F1 2012 F1 2012 The Game: Patch #2 Underway

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
A few hours after the first patch hit Steam CodeMasters announced the second patch. It will be available within the next 24 hours and hopes are that most of the current issues will be gone, corrupted savegames amongst them.

Patch #1 fixed a relatively small number of issues but it seems to be the base patch 2 will rely on. CodeMasters on patch #1:

• Drivers should no longer have collisions with “invisible walls”
  • Fixed the desynchronised session of results which could occasionally lead to race result errors
  • Closed a small loophole which allowed erroneous times to posted to RaceNet
  • General RaceNet data upload stability improvements

This will be followed later this week by a further patch for PC which will address a large number of issues including the auto-save bug that are being tested and verified now. Details of these fixes will follow once this testing phase has been completed.

The second patch, however, will fix more than 200 issues at once - that's the plan, at least - and should put an end to the corrupted save game issues. These issues have been in the game in F1 2010 The Game & F1 2011 The Game as well and haven't been fixed in those games, ever. CodeMasters on patch #2:

This update contains in excess of 200 fixes and improvements for F1 2012 including the following major updates:
  • Autosave bug – The issue some users were experiencing where saving during career play would stop functioning is now fixed
  • Players ranked 6 are now able to see online sessions hosted by other players
  • Car setups will no longer revert to the default settings if players quit back to the main menu from Parc Fermé
  • Time attack times no longer overwrite RaceNet event times
  • AI drivers now pit to change tyres at the correct time
  • Fixed an issue where players using voice communication might experience a crash when plugging in a mic
  • Fixed an issue where some players would experience a crash in Career tutorials after completing a Season Challenge
  • Players are no longer able to drive through barriers/environment after using a flashback in pits
  • Fuel consumption when using manual gears has now been brought in line with automatic gear usage
  • Camera angles when exiting the pit lane has been fixed
  • AI no longer pit after one lap when wet weather races have been restarted
  • Positioning of the top 4 ranked players on PC leaderboards has been corrected. Leaderboards will be reset later today in order to update player rankings. (Once players complete another online race they will be added back on to the leaderboard with all their stats intact)
  • Driver name plates can now be seen
  • Numerous graphical improvements made such as flicker on rain/ground textures, interface positioning and correction of some track surfaces that showed incorrect weather
  • Various fixes to cameras including the 3D effect and pit lane cameras
  • Numerous textual and localisation fixes included

Also, CodeMasters announced that this patch will add a new issue to the game.
On certain hardware, when the player’s car goes into shadow the whole screen flickers. This can be worked around by setting Shadows to Low or Ultra Low in My F1 -> Graphics. This issue will be addressed in the next patch.​

Due to the nature of console patches their release will follow shortly after the PC version since they require additional submission and authorisation from Microsoft and Sony in advance.

For more screenshots, videos and our review of F1 2012 The Game visit our dedicated thread right here! For more on F1 2012 The Game in general visit our popular F1 2012 The Game forums with the latest discussions and also the place for modding resources, custom club and league races, setups and much more.

[source: community.codemasters.com]
View the Post on the Blog

"Autosave bug – The issue some users were experiencing where saving during career play would stop functioning is now fixed"

The same correction for F1 2010 and 2011 would be more than normal

I'm with Bram on this one, I don't suffer from understeer that is excessive given the conditions at the time. If you scrub enough speed off and take good lines there's plenty of front end grip available imo.

I've raced most of my races so far on low downforce type tracks and haven't been scrambling to add front wing to get me round.

Can you post a video of you driving and having understeer Diego, of course with no driving help on?

I really don't have any understeer with a proper setup and being on the brake on time.
okay, I supposed by now that we both know im literally exaggerating when i say an 11-1 set up. The issue I have, as well as many just have to look around, is the inconsistancy with the way a car handles (GP mode TT doesnt count), I am not a novice just starting out on F1, have thousands of hours combined with the previous 2 games, and have destroyed some of the best TT times with a gamepad.

Now I have been using both Wheel and pad to make a comparison, and I have reached a conclusion (personal) that you are so limited at how much you can push the car within the track, and why would I want my engine having to cry with a very low rear wing just so I can be as fast on the straights with a well balanced final gear, else AI/Online just overtakes you.

The inconsistancy I have within many many tracks that I can literally say I have perfect it in previous games, and other non code masters games, and also with out any assists, which I have only once used, is when taking a turn, at a certain gear to enhance this, at a certain (recommended gear) using an "equal" performance setting, I brake turn but when I turn I have to find myself downshifting about a gear more than you would have to, thus taking out BIG time.

I have never had to do that before, and when I mean inconsistancy, so far ar tracks such as melbourne, monaco, monza, spa, suzuka, etc. Turns 1 2 3 and 4 on Melbourne for example I have massive understeer sometimes even forcing me to run 1st gear. after those turns the car just flies thru the rest of the track.

thats just one example of the many others, but this is non TT, simply online and GP, I see that in order to even keep up on the straights also I have to run a low end rear wing, on tracks that you would expect to run a really high rear wing, not because of stability, but because of the nature of the track. This is one reason that after the glitch patch of 2011 the game became driveable.

The handling is fine on 2012, matter fact the mechanical balance i just transfer from my 2011, mostly borrowed and modified from some of the godlike drivers we have here, however, when seeing that 2012 has just a weird downforce and gear set up, it kind of has stolen my heart. I have to run really almost twice the amount of front end downforce than my rear wing, even then I can feel the understeer, no matter how smooth i take the corner, I have tried and seen most set ups for 2012 here, and im just baffled at why would codemasters see this kinds of set ups. Im no guru but 2011 was the sweetspot after patches when it came to set ups, it leveled the field quiet a bit.

I know is not a sim and a game, as I always say, but this to me personally is a big disappointment, I ahve recently just made top 20s on most of my fav tracks, but I had to run some of the oddest downforce balances in order for me to stay at the gear that each corner is to be taken. But meh, I hope patch #2 does somehow calibrate the front end of the car a lil bit more, because I have also had to mess extensively with my wheel settings, and I wouldnt be surprised if they didnt since not only people here are having some of the issues, although offered and given "fixes" but also in a lot of other sites, whether they are rookies or pros.

GRID 2 your my last hope.

I wont touch a Codemasters Racing game, I dont like buying half arsed arcade titles.

The fact Codies need to release patches of this size and nature to fix bugs which also existed in the previous 2 F1 titles is testament to their lack of ability to QA these releases proffesionaly, which is now being reinforced by these 2 patches for there latest F1 2012.

They'll need to do better than this in the future if they want to stay in the game.

Can you post a video of you driving and having understeer Diego, of course with no driving help on?

I really don't have any understeer with a proper setup and being on the brake on time.
Are you retarded?
Understeer or bad programmation for wheels, wahtever. All people know F1 2012 is for gamepads. The game is imcompatible with wheels.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back