F1 2012 F1 2012 The Game: Patch #2 Underway

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
A few hours after the first patch hit Steam CodeMasters announced the second patch. It will be available within the next 24 hours and hopes are that most of the current issues will be gone, corrupted savegames amongst them.

Patch #1 fixed a relatively small number of issues but it seems to be the base patch 2 will rely on. CodeMasters on patch #1:

• Drivers should no longer have collisions with “invisible walls”
  • Fixed the desynchronised session of results which could occasionally lead to race result errors
  • Closed a small loophole which allowed erroneous times to posted to RaceNet
  • General RaceNet data upload stability improvements

This will be followed later this week by a further patch for PC which will address a large number of issues including the auto-save bug that are being tested and verified now. Details of these fixes will follow once this testing phase has been completed.

The second patch, however, will fix more than 200 issues at once - that's the plan, at least - and should put an end to the corrupted save game issues. These issues have been in the game in F1 2010 The Game & F1 2011 The Game as well and haven't been fixed in those games, ever. CodeMasters on patch #2:

This update contains in excess of 200 fixes and improvements for F1 2012 including the following major updates:
  • Autosave bug – The issue some users were experiencing where saving during career play would stop functioning is now fixed
  • Players ranked 6 are now able to see online sessions hosted by other players
  • Car setups will no longer revert to the default settings if players quit back to the main menu from Parc Fermé
  • Time attack times no longer overwrite RaceNet event times
  • AI drivers now pit to change tyres at the correct time
  • Fixed an issue where players using voice communication might experience a crash when plugging in a mic
  • Fixed an issue where some players would experience a crash in Career tutorials after completing a Season Challenge
  • Players are no longer able to drive through barriers/environment after using a flashback in pits
  • Fuel consumption when using manual gears has now been brought in line with automatic gear usage
  • Camera angles when exiting the pit lane has been fixed
  • AI no longer pit after one lap when wet weather races have been restarted
  • Positioning of the top 4 ranked players on PC leaderboards has been corrected. Leaderboards will be reset later today in order to update player rankings. (Once players complete another online race they will be added back on to the leaderboard with all their stats intact)
  • Driver name plates can now be seen
  • Numerous graphical improvements made such as flicker on rain/ground textures, interface positioning and correction of some track surfaces that showed incorrect weather
  • Various fixes to cameras including the 3D effect and pit lane cameras
  • Numerous textual and localisation fixes included

Also, CodeMasters announced that this patch will add a new issue to the game.
On certain hardware, when the player’s car goes into shadow the whole screen flickers. This can be worked around by setting Shadows to Low or Ultra Low in My F1 -> Graphics. This issue will be addressed in the next patch.​

Due to the nature of console patches their release will follow shortly after the PC version since they require additional submission and authorisation from Microsoft and Sony in advance.

For more screenshots, videos and our review of F1 2012 The Game visit our dedicated thread right here! For more on F1 2012 The Game in general visit our popular F1 2012 The Game forums with the latest discussions and also the place for modding resources, custom club and league races, setups and much more.

[source: community.codemasters.com]
View the Post on the Blog

Can you post a video of you driving and having understeer Diego, of course with no driving help on?

I really don't have any understeer with a proper setup and being on the brake on time.
Are you retarded?
Understeer or bad programmation for wheels, wahtever. All people know F1 2012 is for gamepads. The game is imcompatible with wheels.
Your opening question is just not acceptable.
He has the right to be spoken to like a human being.
If you cant be civil just dont post here buddy.
Grow some manners or go elswehere.

I wont touch a Codemasters Racing game, I dont like buying half arsed arcade titles.

The fact Codies need to release patches of this size and nature to fix bugs which also existed in the previous 2 F1 titles is testament to their lack of ability to QA these releases proffesionaly, which is now being reinforced by these 2 patches for there latest F1 2012.

They'll need to do better than this in the future if they want to stay in the game.
Suppose you're right. But there's no antagonism out there. In the finale you patch your game and everything's fine. Some more testing is all they need for sure. :thumbsup:

:roflmao: love how people say this game is **** because they actually have to attempt to drive the car this year...sure it has its problems...as any game does...when has a game ever come out that didn't have flaws...exactly NEVER! God forbid we have to tune our set-ups a little differently and imagine this...possibly change our driving style! :O_o: Can't wait to get the patch on PS3!

With this patch, I have 20-30 frames less and that is unplayable. I spend a GTX 470 and no desire to € 300 for a new graphics card, because of this mindless Patch! Every modder is working better than with CM.
How do I get this patch back down?

With this patch, I have 20-30 frames less and that is unplayable. I spend a GTX 470 and no desire to € 300 for a new graphics card, because of this mindless Patch! Every modder is working better than with CM.
How do I get this patch back down?

Unless you have the DVD version: not at all, sorry.

In excess of 200 fixes?!? Did Codemasters even test their game?
Why waste money and time testing it when they can release it on the unsuspecting public and get them to test it.

You would think after all the complaints about the autosave problem from 2010 and 2011 that would have been the first thing they would have made absolutely sure was working.

The biggest problem now is the short gearing. Every race is on the rev limiter half way down the straight. It needs fixing.

In my opinion the only worthy title codies have ever released was Collin Mcrae's Dirt, atleast Collin made sure the game was up to scratch before dumping it on the paying public.

Maybe Codies need to employ an F1 driver to make sure their title is worthy of release, after all they make enough money from the simracing public, which is all of us.

Would you buy a new car if it had this many issues??? I think not.

In my opinion the only worthy title codies have ever released was Collin Mcrae's Dirt, atleast Collin made sure the game was up to scratch before dumping it on the paying public.

Maybe Codies need to employ an F1 driver to make sure their title is worthy of release, after all they make enough money from the simracing public, which is all of us.

Would you buy a new car if it had this many issues??? I think not.
I'm so glad I didn't buy this game. 2 patches within a week of release?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back