F1 2012 Enhanced Image IQ

I like. I wish all games had this thing.. without the loss of fps. I tried 0.8 average.. too blurry but looks good in it's own way. Scenery looks good I agree. 0.6 or 0.4 might look better for overall.

Well for me the Sharpening looks fantastic! Thanks!

But i need to quit the AA to restore some FPS.., any way to disable AA?

I've tried disabling and game don't start, closes after logo.
Maybe keeping active, but extreme lowered settings.

Help me please. Thanks a lot. :)

I like. I wish all games had this thing.. without the loss of fps. I tried 0.8 average.. too blurry but looks good in it's own way. Scenery looks good I agree. 0.6 or 0.4 might look better for overall.
I've tried some high values too, it makes too blurry.
You can use it with a lot of other games, this version its the Directx10 version, there is a Directx9 version, and also, for Directx9 theres ENB series that for some games its a way heavie than Fxaa post process injector, but a way better also. The only problem is that its only for Dx9, so it doesn't work for F1 2012 :(
Take a look:

(Watch in HD)
:D
EDIT: Forgot to mention, i like the sharpen too.
Brings more life to the game IMO, only problem is that makes the contour too strong on the cars, its a little hard, but i believe the best way its to find a good amount of blur + sharpen for a best F1 2012 image.

Well for me the Sharpening looks fantastic! Thanks!

But i need to quit the AA to restore some FPS.., any way to disable AA?

I've tried disabling and game don't start, closes after logo.
Maybe keeping active, but extreme lowered settings.

Help me please. Thanks a lot. :)
Do you use the games built in AA? Its way more demanding on the GPU than the FXAA.
You can lower it to see if you like.

If you don't use, then you can edit the inFX_Settings.h with notepad.
Under "Filter Selection":
#define USE_ANTI_ALIASING - change it to //#define USE_ANTI_ALIASING
This should disable the AA.
Or, you can just try to lower the AA, apply these values under FXAA SHADER:

float fxaaQualitySubpix = 0.35; // Default: 0.75 Raise to increase amount of blur
float fxaaQualityEdgeThreshold = 0.700; // Lower the value for more smoothing
float fxaaQualityEdgeThresholdMin = 0.1100; // Lower the value for more smoothing

If its still bad, you can increase the EdgeThreshold and ThreshoulMin and decrease the Subpix.
Hope that helped.

This is how my game looks with 0.4..

f120122012101201291153.jpg

Skyrim looks good.. I wish there was something like this for BF3.. but when I tried something similar it made me lose FPS.. think my GTX570 isn't good enough.. I think I like more blur than most people but I will have a play with the sharpen..

Looks nice!!! I haven't notice too much blur. Real nice, i don't like when its blurry, but also don't like when it have no blur at all. lol
I saw FXAA for BF3, uses the same one in the file. You can try, but almost sure you will have to change a lot of effects. Also, i don't think its going to lower the fps, at least in F1 2012 my fps loss is 0. And my card is a 560ti :)

Problem with BF3.. I use v sync to lock at 60fps.. and already without fxaa injector I already have drops below 60 fps.. :( Maybe that's the problem.

I tried sharpening.. one question.. what's the difference between having 0 sharp and 0 blur.. or having like 2.0 sharp and 0.6 blur.. it seems they sort of cancel each other out?

I have 0.4 average and 0.8 and it looks quite nice.. sort of half blurry half sharp..

span.jpg

Problem with BF3.. I use v sync to lock at 60fps.. and already without fxaa injector I already have drops below 60 fps.. :( Maybe that's the problem.

I tried sharpening.. one question.. what's the difference between having 0 sharp and 0 blur.. or having like 2.0 sharp and 0.6 blur.. it seems they sort of cancel each other out?

I have 0.4 average and 0.8 and it looks quite nice.. sort of half blurry half sharp..
Something like 45-50 fps on BF3 wouldn't be good?

As for the sharpening and blur, i don't know, but my guess is the same, i did some tests and looks like the blur gets in front of the sharpening, maybe there is a range for these two to look nice and togheter, thats my guess, not hard, but it will need somework.
The other settings are much worst, sometimes you increase a number and then something is going, but another one it isn't, and sometimes happens the other way.
Example: I was trying to have a real nice image on the Vivid version, using the sepia power was making it better, BUT, the white colors on the game were too strong, so i decided to use less saturation. It solved the white problem, but the image started to look more "dead" and i chose Ferrari to make a comparison, it was much worst, the red was very weak :(
For now im in between playing and modding! :roflmao:
Maybe later i'll try to find this "good point" between sharp and blur.

EDIT: Forgot to mention about the image, looks like too much blur IMO, but im not sure because you're at almost 300kph, so can be the game motion blur. I say that because the wheel doesn't look too blurred. :thumbsup:

50 fps is good.. I just like when it stays at 60 (if possible)

Yep motion blur is also interfering.. looks a bit different when the car is stopped. I like the motion blur on the sides of the track this year.. don't know if last year had it.. but it feels more like you are going faster.

Got it. I just start to be worried when it comes to 40, if it still falling, then something bad is comming lol.

I noticed that the motion blur is nice, NOW, that i saw your picture :D
Im too focused on the track that i almost haven't noticed the motion blur! :roflmao:
The last year had, almost sure, but sure this year is more noticeable and better.

Do you use the games built in AA? Its way more demanding on the GPU than the FXAA.
You can lower it to see if you like.

If you don't use, then you can edit the inFX_Settings.h with notepad.
Under "Filter Selection":
#define USE_ANTI_ALIASING - change it to //#define USE_ANTI_ALIASING
This should disable the AA.
Or, you can just try to lower the AA, apply these values under FXAA SHADER:

float fxaaQualitySubpix = 0.35; // Default: 0.75 Raise to increase amount of blur
float fxaaQualityEdgeThreshold = 0.700; // Lower the value for more smoothing
float fxaaQualityEdgeThresholdMin = 0.1100; // Lower the value for more smoothing

If its still bad, you can increase the EdgeThreshold and ThreshoulMin and decrease the Subpix.
Hope that helped.

Don't work for me. :O_o:

Change any setting and nothing happens, stay the same. Alt-Enter, Close & Reopen, WTV.

I want only the Sharpening and the rest, but NO AA! REALLY CAN'T BE DISABLED?

Thanks.

Sorry Bertox, i really don't know another way to disable it. The way i know and it should work is the //#define USE_ANTI_ALIASING.
Is your with patch 6? I got a little fps drop and some graphic problems after the patch. :(

It's probably just me, but i don't see the difference
Its look like since the last patch the difference is real low.
The best way to see it is in game. When you are in the car press "pause/break" on the keyboard and you'll see it. As for the pictures, look at the last one i posted, it softens the image using the AA. :)

Hello Roberto. You did a great job for the F1 2012 mod Enhanced Image IQ.
The top would be able to approach the levels of contrast, brightness and saturation of the xbox version (watch some videos on youtube). Is colored much more real than the PC version. See if you can do something.
However, you are great!
Claudio.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back