Misc F1 2012 Realism mod

• Thread starter Deleted member 137812
  • Start date
  • Deleted member 137812

Realism Mod - 1.8

Fixed the tyre wear issues on Singapore and some other small problems

hill , yes

Some people misled me the AI drives to long on worn tyres and crash, so I adjusted the tyre wear. This made a track like Singapore w/o any pitstops. Now im sure I got the values right, if cars crash due tyre wear let me know please. This will probably have to do with the number of laps on 50% or 75%. Because if a track is 61 laps on 100%, it will be 31 laps on 50%. This make some AI cars go out on lap longer and since the tyre wear is scaled, it decreases quickly and let them crash.

What could possibly be explanation for my problem, its unbelievable, i have the same version as you, no other mods installed but the problem still occurs.
First 2 corners and every car crashes, It looks like the ai don't know when to brake or what to do. I can't think of anything what could cause this, do you need some otherm mods installed i don't know, i defragged the game directory, no changes, tried everything. What you do, what have you installed, I installed roberto costa aggressive AI and it works fine. But i dont understand why yours doesn't work!?

Even at qualifying when ai cars are driving slowly they crash into walls!:(

• Deleted member 137812

What could possibly be explanation for my problem, its unbelievable, i have the same version as you, no other mods installed but the problem still occurs.
First 2 corners and every car crashes, It looks like the ai don't know when to brake or what to do. I can't think of anything what could cause this, do you need some otherm mods installed i don't know, i defragged the game directory, no changes, tried everything. What you do, what have you installed, I installed roberto costa aggressive AI and it works fine. But i dont understand why yours doesn't work!?
Me neither man :(
How about the latest patch?

You can always use Roberto's ai_driver_config's file and my database. I think those two will work together! ;)

• Deleted member 137812

Yes i have the latest patch, i checked game version is 1.3.3.0

like i said DATABASE AND DECALS work, but when it comes to AI it's getting weird
I mean v1.8 that I just uploaded.

so i've readed now every post but i'm not sure... sorry if anybody
wrote it already but does this mod work in career yes or no`?

Nope doesn't seem to work in career. Had 2 50% races in career now (Valencia and Silverstone) with the database installed and everything works fine except that AI just doesn't pit for new tyres. They just stay out on the track until the tyres are completely worn out and then they crash. :cry:

I will try it in Quick race mode tomorrow

• Deleted member 137812

Nope doesn't seem to work in career. Had 2 50% races in career now (Valencia and Silverstone) with the database installed and everything works fine except that AI just doesn't pit for new tyres. They just stay out on the track until the tyres are completely worn out and then they crash. :cry:

I will try it in Quick race mode tomorrow
quick race works ;)

Demy, are the AI strong at korea? I am struggling with the pace in the race.

If I were to change the track difficulties value for a track will it mean the AI are less aggressive?

Ah good to know thx. The mod is brilliant, the AI is so much better now.

Still, there is one problem I noticed. I did a quick race in sao paulo and was 3rd behind Hamilton and Vettel.

However, in round 23 Vettel reached De La Rosa who was one Lap behind. Vettel tries to lap De La Rosa, but he stays on the racing line and doesn't leave much space for Vettel. Same happens to Hamilton, so the two line up behind De La Rosa and I can easily overtake the two and get to P1.

After about 6 sec they finally manage to overtake him, but still I got P1 with a 6 sec gap on the 2nd without having to fight for it.

It seems like your mod makes the AI to stay on racing line, even when they are being lapped. Can you check this please?

Ah good to know thx. The mod is brilliant, the AI is so much better now.

Still, there is one problem I noticed. I did a quick race in sao paulo and was 3rd behind Hamilton and Vettel.

However, in round 23 Vettel reached De La Rosa who was one Lap behind. Vettel tries to lap De La Rosa, but he stays on the racing line and doesn't leave much space for Vettel. Same happens to Hamilton, so the two line up behind De La Rosa and I can easily overtake the two and get to P1.

After about 6 sec they finally manage to overtake him, but still I got P1 with a 6 sec gap on the 2nd without having to fight for it.

It seems like your mod makes the AI to stay on racing line, even when they are being lapped. Can you check this please?
Even before I started using this mod, I always noticed that cars being blue flagged would give much more room to user controlled cars than to AI cars.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 76 29.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 53 20.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 55 21.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 31 12.1%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 16 6.2%