F1 2011 F1 2011 - Bug Report Thread

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
The game was awesome until the gremlins came out. First the sound went out, had to restart, the had to repick my custom wheel setup, and then the G27 got whacked out so much the game is unplayable. I was loving it until the gremlins reared their ugly heads out.

Anybody having issues?

Okay so ive overcome the whole translucent car in garage bug, but im not sure how.
Anyway, now there seems to be another problem.
Im on Race Day in China, and as soon as the five red lights have gone out to start the race, the game crashes to desktop with the message: "F1-2011 executable has stopped working"So i looked at the error report and its called an APPCRASH.
I looked at various forums and possible fixes, (which included updating the Rapture drivers) and nothing has worked so far.
Any knowledge on the issue would be greatly appreciated as i cannot advance my career because it crashes at the start of the race.

Ive tested on GP and TT modes and they both work perfectly fine. So it seems to be something to do with career mode. However i would love to have a fix for this as i am sick of restarting careers over and over.
Please help guys, this is a serious issue.

Many thanks in advance if anyone has a solution.

I'm not sure if this was mentioned already but... I have to say...

In online mode, although the car settings are set to equal, they actually aren't...
I mean Ferrari is the slowest and Red Bull, Lotus, Toro Rosso are not as fast as the rest.
I think all cars up to 6th gear is just about the same but the 7th gear ... something wrong here.

This was happening even before the patch.
After patch? Same... (-.-;;

above is what i took with my friend. I'm Japanese so the language is in Japanese.
Don't worry about the subtitles... It just explains what settings I used for every car.
Starting from the DRS line in India. Braking at 100m point. Using Mix2, no DRS or KERS used.
Just found out the top speed for every car.

JUST THE TOP SPEED... meaning if you go round this track the time WILL have differences...
about 0.7 - 1.0 second a lap... this is major problem I think...

sorry for my bad English... from Japan.

sakhee5150

I have something to report that I thing is a bug. I'm racing a championship with some friends in Brazil and I observed one thing. I always use manual gears, and some friends use automatic. In a 50% race, for example, If I run the race with mix 2, and manual, I'll be out of fuel with 2-3 laps to go. With automatic gears, they can use mix 3 in 3-4 laps, get back to mix 2 and finish the race without problem. And I'm not forcing the gears too much. Every race, I'm faster than my friends but I have to slow down in the final 5-6 laps. For me, it is a bug. The game is benefiting who use automatic gears. The fuel consumption is too high for manual gears users. Sorry if I wrote something wrong with my english.

The fuel consumption is not "wrong", it depends on when you shift up & down (amongst some other aspects like Gearbox settings, use of Traction Control). If you shift down earlier (e.g. to use the engine brake effect), you will consume more fuel.
Even if you stay out longer for a stint it means your tyres are more worn you will use more fuel because you will have more wheelspin whilst accelerating.
Personally, for me it is track-dependent. On some tracks I use more fuel with manual gears than with auto, on others I use less with manual. But i didn't test this very intensive, because I stopped using auto gears quite a while ago.

Hi guys, I found out why the Ai are so fast in the wet, the AI have been using DRS during qualifying and practice session I have only seen this on Spa though. Here is a photo of one of them using it. I know it's not the best picture, but it's best one I could get. I have notice that drs is on throughout turn 2 on spa which is impossible, and also on china too.

Attachments

• 2011-11-22_00001.jpg
    2011-11-22_00001.jpg
    330.1 KB · Views: 239
I'm not sure if this was mentioned already but... I have to say...

In online mode, although the car settings are set to equal, they actually aren't...
I mean Ferrari is the slowest and Red Bull, Lotus, Toro Rosso are not as fast as the rest.
I think all cars up to 6th gear is just about the same but the 7th gear ... something wrong here.

This was happening even before the patch.
After patch? Same... (-.-;;

above is what i took with my friend. I'm Japanese so the language is in Japanese.
Don't worry about the subtitles... It just explains what settings I used for every car.
Starting from the DRS line in India. Braking at 100m point. Using Mix2, no DRS or KERS used.
Just found out the top speed for every car.

JUST THE TOP SPEED... meaning if you go round this track the time WILL have differences...
about 0.7 - 1.0 second a lap... this is major problem I think...

sorry for my bad English... from Japan.

sakhee5150

i can confirm that cars are different, we did some test at Spa, and not only top speed seems to be affected by this bug, there are other cars suffering more understeer than other, and maybe other physics values are different, thread opened at Codemasters forum:

http://community.codemasters.com/fo...-1403/477516-equal-cars-online-different.html

Hi guys, I found out why the Ai are so fast in the wet, the AI have been using DRS during qualifying and practice session I have only seen this on Spa though. Here is a photo of one of them using it. I know it's not the best picture, but it's best one I could get. I have notice that drs is on throughout turn 2 on spa which is impossible, and also on china too.

If you look at the car's tyres closely, you'll see it's got soft slicks on. So no bug, unless the track conditions make it so it shouldn't be able to run on those tyres.

If you look at the car's tyres closely, you'll see it's got soft slicks on. So no bug, unless the track conditions make it so it shouldn't be able to run on those tyres.

I understand that, but in f1 if it starts to rain the cars have there drs switched of which should be the case ill, see if I can find one on wet to prove my point

The fuel consumption is not "wrong", it depends on when you shift up & down (amongst some other aspects like Gearbox settings, use of Traction Control). If you shift down earlier (e.g. to use the engine brake effect), you will consume more fuel.
Even if you stay out longer for a stint it means your tyres are more worn you will use more fuel because you will have more wheelspin whilst accelerating.
Personally, for me it is track-dependent. On some tracks I use more fuel with manual gears than with auto, on others I use less with manual. But i didn't test this very intensive, because I stopped using auto gears quite a while ago.

Well, I thing it's too sensitive. I tested not forcing too much the gears, as if using AT (Melbourne), the result was just a little better. If I can't use engine brake, so the MT doesn't worth nothing.

try deleting hardware_settings_config on your C Drive>MyDocument>MyGames>FormulaOne2011>hardwaresetting
just the file "hardware_settings_config". After you delete it, try playing the game. The file you deleted will be made automatically when you start the game.

hope it works. cheers!
Thanks dude!!!!
It worked!!! You don't know how many races this has ruined for me!!! And now thanks to you because you helped me!!!
Whish you the best! :)
Cheers bro! xD

one weird bug post patch 1.2. I started a co-op season with a friend of mine, first races ok, quali ok, and the ai on legend was quite slow...but now, i don't know what happend, we both made fresh installs of the game (no mods), and the AI time is with 15-20 seconds faster than ours, for example in chine, on the first sector Webber had the time of 8 seconds, and in the race, the fastest lap was 1.09 made by an AI car and i was in front of him for the entire lap!!

oh yeah and the time gap bug came as a bonus...for egz

and for a second bug, with the camera while an online race. I was starting the race, presented the drivers on the grid and the camera was blocked on this view...

F1 2011 PC
carriera improvvisamente Non vado più a Silverstone.
Voglio andare dalla pratica di qualifica, ma quando seleziono il gioco che non risponde più ai comandi della macchina rimane sullo schermo il tempo va avanti, o quando si torna ai box dopo giro ho hanno fatto la stessa cosa accade il monitor è nero, i meccanici sono ancora lavorare ma non posso fare niente di più.
AIUTO!
F1_2011 2011-12-01 07-25-49-85.jpg
F1_2011 2011-12-01 07-25-49-85.jpg

Hi.

After the patch 1.02, the cars after a few races go black. If I restart the game, it´s fine, but it´s a little boring to have to restart the game every time after a few races in order to get the cars right.

Has anyone had this problem? If so, how did you solve it?

Thanks.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea