F1 2012 F1 2012 Community Interview: Steve Hood

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Status
Not open for further replies.
mGzwY.jpg
Together with CodeMasters we've been working hard over the past few months in order to set up an interview by the community and for the community. Now, how does this work?

Everyone (limitations as outlined below apply) can post questions and the most popular ones will be sent to CodeMasters on August 20th. Deadline for posting your quetions will be August 20th, 6pm GMT / 7pm UK time / 8pm CET.

Limitations:
- Registered prior to August 6th.
- Maximum of 3 questions per user, please be reasonable.
- Question must contain no insults etc.
- Question must not be about modding (this is a limitation CM has set).
- There's a limitation on how much questions we can ask, so not every popular question might make it.

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to message me.

• Deleted member 90535

1. Are the times posted in game closer to the real times?
2. Is there flatspotting implemented? If not, do you consider implementing it in the future games?
3. Is the force feedback going to be improved?

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand we're done! Thanks a bunch for your participation, guys & gals!

I'll send the questions to Andy Gray either tonight or first thing tomorrow morning - much depending on when I arrive at home (still at work). Thanks again for taking part in this!

:)

The questions I sent to CodeMasters are as follows. I hope you are happy with them even tho I obviously couldn't factor in all the questions.

1 - Will the cars still be some sort of indestructible tanks? In 2011 they often hit a wall and didn't even get scratched.

2 - Will online racing be better than last year? I.e. less connection issues and the likes. It's P2P, so it's hard to tell if your improvements work out, we know. Also will "Equal Performance" really be equal this year?

3 - Do you plan to release more than 1 or 2 patches and actually fix issues caused by patches this year? Lest not forget the tyre bug in 2011, introduced with the last patch and not deemed to be worth fixing. This includes, possibly, updating DRS zones for the races that occur after the release.

4 - Speaking of the AI, will it be improved overall? This doesn't only concern the speed of the other cars but also how quick the AI will use yellow / red flags, send out the Safety Car and making the race engineer radio you better / more information about what's going on.

5 - Will the game feature improved physics & tyre models? Not asking for the randomness that the real 2012 races are but in 2011 the tyre wear was pretty much the same with almost every setup. Also, losing bits of your front wing doesn't matter a lot in 2011, will this be more realistic in 2012?

6 - When suffering a drive through penalty around the time of your pit stop are we still forced to take the pit stop before the drive through is completed. We should have the option to delay \ abandon the pit stop in this situation. This is somehow related to how the AI is reacting to sudden changes in your race as well.

7 - Are you planning to add some kind of telemetry data to the game? At least some most basic stuff, like there was in TOCA. Also, did you add more data to the stream delivered to third party hardware, i.e. D-BOX or SLI-PRO displays and the likes.

8 - Is there anything being done on the cheating prevention system to reduce amount of hackers and maybe prevent modified files like car performance and database files to be used online?

9 - What's new in the replay system, and when can we expect to do things like skipping to specific laps, spectating AI, and maybe even a highlights menu to skip to crashes or other interesting things that may have happened during a race?

10 - Why did you make the switch to Steam?

Just to keep you guys posted on this: we have not received the answers from CodeMasters yet but I was on the phone with Andy Gray last week and he confirmed that we'll receive them soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back