F1 2012 F1 2012 The Game: HD Modifications

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Whilst F1 2012 in itself is indeed looking and feeling great right out of the box there's always an improvement down the road. We are in the lucky position to have all these incredibly talented people posting their modifications on RD. This, however, can lead to either missing out on awesome mods because of the quick succession of postings or getting overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different modifcations.

This article will guide you through the jungle that is the F1 2012 Mods board and not only list the best graphical modifications to date but also list possible alternatives.

Neither of these mods will give you an advantage in-game but merely replace the standard textures with higher resolution textures and / or updated skins. This list reflects my own choice of modifications and doesn't necessarily list all modifications currently available and is in no way exhaustive.
Cars

Steering Wheels

Tracks

Garages

Tyres

Suggested

You can further improve the quality of all car skins if you copy the high quality texture into the low quality folder and rename the texture appropriately. Bear in mind that this means that the car skins alone might need several GB of space on your hard drive.

Please keep in mind that most of these mods will add graphical quality and can thus lead to losing performance. If you're already hardly being able to play the game smoothly you might want to be cautious.

For more on F1 2012 The Game in general visit our popular F1 2012 The Game forums with the latest discussions and also the place for modding resources, custom club and league races, setups and much more.
View the Post on the Blog

"great out of the box"?

Sorry guys, this is not true.

It looks a little bit bad for a 2012 game, its extremly limited because of the old, slow video-consoles.

rFactor with a good ENB setting looks much better and has real HD-texture with good (F1)-mods and of course much much better physics and options.

"great out of the box"?

Sorry guys, this is not true.

It looks a little bit bad for a 2012 game, its extremly limited because of the old, slow video-consoles.

rFactor with a good ENB setting looks much better and has real HD-texture with good (F1)-mods and of course much much better physics and options.
No offence but I've played the review version, before the game has been released - and it looked great back then as well. rFactor might look good but that does involve mods. Straight out of the box rFactor can't keep up. Pretty obvious due to it's age.

Now add mods to F1 2012 and rFactor 1 can't keep up even with it's mods. Also, you don't need to like what you see - it would be boring if everyone had the same taste, no? :)

Great mods all of them. :D
F1 2012 rocks now. There is no other Grand Prix game or modset to match it. The cars, the tracks and the racing are top of the game right now. I am talking about the PC version of course which is far superior to the console versions due to the mods. I love it. :)

Nice post!!!
Haven't noticed the Toro Rosso 2xHD. Time to download it! Guess i have all the other mods already :rolleyes:
Im trying to make some steering wheels to add to the list, but im having a lot of work.
But my "guess" is that a like doing this, just spent 13 hours yesterday trying to make the steering wheel for Lotus :D
One mod that im using and i can't play without it is the damage mod, i really hate the strong F1 cars made by CM :roflmao:

I've got a problem... i did the mod for all cars and venom's custom wteering wheels, but when i start loading a race it crashes to desktop... any help??? also, what's the difference betweem 4096 and 8192????
4096 x 8192 is the difference of size of the textures. If you use a 8192 texture you will have better quality textures in your game, but also you will need more video memmory. Not sure why it crashes to desktop, but maybe its because its using too much vram. Try to use 4096 if you are using 8192. ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back