Exploding physics with stiff suspensions

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol that's fine by me
900kg, ~42% front, ~0.9 motion ratio....7,000 lb/in --> 11.5 Hz excluding tire stiffnesses. I was using generic damping ratios. If you want to do the frequency with tires and dampers included, knock yourself out...I'm not going to waste the time.
Well damping is majorly important in this case, as stated previously.

It's mostly related to dampers (or used to be...)
And such cars are normally highly overdamped.

Last edited:
If it is a legit problem, then the OP should report this to this mod's section and receive help from mod owner.
The game it's not supposed to support all values in all aspects.
As you said , KUNOS makes values to work for their sim and vanilla content.

If a make a Caterpillar 797F mod, I can't complain if the game won't support R63 tyres...

If a make a Caterpillar 797F mod, I can't complain if the game won't support R63 tyres...

BUT WHY?! :p
IOJ1zZMT.jpg

Has anybody else other than Associator been able to replicate this?
Slide all 16 damper settings on the F312 fully to the max and it happens. It's a problem with the rear axle oscillating that seems to be most directly impacted by the rear fast bump/rebound. When I tune anything to below 95% of the max it stops (and the max is 14000, realistic in a race setup is like... 2000)

I kinda suspect it's also affected by rear bumpstops or something cause I've tried similarly stiff setups for other cars and it doesn't happen.

Which kind of backfired at him, since as David posted, this can also happen to the "superior" rf engine...
I'm sorry to majorly rain on your minor parade, but rF1 is more than a decade old and that mod is most probably faulty anyway, yet the problem wasn't as severe as in the AC case.

Also, for reference, the excellent FR3.5 mod for AC is majorly less stiff than the one in rF2, because it would explode with real world values.

AC's physics instabilities still persist in general in the form exaggerated transmissibility, even when not exploding catastrophically, it also gets worse the farther you go from the world origin, that's also partly the reason why you won't see an Isle of Man in AC. And don't get me started on the aero breaking down on bankings, among many other issues.

It's also worth noting that rF2 uses totally new suspension code, as is almost all of its player physics code, which is majorly more robust than rF1 already was.

Last edited:
What a boring life must someone have when he tells the same stuff over and over and over again? About a game. Please, Associat0r, do us all a favour and look for a new hobby. Or enjoy the nice weather and perhaps have a beer? Or even two?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back