F1 2012 Total Overhaul

So here is what I envision for the final version of the safety car part of this mod to be - the safety car will be able to deploy in the first 3 laps if there is an accident involving only 1 or 2 cars and these cars crash in a place posing some type of danger to other drivers who are still racing. If however there is a massive incident where 4 or more cars all crash out together and block the race track, then there should still be a red flag. Once me and/or Roberto have completed modding all the tracks for the safety car mapping, I will try and look into this to see if it is possible to make this happen, for even more realism for the safety car experience in this game. I don't know if the coding in the game makes this possible, but I will look into this further once I've completed safety car trigger mapping for all the remaining tracks.

This would be a lot better than what we have now, where you can't get a safety car to deploy on the first 3 laps, only get a red flag for a massive incident and the AI cars just retire if they crash in the first 3 laps without a safety car deployed.

These following 3 videos illustrate what I would hope we can get the game to be like if incidents like these occured on lap 1. The first link, to the GP2 race in Monaco this year I believe that should have been red-flagged, not a safety car.The other 2 videos from Spa (both from the same race, the second video taken after the restart on lap 1) illustrate the point I was trying to make regarding the final product of the safety car part of this mod and what I would hope we can make it work like, regarding safety cars and red flags in this game on laps 1-3:

GP2 2012 Monaco pile up:
Spa pile up lap 1, 1998:
Spa safety car deployed on lap 1 after race restart (same race as link above):

I think we are going to take at least 3 months before a final release with everything working 100% as it should.
I haven't got time to work on the mod these past days and i'll be out for 10 days or so, but after that i'll get back to it and i'll see if i can release at least an alpha test version around January 31th.
LOL this 10th Fab.2013 no released alpha test version?

• Deleted member 137812

Funny to see that CM 18 weather dynamic weather systems and they don't use 2 of them on any track, lets check out what that might be. Maybe thunder?

• Deleted member 137812

That was a joke to be honest hehe, but its true they use 18 weather systems. And im not certain how they depend the weather

That was a joke to be honest hehe, but its true they use 18 weather systems. And im not certain how they depend the weather

Demy, I've done some extensive research into the weather and climates of each location where a race is held at the same time of the year that the race held, and what I found is that a lot of what is coded into the game doesn't actually correspond to the weather of average day/night temperatures of those places.

Firstly, there should never be any rain at Abu Dhabi, Bahrain or India and there should only be a very minimal chance of rain at Valencia.

Locations like Sao Paolo, Singapore and Malaysia have a lot of rain, also Silverstone, Spa, Montreal and Hockenheim.

All the other tracks the weather should be 30-50% chance of rain during the time of year the race is held.

None of my research corresponded to what was actually coded into the game, even though the makers of the game claimed that the coded the weather in the game is based on real life climates and chances of rainfall for each track at the time of the year the race is held. In other words, the weather was coded very inaccurately in this game for what is based on the real life weather and climate of where these tracks are located.

Demy, I've done some extensive research into the weather and climates of each location where a race is held at the same time of the year that the race held, and what I found is that a lot of what is coded into the game doesn't actually correspond to the weather of average day/night temperatures of those places.

Firstly, there should never be any rain at Abu Dhabi, Bahrain or India and there should only be a very minimal chance of rain at Valencia.

Locations like Sao Paolo, Singapore and Malaysia have a lot of rain, also Silverstone, Spa, Montreal and Hockenheim.

All the other tracks the weather should be 30-50% chance of rain during the time of year the race is held.

None of my research corresponded to what was actually coded into the game, even though the makers of the game claimed that the coded the weather in the game is based on real life climates and chances of rainfall for each track at the time of the year the race is held. In other words, the weather was coded very inaccurately in this game for what is based on the real life weather and climate of where these tracks are located.

Lets put this on our list for the total overhaul mod. With some more investigation maybe we can improve it.

I'd love to see more changeable weather

• Deleted member 137812

driveroz247 Are you sure about this? There are some XML files that show 18 dynamic weather systems and each of them have their own chance. I figured out four dry dynamic settings, which are "scenario_dynamic_f", "scenario_dynamic_m", "scenario_dynamic_q" and "scenario_dynamic_p". (in the tod.xml file) But im not sure what they exactly have to do with what weather we will get in the race.

What i think is that when you set "scenario_heavy_rain" prob="0.0" to a higher value than zero, it triggers the 18 different dynamic weather setups which include rain. So for example when you set heavy rain chance to 0.1 and set scenario_dynamic_d (lets say this scenario gives 100% rain) to 0.1, you'll have something like 0.1x0.1=0.01% chance of a 100% rain chance. Of course these values dont work exactly as I say they do, but I think its something like this.

Correct me if i'm wrong!

Demy

I'll try to explain this a little better. I've done some extensive research on the internet about the climates and average rainfall at the times of year for each track location. Firstly, there should be 0% chance of rain at Abu Dhabi, Bahrain and India, and less than 5% chance of getting rain over a 3 day race weekend at Valencia.

The chances you will get some rain at any time during the 3 day race weekend at Sao Paolo, Singapore, Malaysia, Silverstone, Spa, Hockenheim and Montreal will be 100%, that is, at some time during the 3 days of the race weekend, there will be some type of rain.

The other tracks should be anywhere from a 0-50% chance of rain over the 3 days of the race weekend. I hope this makes sense.

Here is an example of what I mean about how some of the track locations should be coded for rain in the game:

Malaysia:
Practice: 0% chance of rain
Q1: 25% chance of rain
Q2: 30% chance of rain
Q3: 25% chance of rain
Race: 10% chance of rain

Bahrain:
Q1: 0% chance of rain
Q2: 0% chance of rain
Q3: 0% chance of rain
Race: 0% chance of rain

Valencia:

Montreal:
Q3: 40% chance of rain
Race: 90% chance of rain

Melbourne:
Practice: 100% chance of rain
Race: 25% chance of rain

Shanghai:
Race: 100% chance of rain

Also, just because it says 25% or 50% chance of rain, does not mean it has to rain, it is only a forecast, or a chance, it might not happen. I would hope the game could have been coded somewhere along these lines. If it isn't, I might like to have a look into it.

The weather/climate changes sound good.

Two questions:
1. Can Singapore's practice session time be changed to daytime/afternoon as in real life?
2. Is it possible to remove the power limiter when going off track?

• Deleted member 137812

Demy

I'll try to explain this a little better. I've done some extensive research on the internet about the climates and average rainfall at the times of year for each track location. Firstly, there should be 0% chance of rain at Abu Dhabi, Bahrain and India, and less than 5% chance of getting rain over a 3 day race weekend at Valencia.

The chances you will get some rain at any time during the 3 day race weekend at Sao Paolo, Singapore, Malaysia, Silverstone, Spa, Hockenheim and Montreal will be 100%, that is, at some time during the 3 days of the race weekend, there will be some type of rain.

The other tracks should be anywhere from a 0-50% chance of rain over the 3 days of the race weekend. I hope this makes sense.

Here is an example of what I mean about how some of the track locations should be coded for rain in the game:

Malaysia:
Q1: 25% chance of rain
Q2: 30% chance of rain
Q3: 25% chance of rain
Race: 10% chance of rain

Bahrain:

Valencia:

Montreal:
Q3: 40% chance of rain
Race: 90% chance of rain

Melbourne:
Practice: 100% chance of rain
Race: 25% chance of rain

Shanghai:
Race: 100% chance of rain

Also, just because it says 25% or 50% chance of rain, does not mean it has to rain, it is only a forecast, or a chance, it might not happen. I would hope the game could have been coded somewhere along these lines. If it isn't, I might like to have a look into it.
Yes I get what you mean, this is something we can't figure out ourselves. But tbh I never had 25% rain chance for a race which didnt include rain.
I think they didn't to this right, and it needs to be improved. Last night i've been playing with the tod.xml file and noticed this system controls the weather the most. I've managed to decrease the rain chances on each track (because I know what systems control rain and which don't) But how it really works remains a problem for me.

Like Demy tell me im here now to spend some time on searching some feature hehe

Code:
<rcVehicleAfterTimeMax float="1.0" />
<rcVehicleAfterTimeFactor float="1.0" />

So for you Demy it's Rc Stand recover can you explain me by what do you think to telling rc Stand recover?

• Deleted member 137812

Its obvious, a lot of values show us that rc has to be recovery. Because it all has to do with avoid vehicle values and recover values.
But i dont exactly now what your lines mean, the ones you posted. Maybe someone else can help you with this.
Me for example like to know what the av lines mean, I think it has to do something with lapped cars?

Its obvious, a lot of values show us that rc has to be recovery. Because it all has to do with avoid vehicle values and recover values.
But i dont exactly now what your lines mean, the ones you posted. Maybe someone else can help you with this.
Me for example like to know what the av lines mean, I think it has to do something with lapped cars?

I'm not at home this weekend. But monday evening I will start testing the values in the file.

Have a look in the f1 2011 forums there is a thread about how to make an ai mod by kristian nenov there is a short explanation about the lines

ok i will also test this line to see if we got some different change.

Not sure too about some line but maybe some test will be fine!
Im looking that line because of SC mod, i also noticed some line "rc" got aspect on SC too maybe a way maybe im wrong and it's for something other i will test it xD

Edit: No influence on safety car, on time to disparear for ai crashed and on stand too
I didn't noticed change for anything -.-

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back