rF2 F1 1992 @ Sebring - Sunday September 11th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
@ Chas - Ah damn, I am a complete dum dum when it comes to crashing machines! Good luck with that and hope things get sorted out for you. Go easy on me fellas...this will be my first online race....ever! This won't be nerve racking at ALL!!! hahaha...jk

I take it you mean the default ones released with the game? If so then yes, as I highly doubt EA would allow someone permission to convert it for another game.
That's a shame, it's looking really good so far and throwing F1 92s around the Royal Mile track would be interesting, especially with a couple of flat-out corners that are also very tight. I accept that you can't make exceptions though.

Sign me out of this one, my throttle pedal is now broken and is affected by gravity (i.e it's permanently on unless I turn my pedals upside down). I have a Thrustmaster Ferrari GT Experience wheel, and any fixing suggestions would be great as I do not have the money for a G27 at the moment, maybe at the beginning of next month.
EDIT: don't worry, keep me in, I've put a bit of sponge in between the pedal and the base, and it's keeping the pedal upright while allowing me to depress the pedal fully.
EDIT2: Yes, do sign me out of this one, I am a late braker type driver and I can depress my brake pedal fully BUT rFactor only shows about 50%. I put the Y axis sensitivity up to max and now I have about 80%, so I will not be able to brake properly.
Looks like I won't be buying Thrustmaster products in future. I'll stay in the 207 race though, brakes aren't as important around that track.

The F1 cars are fun to drive once you get your head around the eye sight that is effected by the track surface which blures ones vision.
Well done to all who raced, this was my first experience with this Mod the racing is really fast.
Great bunch of guys this evening helping the slow guys to get quicker and motivating them.
WD RD once again.
Missed the Admin. ??

I accidentally deleted both replays :( Has anyone got copies they can send?

(From memory)
Race 1: Started 8-10th? got away but the guy in front of me didn't. Hit wall trying to miss him. Got away toward the back and tip-toed through the first 3 corner crashes. Up to 8th, making mistakes and dropping back. Lap 3 hit the wall at first chicane and lost nose. Pitted, came out last but 2. Raced on up to 9th then in the 18th minute (lap 10) I span, hit the wall, lost wheel. Out.

Race 2:
Started 6th! Got away badly, but again missed the crashes. Was around 8th? My inexperience driving in a crowd shone through and I bumped one of the footworks a couple of times (sorry) before spinning myself off. Got away last, a couple more mistakes and eventually caught up with the battle for 7th, 8th and 9th. 2 of them spun off in front of me and the last (steve I think) made a mistake too and I went past him on straight line speed. Left them behind. found myself 6th (not sure how) on the last laps then someone stopped on the last corner and I finished an inherited 5th!

Kinda disappointed with myself. I felt I had a decent pace in practise and quali, but couldn't seem to translate it into the race. I made a lot of silly mistakes all on my own, and did really bad things when battling in a group (sorry!!).
The softs just took too long to warm up, and the first few laps when you're doing your best to take and hold places it was just sooo slippery...

Anyways. Fun event as always. Thanks RD.

R1: went too deep into a turn and bumped Jason. Sorry. Got back on and did the same thing again.for some reason was tuning the 2.4 discs and they seemed to be overheating

R2: running a comfortable third with a 12 second gap on 4th but noticed my fuel was low so slowed right down. 4th got within 3 seconds so I had to sped up down the back straight but ran out of file before the last turn. Tried to shift it down to neutral to cruise but locked it up and hot the wall. Could see the finish line but had to sit there and watch 3 cars pass me. That should teach me to make fun of Mark who ran out of fuel in r1.
Congrats to Chas for the two wins, think RD should seriously consider giving admin rights to one of the regulars just in case an admin can't make it like tonight. Chas or Mark would do a good job.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back