F1 2011 F1 2011 - Bug Report Thread

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
The game was awesome until the gremlins came out. First the sound went out, had to restart, the had to repick my custom wheel setup, and then the G27 got whacked out so much the game is unplayable. I was loving it until the gremlins reared their ugly heads out.

Anybody having issues?

Anyone else noticed that performance/fps has gone a lot worse after latest patch? I got over 90fps average in benchmark with 1920x1080,ultra,aax4 and in actual gameplay fps was around 80-100 depeding on tracks and conditions but now after patch im only getting avg 77fps in benchmark and in at gameplay fps is around 70-80 and there is heavy stuttering specially when there is AI cars close to you.

If the only problem would be loosing 10-20fps it would be fine but that stuttering make gameplay absolutely horrible, when driving alone its smooth as silk but in race there is horrible stuttering even that fps is still aroun 70-80 all the time.

2500K, 8gb 1600MHz ram, GTX 570 TF3 PE/OC, SSD ,ASUS VG236 120Hz monitor etc

Had a 75% practice race at Shanghai over the weekend. Great start to the race, moved up from 6th to 3rd and enjoying a great first lap battle with Hamilton, just kept him behind me as we accellerated away from turn 14, turned onto the start \ finsih straight and looked behind to see where he was and saw a stream of cars filing into the pits... at the end of lap 1!!!!

Kept going for another lap or two then checked the race director and everyone except for the leader, myself, and two midfiled runners had pitted on lap 1... WTF!!!

Abandoned the race.... crazy stuff :eek:

Also, now had two succesive races where I have come to a sudden stop without hitting anything resulting in bits flying off my car, the screen turning red and my race ending. Sepang between turns 7 and 8 and Shanghai along the long straight towards the end of the lap. Annoying to say the least!!

Played this for the first time since the November patch, wish I hadn't bothered :mad:

The game used to run at a rock solid 60fps, now Im getting random drops and stutter

After finishing a race the game hardlocks every time, forcing me to ctl-alt-delete to exit the game.

Any sollutions out there?

Platform: xbox 360

Not sure if this problem has been reported yet, but I'm not going to sift through 18 pages of replies to find out if it has. Anyway, this has only happened to me post-patch 2. I am currently in FP2 in Japan, and only did about 10 laps, using my first set of prime tyres. Wear level was 59% by the end of the session. When I started FP2, the equipped prime tyres' wear level was at 59%, exactly the same as the first set. So I basically lost a set of tyres to use for the race weekend, without having used them at all. This would not be a big deal for me, but I play at 100% race length on legend difficulty, so every set of tyres is important. Does anyone have a workaround for this?

Hi, this has been documented in this very thread I believe. Make a search on 'tyre bug'.

To avoid this happening again, remember to select another set of tyres at the end of P1 (Inters for example) before moving on to P2.

Not always easy to remember... I know the bug, but it's caught me on every practice so far since patch 1.2, except the latest one... so, there's hope at least! ;)

Hi all.. I'm on one of my "rare" visits to this site.
Not sure if any of these have been mentioned, but apologies if they have. I bought this game the other week and loaded it onto my pc and actually started using it last week.
Not impressed with a few things I can tell you.

Platform: PC
Bugs/Problems(?)
X-Box controller for pc
Engineers Quick Setup
Race Penalties
Pitting in
Punctures
Crowds are non-existent to say the least ("fixed" by others on this forum so I'll try that "mod" that is posted on here to get the crowds back)

1: X-Box controller
I know, I know. Why don't I get a steering wheel? Well I'm buggered if I'm paying all that money on a racing wheel system for one racing game that I only use once a week (well two games now as I also have F1 2010 as well)
My X-box (pc) controller settings don't appear to get saved, despite the face that I do save them. I have altered the KERS and DRS settings, I switched them over so the DRS is on the left, for me, and KERS is on the right and made some other adjustments and each time I have to set this up when I start the game as it doesn't seem to recognise the fact that my controller is in fact connected!

2: Engineer Quick Setup (not working?)
When I am in the pit lane garage I can't seem to get a quick setup from my engineer. I sometimes try these and then make adjustments to them or compare them to setup's I've already made.
All of the Engineer quick setups are the same.. ie everything thing is set to "default" ie.. 6/6, on wings/brakes/gears/balance etc. Is this now the norm. In F1 2010 you could get a quick set up for any type of race.. wet/dry/slow/fast and wings/brakes/balance etc were varied but now, as I've said, all I get is the settings set to the middle of the screen.

3: Race Penalties
Recently, last night actually, I spun off in heavy rain at Catalyuna on lap 2 of the race (the race was 100% wet start to finish), we were in sector two going into the turn leading uphill into the fast righthander (Campo?) and I was bumped in the rear by another car, and got shunted off to the left and spun and when I managed to get the car back onto the track, after all the cars had gone past I was given a penalty for dangerous driving! Yet it wasn't my fault and not a single car was near to me when I got back on the track, as I had to wait for all the cars to pass to get back on the track. I was in about 10th place at the time, and ended up last and taking a trip back to the pits for a new wing.. and then a drive through as well! Not impressed!
I've also come off at Monza at the Parabolica when I've gone in too fast and wide(!) and come off, no cars near me, then I've come back onto the track, as I've waited for them to pass, only to be given a penalty for dangerous driving!

4: Pitting in
In F1 2010 you could select re-entry into the pits by pressing a button, and you'de get a message from your engineer. Now I can't even see a button let alone select a pit entry to tell the engineer I'm coming in. It just seems to be a preset now, ie when selecting the laps for the race you pick the lap.

5: Punctures
As for the tyres.. well the colour coding to let you know your tyre wear is appalling, I may be a little colour blind but that naff colouring they use is no flippin' good at all. It looks akin to a brown(ish) colour, it should be bright red, or any vivid colour as a decent alert or use that orange colour they used on the F1 2010 version.
I've now had two punctures and I've had no warning from the pits about tyre wear at all. The tyres have blown, both times about 2-3 laps prior to a pit change in races. At least in F1 2010 you could clearly see the colour difference, and not this naff colour they use now. Tyre wear seems to be somewhat different in the version of GP racing is all I can say... or is it just a case of them being Pirrelli's and wearing out too fast!

This is becoming annoying to say the least. The only saving grace that I can see is that the game is not Steam related anymore!
Pit lane interviews are dire and the cut scenes.. well if I looked that bug eyed after a race I'd be hauled off and drug tested!

Have any of these things happened to anyone else, or am I freakishly unlucky?
How do you go about reporting this type of thing anyway? Do CM trawl these forums or do we complain directly to them. (I've only had this game a week or so so I've no idea.. maybe I should contact them direct!

Just thought I'd post on here to see what else is bugging people about this game.

Answers on a postcard please... :)

Another bug: Sometimes I do not get any penalty at all even if the game is configured for strict regulations. You can jump every corner and the game won't penalize you. Don't know how it happened, but I know more people experienced the same thing. And it keeps happening until you restart the PS3.

ragazzi vi chiedo una cosa ma sapete se è vero il bug sul cambio dicono che ti da velocità senza che la macchina arriva fuori giri e una migliore trazione tutto questo per essere piu' veloci chiedo a voi del forum si darmi delle informazioni grazie.

Well,i`ve finally lost patience with this damn Game.My main PC is in pieces at the moment,due to me upgrading.So,i figured i would install it on another older System i`ve got,to keep me going until i finish the new build.The old system`s no slow coach.It`s running a q6600 at 3.4 Ghz,4Gig of 8500 DDR2,and an ATI 6970 GFX Card.Although the Operating System is XP SP3,it should not be causing me any issues running the Game.So,why is it that after installing the Game (from DVD),and it updating through GFWL to the latest Patch,it refuses to work!.By that i mean that i put the DVD in hit play,i get the F1 2011 first screen,then the dreaded "F1_2011.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close".Despite countless attempts,the game flat refuses to launch.Although it has done,once,in a full day of trying.Ok i think,i`ll re install,delete every trace of the Game,put the DVD in,and hit install,i only get the option to repair!! WTF!. Any ideas anyone?,this has seriously screwed up my Modding and my Driving.I`ve been trying eveything i can think of,nearly all day.I`m seriously thinking about calling it quits,and going back to a Sim/Game that actually works.Codemasters should be shot!.Sorry about the rant,but it`s driving me nuts :mad::mad:

Edit, Two Hours on Guitar + several Jack Daniels = Fixed !. Sometimes the obvious is right under your nose.Back to Modding then :D

Edit 2, I`m still considering if i should shoot the Codies :cool:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea