F1 2012 Total Overhaul

A another stuff i just found Demy maybe you can look at this for Brake late or early factor we asked in other thread

File ai_driver_parameter_mappinps

Line

Code:
    <mapping ai_variable="mistake_brake_early_factor" characteristic="control" type="NEfloat" value="1.0" num_limits="4">
      <limit difficulty="0.0" characteristic_value="0.0">1.1</limit>
      <limit difficulty="0.0" characteristic_value="1.0">1.1</limit>
      <limit difficulty="1.0" characteristic_value="0.0">1.1</limit>
      <limit difficulty="1.0" characteristic_value="1.0">1.1</limit>
    </mapping>
    <mapping ai_variable="mistake_brake_late_factor" characteristic="control" type="NEfloat" value="1.0" num_limits="4">
      <limit difficulty="0.0" characteristic_value="0.0">0.9</limit>
      <limit difficulty="0.0" characteristic_value="1.0">0.9</limit>
      <limit difficulty="1.0" characteristic_value="0.0">0.9</limit>
      <limit difficulty="1.0" characteristic_value="1.0">0.9</limit>
    </mapping>

Im contine my way to search about ai removable time after crash, seem to be a value same at debrid

Im contine my way to search about ai removable time after crash, seem to be a value same at debrid

Bibi_fr, I wouldn't worry so much about this. What I've observed from all the testing I did on my safety car trigger mapping for all the tracks was that the car stays there long enough for the SC system to recognise that there is a crash on the track and the SC will deploy each time. I even noticed a few times from my testing of the tracks that a SC deployed even after a crashed AI car was removed, because the SC system had already triggered a response from the crashed car on the track.

It works fine just the way it is now from our other SC mod.

• Deleted member 137812

A another stuff i just found Demy maybe you can look at this for Brake late or early factor we asked in other thread

File ai_driver_parameter_mappinps

Line

Code:
    <mapping ai_variable="mistake_brake_early_factor" characteristic="control" type="NEfloat" value="1.0" num_limits="4">
      <limit difficulty="0.0" characteristic_value="0.0">1.1</limit>
      <limit difficulty="0.0" characteristic_value="1.0">1.1</limit>
      <limit difficulty="1.0" characteristic_value="0.0">1.1</limit>
      <limit difficulty="1.0" characteristic_value="1.0">1.1</limit>
    </mapping>
    <mapping ai_variable="mistake_brake_late_factor" characteristic="control" type="NEfloat" value="1.0" num_limits="4">
      <limit difficulty="0.0" characteristic_value="0.0">0.9</limit>
      <limit difficulty="0.0" characteristic_value="1.0">0.9</limit>
      <limit difficulty="1.0" characteristic_value="0.0">0.9</limit>
      <limit difficulty="1.0" characteristic_value="1.0">0.9</limit>
    </mapping>

This is not interesting, there lines can easily be edited in ai_choreographer and database. Besides, why would a car brake early accidentally? Never seen that :p

i see you don't wanna any help form real game develloper works so that not a problem lol
Im working on my own home version no more :p

and just a point for me now Crashed car was removed after 1 lap of SC not hard to found and edit but was just need adujt into SC settings but who care about it :)

Thanks for any help gived and Have fun all :)
Good luck for this overhaul mod that will be great for community

Ps: Demy try this stat before say that ... it's parametter of chance for less or late corner brake system

• Deleted member 137812

Yes I know that already Bibi, but thanks for contributing ;)

Remy, I tried your values that AI continue driving whilst having a flat tire or no wing. But the same problem as last time occured, the cars dont retire and just stand still on the track. Did this already occur in your game? I think it happens when they have terminal damage but the system doesnt recognize them as retiring.

Yes I know that already Bibi, but thanks for contributing ;)

Remy, I tried your values that AI continue driving whilst having a flat tire or no wing. But the same problem as last time occured, the cars dont retire and just stand still on the track. Did this already occur in your game? I think it happens when they have terminal damage but the system doesnt recognize them as retiring.

Never had that kind of problems with that lines.
But i had the problem of ai cars staying on track after a crash but that was without any mods.

You can try to decrease moderate damage threshold line to see if they are removed.

But i think it's still the old game bug that's present since it's release last year

• Deleted member 137812

Never had that kind of problems with that lines.
But i had the problem of ai cars staying on track after a crash but that was without any mods.

You can try to decrease moderate damage threshold line to see if they are removed.

But i think it's still the old game bug that's present since it's release last year
It was just testing, got my value to 0.5 now. I think its because of terminal sidepod damage tbh. if you make this value 50.0 or something it might not happen. Im currently playing with damage threshold on 0.7. What is you retirement speed on? high values bring sudden crashes because they suddenly steer wildly into the barriers when they reach that value with a blowout

It was just testing, got my value to 0.5 now. I think its because of terminal sidepod damage tbh. if you make this value 50.0 or something it might not happen. Im currently playing with damage threshold on 0.7. What is you retirement speed on? high values bring sudden crashes because they suddenly steer wildly into the barriers when they reach that value with a blowout

I use the ai config file from the sc mod so every value in that file is the value I use

Never had any problems. But it can be that combined with your realism mod the values are to high

Some new progress?

Schenk04 be patient bud, this overhaul has many components to it that all have to play nicely and work together otherwise it's just not worth doing at all.
There are many people working on this overhaul mod, and a lot of work to do.

I wouldn't expect anything big until end of March or early April.

Demy van Zoggel (and remydeleeuw for that matter....can't tag two people >.<)
(and anyone else up for a challenge) I had a question/concern:

Was wondering if you wanted to try looking at the CTF files for the cars with me to try and get some more realistic performance.
I've done a comparison of every teams' CTF files (located at \F1 2012\cars\[team]\[team].ctf) and found some interesting differences. First off, it appears at first glance that the game uses these CTF files to determine car performance for a given track, rather than the CTF files located in the balanced folder located at \F1 2012\cars\[team]\balanced\[trackname].ctf can you confirm this? I feel it is true because the CTF files per track in the balanced folder are all the same for every car, whereas the CTF files located directly under the team's folder in the "cars" folder (aka NOT in the balanced folder) have numerous differences. But I wanted to get your input on this before I claim it as true.

From there I noticed that the mass of each car is different by upwards of 40kg...that seems highly unrealistic to me, does it to you? I would think in a sport like F1 the teams would be trying to get their mass as close to the 640kg (now 642kg in 2013) weight limit as possible...so instead of seeing 40kg differences I would expect to see maybe 10-15kg difference maximum...please, anyone, correct me if I'm wrong here.

I also noticed the inertia values were higher for slower teams...which seems like an odd way of making them slower to me...versus lowering their horsepower in the ai_engine_power_per_tier table in the database file (and setting them with the appropriate tier in the f1teams table). Side note here; I found by increasing the tier of a team, but keeping the horsepower the same, the team's two drivers will be faster. So there's more to AI car performance than just horsepower...thankfully lol. But having higher inertia than another team seems like it would be a very hard thing to calculate in real life...which is why I was looking to set that value to be the same for every team, and then adjust aero, etc in the CTF file, and the other values for horsepower and tier in the database. Wanted to see if you thought this was a good thought process

So, do you (or anyone else?) want to try and tackle creating these files, or at least helping me get on the right track so I can mod them to mimic the 2013 teams' performance? These CTF files could then be used in this Total Overhaul mod

Demy van Zoggel (and remydeleeuw for that matter....can't tag two people >.<)
(and anyone else up for a challenge) I had a question/concern:

Was wondering if you wanted to try looking at the CTF files for the cars with me to try and get some more realistic performance.
I've done a comparison of every teams' CTF files (located at \F1 2012\cars\[team]\[team].ctf) and found some interesting differences. First off, it appears at first glance that the game uses these CTF files to determine car performance for a given track, rather than the CTF files located in the balanced folder located at \F1 2012\cars\[team]\balanced\[trackname].ctf can you confirm this? I feel it is true because the CTF files per track in the balanced folder are all the same for every car, whereas the CTF files located directly under the team's folder in the "cars" folder (aka NOT in the balanced folder) have numerous differences. But I wanted to get your input on this before I claim it as true.

From there I noticed that the mass of each car is different by upwards of 40kg...that seems highly unrealistic to me, does it to you? I would think in a sport like F1 the teams would be trying to get their mass as close to the 640kg (now 642kg in 2013) weight limit as possible...so instead of seeing 40kg differences I would expect to see maybe 10-15kg difference maximum...please, anyone, correct me if I'm wrong here.

I also noticed the inertia values were higher for slower teams...which seems like an odd way of making them slower to me...versus lowering their horsepower in the ai_engine_power_per_tier table in the database file (and setting them with the appropriate tier in the f1teams table). Side note here; I found by increasing the tier of a team, but keeping the horsepower the same, the team's two drivers will be faster. So there's more to AI car performance than just horsepower...thankfully lol. But having higher inertia than another team seems like it would be a very hard thing to calculate in real life...which is why I was looking to set that value to be the same for every team, and then adjust aero, etc in the CTF file, and the other values for horsepower and tier in the database. Wanted to see if you thought this was a good thought process

So, do you (or anyone else?) want to try and tackle creating these files, or at least helping me get on the right track so I can mod them to mimic the 2013 teams' performance? These CTF files could then be used in this Total Overhaul mod

Hi mate,

I haven't looked into this, but I always assumed that all the stuff in the "balanced" folders was only used when playing online with "equal car performance" selected.

Hi mate,

I haven't looked into this, but I always assumed that all the stuff in the "balanced" folders was only used when playing online with "equal car performance" selected.

I actually just looked into this. It's odd. Seems the game uses the CTF files for the cars that are NOT in the balanced folder for offline races...because we can see differences in the cars. However, I tried deleting all the CTF files from each teams' balanced folder, and upon starting a quick race weekend, the game crashes to desktop.

So clearly those files need to be in place, however I don't think the game is actually using them to calculate who's going to perform well/bad when doing offline racing. Naturally I could be wrong with this, however I don't see the point in CM spending the effort and money to create custom CTF files per team (aka the CTF files NOT in the balanced folder) to then just not use them.

So WillsB3 I'm going to venture that you're 100% correct - the balanced files are for online gameplay...which makes sense because they're ALL the same for every team. Just odd how the game needs them there even when I'm racing offline.

Well, in Ryders Debug mod I think you could change the car performance options on the fly in game as it were, if that is true then the game had probably already loaded both sets of performance files into memory.

Either that or maybe it's a primitive check the game does on startup when checking all the files it needs to function are there. This seems like the most likely options to me.

That doen't make sense? The AI all drive with different abilities (and their teams also would use different team performance configurations). In what way do you think the Balanced settings are used for the AI offline?
I think Ryder gives you the answer or johnny as they know that Balanced was for AI too.
All i can tell is If you just edit the Track folder then Player was only getting effected with the changes and if you keep the same setting for balanced then you AI will also gets effected.
Just download the CTF performance mod and Check those files mate you can find more info.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back