F1 2012 F1 2012 Community Interview: Steve Hood

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Status
Not open for further replies.
mGzwY.jpg
Together with CodeMasters we've been working hard over the past few months in order to set up an interview by the community and for the community. Now, how does this work?

Everyone (limitations as outlined below apply) can post questions and the most popular ones will be sent to CodeMasters on August 20th. Deadline for posting your quetions will be August 20th, 6pm GMT / 7pm UK time / 8pm CET.

Limitations:
- Registered prior to August 6th.
- Maximum of 3 questions per user, please be reasonable.
- Question must contain no insults etc.
- Question must not be about modding (this is a limitation CM has set).
- There's a limitation on how much questions we can ask, so not every popular question might make it.

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to message me.

Firstly thanks for a great racing game, despite some little niggles both versions have been fantastic value for money and given me incredible fun and enjoyment. So thanks again.

Lots of my questions have already been covered but here are a few that that have not so far:-

1) Does the new game allow only the host of a race to instigate the start. I have lost count of the amount of times races get started before people are ready due to over eager drivers. Making it so that only the host can start the race would solve this.

2) When suffering a drive through penalty around the time of your pit stop are we still forced to take the pit stop before the drive through is completed. We should have the option to delay \ abandon the pit stop in this situation.

3) Have you fixed the problem whereby we lose the race director at the end of an offline or co-op race? We currently have to pause the game before crossing the finish line in an offline GP to view all the information. In co-op it's not available at all once the race is finished. We should have this available after the race in the same way it is in an online GP.

1. I know its late in the development cycle, but I would personally like to be able to watch cars on track from the timing and scoring screen in the garage. All the real drivers watch the world feed so having the world feed displayed along with that particular drivers splits would add some realism. I realize that is a lot of programming, but perhaps it can make next years build.

2. Is it possible to have more animation scripts for the mechanics? If I choose to change my shocks, or even tires, I would like to see them do it. Not spend 15 min changing roll bars or anything, but currently when I change tires, they just magically change. Can we add a level of immersion and have the mechanics with some additional animation scripts to perform the work when you perform a setup change.

3. I would like to see my splits on the wheel instead of the OSD. Again, another level of immersion. Is that possible to see my split displayed for 5 seconds after crossing a sector line?

My Questions for CM:

1) How far is CM going to pursue the post-release update and patch service, because in F1 2011 there was only 2 patches (technically 1 since 1.01 is a first-day-patch)? Will CM update driver profiles and car profiles as the season progresses (like sports games: NBA Live 10, NBA 2K12, Madden, NHL, etc.)

2) How is tyre wear implemented in F1 2012? (In F1 2011 driving-style, setup, nor car affected the tyre wear, clearly 2012 season's competitiveness comes from Pirelli tyres, will they be simulated in the game?)

3) Multiplayer (Issue: GFWL made multiplayer absolutely unacceptable. Moreover, the online racing is a mix of people, with some 5 seconds quicker than CPU and some who can barely get through a lap. Will there be a tier system of some sort? Higher tiers can only race with higher tiered drivers?)

1. Is the rain more frequent as i had a whole season without rain:(
2. Has damage been updated
3. Will certain cars have different areas of strengths and weaknesses like the McLaren was good in Montreal but not as good in Monaco

1. Is the AI really LEGEND in F1 2012, because in F1 2011 me and my co-op season buddy had to play with teams like Williams and Force India so we atleast fight with the AI also.

2. Will there be a Red Flag in any session if rain is too heavy?

3. Will there be Private Lobby for online races??

1. Are you planning to add some kind of telemetry data to the game? At least some most basic stuff, like there was in Toca Race Driver would be a start and something to build on in the future.

2. Can we have an option to drive offiline (GP mode) with online track physics? F1 2011 has much more grip online (probably the same as in time trial, but there you drive with no fuel).

3. Online replays? Please?

1. Will the 2012 "Random Tires" be implemented in the game? (please don't)
2. Will you be able to join a medium-low team and through development make it a top team? (Testing or Practice objectives perhaps?)

1. Will the Caterhams actually be realistic this year and be at a halfway point between backmarkers and midpack like in real life.

2. what way will the questions in main game mode effect your progress this year, i.e are they more in depth, and what other significant changes are expected

3. What races will the cars tiers be based on?

1) will codies improve the game after release? (improve AI, update DRS zone...)

2)is the out of sight (insight) bug still there?e.g in F12011 the AI drive slower when they are insight...in front and behind you

3)is ghosting still there in multiplayer?e.g in F12011 you and other cars will be ghosted when there is a accident or crash...its not the best for league gaming or coop

1. Will there be a more detailed "Director Mode" to feature things like lap by lap data for player positions and laptimes? Maybe even see the outcome of past races that've been done? If not is such a thing planned to be seen in future games?
  2. What's new in the replay system, and when can we expect to do things like skipping to specific laps, spectating AI, and maybe even a highlights menu to skip to crashes or other interesting things that may have happened during a race?
  3. Will CM continue to keep a similar file structure as F1 2011, and not hide files in order to make it easier for modders to make changes?
  4. Is there anything being done on the cheating prevention system to reduce amount of hackers and maybe prevent modified files like car performance and database files to be used online?
  5. Can we ever expect in career mode to have something along the lines of "My Player" mode in other sports games like NBA 2k where the other teams actually switch out drivers, and even new fictional drivers are created and enter into the F1 world as rookies over the course of your career?
  6. Similar to Q1: Will we be able to see Race Director menus after a race and even of races completed from earlier in the season?
I guess my questions are based more for future of their games but still would be interesting to know their answer if any of these Qs can be featured.

Is it possible to race against ghost times set by other people such as Lewis or Nick Hamilton ?

Why is this series so easy compared to the benchmark f1 game - grand prix legends - which is nearly 15 years old but still offers a challenge far beyond the current half season wonder of this f1 series ?

Which real life f1 drivers have played any of the series and what sort of times can they achieve ?

1. Does the game has a smoother and consistantly framerate, even in the pits and if you're at the end of the grid? (for all platforms)

2. Can we expect really real laptimes or still they're to fast? (e. g. Singapore around 10sec)

3. Can the AI now overtake sensible on straights with DRS out of the slipstream and can they challenge the player about a full race distance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back