rF2 F1 1992 @ Sebring - Sunday September 11th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Great night for me well my standards any way ist race got a big hit in the side only done 10 yards came away with my wheel bent slightyl lol but wait for it fininshed 6 th place second race had my best battle yet my place changed some many times i lacked top end speed but made it up on corners so it was a good spell started to think ahead of myself when on the last lap i span for the first time in the race and lost my front wheel ahhhhhh limped home with 3 wheels still got 8 th place great night thanks to jason who i met on here when asked gave me some heilp with my lines which helped thanks to all that raced clean .

First of all, great mod.
Second, awesome people. Thank you to Steve/Jason for helping me out. You guys are great.:cool:

R1:

I managed to qualify in 8th position. In the race I got through the mayhem and managed to get into the top 6. I managed to fight it out for a while, had 5th for a few brief moments. Then the heat of battle got the better of me... I spun out 5mins in and took off front half of my car..

R2:

I qualified in 10th. this time i faired a bit better... I made it 16mins in, was holding 5th again (my 2nd chance an top 6, lol). I out braked myself trying to get away from 6th and catch 4th..

Thank you to everyone for making this a fantastic first event for me. I didn't finish my first race mostly due to my inability to deal with a crowd too well. Oh well, better with time I hope but I really dig everyone in this mod. My rfactor crashed after I took the checkered flag on Race 2 and seem to have lost the replay of that race.

I hope this mod continues! Great people and racers!!

R1: went too deep into a turn and bumped Jason. Sorry. Got back on and did the same thing again.for some reason was tuning the 2.4 discs and they seemed to be overheating

R2: running a comfortable third with a 12 second gap on 4th but noticed my fuel was low so slowed right down. 4th got within 3 seconds so I had to sped up down the back straight but ran out of file before the last turn. Tried to shift it down to neutral to cruise but locked it up and hot the wall. Could see the finish line but had to sit there and watch 3 cars pass me. That should teach me to make fun of Mark who ran out of fuel in r1.
Congrats to Chas for the two wins, think RD should seriously consider giving admin rights to one of the regulars just in case an admin can't make it like tonight. Chas or Mark would do a good job.
No worries at all Steve. Racing accident. I had tons of fun with the second race....until my rfactor crashed at the end! LOL!!

I think I have the replays for the races if any of you want them or if you have a server where you want me to upload them.

Otherwise, I can probably put them on my amazon S3.

As usual, lots of fun.Great track too, the VLM guys outdid themselves with this track.

Race 1 I undeservedly finished in 2nd place thanks to several drivers wanting to explore the outer edges of the track and a game of cat and mouse with a faster driver that kissed the barrier on the last turn of the last lap. 3rd or fourth should have been the rightful finish, if that.

Race 2, I pulled a real stinker at T2, lost the car, tried to drive it off the track and toward the barrier but I caught the curb and it slingshot me back into the track as the group was passing. Once everything was said and done there was a rear wing resting on the tarmac and everyone left the area. I thought the wing probably belonged to me, but it must have been someone else. IO am really sorry about that. I am not a "crash at T1" kind of driver. I usually try to drive the first lap fast enough not to losetoo many positions but I almost never take chances. I really didn't this time, but I made a mistake.

Because of the really low wing I was driving with I was able to gain on a lot of drivers and I think I finished 4th or 5th. I am not sure because there was someone crashing at the very last lap. I could have actually done a bit better (or maybe not depending on who crashed at the end) if my car was in one piece but even though I still had my rear wing, it didn't handle right and it pulled left the whole race.

I am not good with names, but whomever won race 1, wow. He was hauling ass for sure. I have no idea how anyone can take these cars, nervous as they are to those lap times. I was in second and I was thankful the race was a short one because I was afraid I'd get lapped.

Anyway, lots of fun.

Race 1 I undeservedly finished in 2nd place thanks to several drivers wanting to explore the outer edges of the track and a game of cat and mouse with a faster driver that kissed the barrier on the last turn of the last lap. 3rd or fourth should have been the rightful finish, if that.
Due to my early demise I watched your battle with Ben for a number of laps which was fantastic. I thought you did well to hold him off as long as you did and when he passed you i thought he would pull away but you got him back again.
For those that missed it, Ben passed Corrado again right near the end t take second, but then wrecked his car on the final turn and was sitting on the middle of the track with no wheels. He asked Mark for a push as he only need about 10 yards to cross the line but unbeknown to Ben, Mark had run out of fuel with half a lap to go. Very entertaining.

I was able to gain on a lot of drivers and I think I finished 4th or 5th.

It was probably 4th.
I lost so much on the early laps that I could see on the driver tracker that someone had pitted and still come out ahead of me. I couldn't catch up with that mystery driver but I did catch a load of others instead and finished 5th. I never saw your Minardi since lap 1 (I started right behind you on the grid... on both races actually).

Just caught Adam's post before submitting this one. Agreed Ad but when someone isn't paying attention or walks away from the screen and were short one vote we sit and wait...Then it times out and you have to go through the whole process again. It does work but it can be a pain.

Hey guys great racing yesterday, loads of fun. Yeah it has been a great bunch of guys racing in this club. Everyone had great track manners. Big field with the new drivers (considering that a lot of the regulars didn't show) when the regulars come back we'll have close to a full field again!

I hope also that the series and mod continues as we've all stated it's great fun. If it doesn't I know my Buddy Scott Beck (Rothmans) wants to start a 92 event on Saturdays. Either way I'm in.

R1 I gave up on my own setup right before the race. I used Scott's setup again from Sepang. Car is so smooth and balanced. Have to give him credit for my last 2 Sundays. Once I switched I picked up 2 seconds. Had a decent qual and started behind Chas in pos 3. Chas (who has recently gone alien) dissappeared. I think I did some battle with a yellow car, was that Jason? Ben said he was going to catch Chas on the first lap from the back. He certainly caught me. Hope I didn't hold you up too much Ben. Someone else said something about inexperience in driving in traffic. Ben was coming up on me so fast. I think it's best to just be consistent and hold your line. Let the more experienced driver figure out how to get by you. It's when you decide to move over that you better be sure what you're doing. Thoroughly enjoyed the race, ended up running out of fuel 500 yds from finish line.

R2 Talk about bizzare. Had a nice qual run again P3 behind Chas. Off the line fell behind, somehow I think CoCo snuck by me. I was gaining on him and I'm not sure what turn it was (or if it was really CoCo or someone else) but they lost control right in front of me. Lesson I've been learning (the hard way) as of late is that when someone loses control in front of you... it appears that the 'percentages' or the 'probability' (for those of you that studied stats) is you're going to be lucky to squeeze by them. I was already committed to try and get by but my calculations failed me as I harpooned this car, taking my front left tire, nose and everything with it. I was able to crawl around back to the pits. Here's where the bizzare comes in... Guess in practice pit lane speed isn't enforced? Well it certainly is in race. Exit I got bagged for not being safe, STOP and GO. Back in, bagged again. Back in, bagged again. It was getting pretty funny I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong. I finally gave up and got the DQ.

Chaz definitely has stepped up his game a couple of knotches into the big boys club but none of them (including Ad) were here this week for some reason? Maybe they all were running the same series as you Ad?

Thanks to RD for this club. It keeps hangin in there. It's just a great MOD. I hope it gets ported to r2 ASAP.

On another note; I took a look at the tracks that were raced by F1 in 92. I'm pretty sure we've raced most of them recently. I think the only one we haven't is the France track for that year which I thought was Magny Cours? I know we've done Paul Ricard. Magny would be cool haven't run there since they (F1) took it out of the rotation. Regardless the tracks that have been picked so far all have been great.

Chaz definitely has stepped up his game a couple of knotches into the big boys club but none of them (including Ad) were here this week for some reason? Maybe they all were running the same series as you Ad?

On another note; I took a look at the tracks that were raced by F1 in 92. I'm pretty sure we've raced most of them recently. I think the only one we haven't is the France track for that year which I thought was Magny Cours? I know we've done Paul Ricard. Magny would be cool haven't run there since they (F1) took it out of the rotation. Regardless the tracks that have been picked so far all have been great.

Ferry and Andreas were.

As I said earlier in the thread, we can't use Magny-Cours (which was used in 1992) because it is an illegal conversion.

Guess in practice pit lane speed isn't enforced? Well it certainly is in race. Exit I got bagged for not being safe, STOP and GO. Back in, bagged again. Back in, bagged again. It was getting pretty funny I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong. I finally gave up and got the DQ.

There was a pit-lane speed limit. Just 50mph. It fined you credits if you broke it in practice and quali. There is also a "white line" which a lot of people ignored in practice. You're supposed to stay right of the traffic cones instead of moving left onto the racing line before turn 1.

Wow,what a night :) 3 weeks ago i took Scotts set up and adapted it into my set up,which was close anyway and i have a car which is fantastic to drive,well,on the last 2 circuits we've been at lol
Q1- Pole with a 1:31.275
R1- i got away well and went into turn 2 in P1,all i had to do was hope i was quick in race trim too. I knew Ben was in P2 by lap 2 and thought that was where the threat would come from? I saw on lap 3 that i had a huge gap to Ben so i just kept my head down and made it to the end to take the win.
Q2- Pole with a 1:30.737
R2- i got away well again and found myself in P1 again by turn 2. This time it was Jason who kept me honest for the first few laps,then,by lap 4, i found myself with a 5 second lead,and growing!
I kept my head downtrying not to think about how my night had went,quickest in practise,2 poles and what looked like 2 victories :cool:
until lap 10 when i came across Mr Barsby,turn 12 or 13,our speed difference was massive and it seemed to me he came off the throttle as i flew up behind him,the speed difference caught me by surprise and i lifted off and braked sharply,losing the rear and spinning off into the wall!
I trundled back to the pits,steering wheel pointing 45 degrees to the right and just hoped i could get repaired.
It took 7 seconds and i came out just in front of Mr O'Malley to take P2.
Disapointed not to take race 2 but,all in all? Still a night to be happy with :cool:
Congrats to Jason for race 2, and i'm glad to hear everyone talking about how they enjoyed the racing.
That was my first time running out in front,away from any action. Granted there where some quick guys missing tonight but,i'll take it either ways :cool:
I hope the guys that showed tonight could be regulars,nice to see Steve with us again :cool:

Maybe I should just give up driving and make setups. It seems a few of you guys like them.

Can someone send me the .xml results files for both races so I can post them on the Rothmans website.

Wow,what a night :) 3 weeks ago i took Scotts set up and adapted it into my set up,which was close anyway and i have a car which is fantastic to drive,well,on the last 2 circuits we've been at lol
Q1- Pole with a 1:31.275
R1- i got away well and went into turn 2 in P1,all i had to do was hope i was quick in race trim too. I knew Ben was in P2 by lap 2 and thought that was where the threat would come from? I saw on lap 3 that i had a huge gap to Ben so i just kept my head down and made it to the end to take the win.
Q2- Pole with a 1:30.737
R2- i got away well again and found myself in P1 again by turn 2. This time it was Jason who kept me honest for the first few laps,then,by lap 4, i found myself with a 5 second lead,and growing!
I kept my head downtrying not to think about how my night had went,quickest in practise,2 poles and what looked like 2 victories :cool:
until lap 10 when i came across Mr Barsby,turn 12 or 13,our speed difference was massive and it seemed to me he came off the throttle as i flew up behind him,the speed difference caught me by surprise and i lifted off and braked sharply,losing the rear and spinning off into the wall!
I trundled back to the pits,steering wheel pointing 45 degrees to the right and just hoped i could get repaired.
It took 7 seconds and i came out just in front of Mr O'Malley to take P2.
Disapointed not to take race 2 but,all in all? Still a night to be happy with :cool:
Congrats to Jason for race 2, and i'm glad to hear everyone talking about how they enjoyed the racing.
That was my first time running out in front,away from any action. Granted there where some quick guys missing tonight but,i'll take it either ways :cool:
I hope the guys that showed tonight could be regulars,nice to see Steve with us again :cool:
sorry chas i was trying to move over out of the way so i thought i would easer of to let you come by just before the corner to my horror i saw you spin out on to the grass , before this happen i was having my own battle with the car behind me so i made a quick action to get out of your way then i could carry on with my race so sorry chas.

Race 1 started dead last!!! Got up to p2 by lap to but due to turn 1 and 2 incidents off the start from drivers missing there braking points and hitting me slightly my car was a little bent... It didnt drive great, on lap 3 i pushed to close chas but i closed 1 tenth in sector 1 and lost 3 in sectors 2&3 due to a car that wants to turn 2 different directions at 1 time lool!
So i desided to have fun with some other drivers conti and mark!!!
Good job guys

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back