rF2 F1 1992 @ Hockenheim - Sun April 10th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Some dodgy driving on both starts which caught me out.
Blew my engine in race 1 and finished race 2 almost last after a crash and having to pit for a new wheel.
Also I think a few people may need to watch the cutting in practice and quali getme?

R1: Reasonable start, braked too late into chicane 1 and clipped a Minardi and took my front wing off. Limped back to the pits and had a great battle with Erik who had massive straight line speed but struggled in the turns. Accident - retired.
R2: Good start, steady race, good battle with Martin who managed to put his fastest lap in right at the end. Finished 6th or 7th.

We have had 4 or 5 weeks of great racing and while it was good to see some new guys there tonight, it wasnt good to hear people being called dumb, and swapping insults, and hearing accusations of cutting, and worse of all people actually cutting in both qualifying and the race.
If it continues like this its going to be just another internet server.
WD Adam and Ferry.

Congrats to Adam and Ferry :cool:
Q1- P12
R1- DNF(i used the wrong set up and i was 7 litres short on fuel)
Q2- P8
R2- P3
I wasn't without incident myself tonight. In Race 1 i ran the wrong set up so i was 'driving' the wrong set up!
I had a few close calls with 1 or 2 guys tonight,i'm sorry if i caused anyone any problems :confused:
I apologise to Mr Teiet,i made a comment after race 2 and i was wrong,as he didn't cut chicane as i thought i saw? He was re-joining the track recovering from a spin.
I DO agree with Steves post.
During practise i could see there was gonna be trouble tonight! Some Guys exiting the pits and driving like they're in a race already,when YOU'RE on a hot lap exiting turn 1 and they don't take any notice.
One guy slammed into the back/side of me entering the stadium section and then tells me ''i didn't expect you to brake there'' surely you can find some space, It's a long track!
I to saw guys miss out chicanes during the races,i was even passed by a car,IN THE AIR,as he cut inside me(off track),took off over the kerb,landed just in front of Oscar and me, clipped my front wheel and that put me onto run off area,as he took off! Keeping position.
After the past few weeks racing? Tonight was poor.
I hope i'm not speaking out of turn but,and i could be wrong here,but guys that use controllers to drive with are difficult to race beside/with.
Rant over :wink:

Very fun night.

Quali 1: Was about 4.5 tenths of Ferry so P2.

Race 1: Made a good start and thought I jumped Ferry but when we got to turn 1, him and Andreas were alongside me and I had to take to the grass on the inside to avoid the accident. I feel down to 6th but soon made my way back up pass people into the chicanes and found myself in third chasing Andreas. Andreas span at the first chicane leaving me in second and 7.5 seconds off Ferry. It took a while to find a rhythm again but I wasn't letting Ferry pull away too much. Once I got into the rhythm, I started pulling him back in and even set the fastest lap on the final lap but he still finished 10 seconds up the road so P2.

Quali 2: I tried beating Ferry's Q1 time but fell a couple of tenths short. Without Ferry it meant I was on pole.

Race 2: Was surprised to start in the P2 spot but was still first. Made a poor start and was overtaken by turn by Jarl. I got him back after turn 1 but he out-braked himself for chicane and I was lucky I saw him coming. I let him go past and then re-took the spot on the exit. I opened up a small gap but then went off entering the stadium and dropped to third. Oscar span a corner later so I was up to 2nd chasing Dan. Dan span at the 2nd chicane leaving me in the lead. I was in a good rhythm now and smashed my fastest lap of race 1 on the final lap to record a 43.1. Finished 1st.

Thanks to Lee, RD, and all those who raced.

Sorry for making damage to both the Benneton cars but it was after a team order after the touch one of you gave in turn 2. :wink:

Qual 1: Was terrible, started 19th..
Race 1: Was up to 5th before entering arena with my super speed setup. :D Lost it and was back long behind. Needed to pit for a tire btw. Came up behind Norman and catched him on the straights. Till I lost it in the 2nd chicane and clipped his nose. Sorry, we had a nice battle. And afterwards Steve catched me after his pit stop and we had a great battle. I was miles faster on the straights, but needed to brake much earlier, and didn't have the corner speed. It was great until we came in the 1st cgucabe where I came onto the grass and lost it straight into you. Sorry..

Having been a member at RD for a good few years now, I've lost count of the number of events I have participated in and TBH the vast majority have been very enjoyable regardless of results. It would be unfair of me to say last night wasn't enjoyable, but some of what I encountered was like being on a public server.

For instance...

If you are on a server and you think you might be away for longer than the session is running for please leave the server as it makes it very hard to vote if a couple of people are AFK.

When on an outlap don't race/defend/block the guys coming up behind you.......regardless of whether it's offical event time or not....it's just a courtesy

Don't cut the track/chicanes on an outlap either just to get ahead of the guy in front. There were a couple of guys hammering through the slip roads at the chichanes at top speed whenever they went out... a bit off putting when your braking into one of the chicanes and and you can hear and see this rocket aiming straight for you.

And whatever happened to the Golden rules?
In race 1 I think it was, a car launched over the top and through several cars like the General Lee, I was just waiting to hear the "yeeeehhhhhaaaaa" (ok showing my age there) then just carried on.

OK enough of the negatives, and hopefully the more of these I attend the more I'll get used to it.

Thanks to the Admins for setting it up, and WD to the Podium guys.

Courtesy – Nail on the head there Steve.
A couple of times I was slowing down whilst leaving the pit lane as there was a guy coming through on hotlap, and I was overtaken by other people leaving the pits which I found very strange.
Question for the admins, if we lose the common courtesy that is usually shown in this event, will you be laying down some stricter rules, for example no cutting on outlaps, no overtaking in pit lane etc.

I wasn't able to take part but from reading these posts it sounds like the rating system should be reintroduced, or at least some sort of penalty system.
Also a question. On my brief visit I noticed that auto shifting was 'green', does this mean that you can use auto OR manual or does it mean that auto shifting in forced on all drivers?

Incidentally even in off line practice I was 20 seconds off the times I saw posted so perhaps as well I wasn't able to take part!

Dave, didn't see that myself, but if it was then I think yes, manual or Auto gears would be allowed.

Don't worry about times/being quick etc...get on the server and practice with someone. Usually watching someone else's lines or seeing what gears they take a particular corner in will be a great help. Some of the guys were kind enough to give out their setups too.

Indeed Steven, very well said there.

I need to say that i was on the practice just before official with you and some others, like Bobby and James i think, and that helps to learn more from these beasts. And from general codes of honour in a race.
Thanks for the help there and i really look forward racing these cars here, racing against you all!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back