course I would make sure you tested it ;)

I experienced another annoying bug today, I was in qualifying and had 2 minutes left. I drove in the pits and then suddenly they had to repair something, but nothing was broken! so now i'm out in q1. I had this too in the practise session they just take a couple of minutes from my time for no reason

had a race at hungary a couple of nights ago. About 20 laps in started to rain really heavy so went onto wet tyres, so did the AI. About 10 laps later with the same conditions decided to save the game while running down the pit straight.

Came back to it this morning there I was on the blue pirelli tyres along with all the AI, went to brake at turn 1, slid all the way into the barriers, could not stop or turn, AI were going well slow and pitted straight away.

Quit the game and re-started the session save again.

Looked at the race director immediately, me and the AI had option tyres on even though in game were showing correct tyres.

Well done Codefudgers!!!

I experienced another annoying bug today, I was in qualifying and had 2 minutes left. I drove in the pits and then suddenly they had to repair something, but nothing was broken! so now i'm out in q1. I had this too in the practise session they just take a couple of minutes from my time for no reason
Have you ever changed your engine? If it gets below a certain percentage level, you will start getting the repair message everytime you come into the pits

I'm not going to play this game anymore, just waiting for f1 2014 maybe that one will be better.
I just did a 100% career race at bahrain but I experienced atleast 3 bugs, not to mention how many times I suddenly lost control while driving over a kerb

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back