Resource icon

Other evoHUD 1.5.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
kenken updated evoHUD with a new update entry:

1.3.0 release

This is minor update release.

Special thanks to DaVeX↯ for suggesting and provide new icons.

Changelog:
  • added import script as module.
  • added dashboard widget.
  • added delta bar widget.
  • added pitboard widget.
  • added track map widget.
  • added glyph range option to addFont API function.
  • added window padding option to beginWindow API function.
  • fixed wrong offset for TI_EngineWaterTemp and TI_EngineOilTemp.
The result of virus scan:...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi @kenken I have some programming knowledge so I have been playing around with a few things. Have you considered uploading this to GIT?

Also I was trying to work out why everything rendered so smoothly except for the track map which seems to update every 0.2sec or more. It looks quite choppy.

I could not see in the nut file any reason for it but then I could easily have missed it.

Finally I am trying to see what variable I need to access tire pressures. I can see the wear and temperature (getTeleWheelInfo). Is there a resource that I can use to see what all the available variables are?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi @kenken I have some programming knowledge so I have been playing around with a few things. Have you considered uploading this to GIT?
At this point, I'm not thinking necessary to upload source code, since evoHUD exposes all of API and telemetry parameters what you need to make your own HUD.

Also I was trying to work out why everything rendered so smoothly except for the track map which seems to update every 0.2sec or more. It looks quite choppy.

I could not see in the nut file any reason for it but then I could easily have missed it.
It's because vehicles position other than player's are updated only in every 0.5 second. I already improved it but it missed 1.3.0 release. See http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/evohud.137118/page-6#post-2555673

Finally I am trying to see what variable I need to access tire pressures. I can see the wear and temperature (getTeleWheelInfo). Is there a resource that I can use to see what all the available variables are?
Uncompress evoHUD-API-manual.7z in the archive and look html in browser. It's in there what you are looking for(TI_WLPressure).

README says "If there is unneeded widget, just comment out widget function.". If you don't know how to comment out, why don't you ask in support thread before jump to conclusions?
Firstly, because English is not my native language and I find it difficult to communicate.
And secondly, because I prefer to use the DynHud that is sensitive to configure. Which is a shame, because the EvoHud I like more.
My comment was not by way of criticism, I only comment that I liked it but I do not use it because it does not make me easy to configure. And I'm not talking about big configurations, but about basic ones.

README says "If there is unneeded widget, just comment out widget function.". If you don't know how to comment out, why don't you ask in support thread before jump to conclusions?
Firstly, because English is not my native language and I find it difficult to communicate.
And secondly, because I prefer to use the DynHud that is sensitive to configure. Which is a shame, because the EvoHud I like more.
My comment was not by way of criticism, I only comment that I liked it but I do not use it because it does not make me easy to configure. And I'm not talking about big configurations, but about basic ones.
From your review, I only understood you couldn't disable unneeded widget and you don't know how to do it. So I suggest to ask in this thread. I know sometimes language barriers are way too high. But, at least, you should describe everything what you want to tell. It might be hard to do for you, but at least there is no miscommunication.

From your review, I only understood you couldn't disable unneeded widget and you don't know how to do it. So I suggest to ask in this thread. I know sometimes language barriers are way too high. But, at least, you should describe everything what you want to tell. It might be hard to do for you, but at least there is no miscommunication.
I did not ask for support because I am not looking for a solution to my problem.
I did a review of the tool I downloaded.
I read the support thread and I still do not understand how to edit it.
Thank you anyway.

I did not ask for support because I am not looking for a solution to my problem.
I did a review of the tool I downloaded.
I read the support thread and I still do not understand how to edit it.
Thank you anyway.
I dont know either yet but the way I did it was to just move it off the screen by making the x and you values very high so its not visible anymore.
I'll send you a pm and let's get your HUD looking how you want it :)

Very good update (or snapshot)!
20170824015645_1.jpg

Just a quick report (I didn't forget about you and your awesome hud) because right now I have less time for simracing, but I think you should invert throttle and brake clutch on dashboard, right for throttle and left for clutch :p
Just a curiosity, why pit board and delta bar appear only after second lap?
Great work as usual and thanks for trackmap, it works without problems on my pc...

but I think you should invert throttle and brake clutch on dashboard, right for throttle and left for clutch :p
I'm curious how much important to those should be exact same as pedal layout(it's my guess)? Could you explain logical reason? Because I can't see any of it, the only reason I can think of is artistic or design preference.

Just a curiosity, why pit board and delta bar appear only after second lap?
In race, pitboard should be. In other case, it's meaningless. I'll fix it.
Delta bar shows the difference between current lap and personal best lap. Where can you get your best lap in first lap?

I'm curious how much important to those should be exact same as pedal layout(it's my guess)? Could you explain logical reason? Because I can't see any of it, the only reason I can think of is artistic or design preference.

In race, pitboard should be. In other case, it's meaningless. I'll fix it.
Delta bar shows the difference between current lap and personal best lap. Where can you get your best lap in first lap?

Ahem, no...no design preference, just logic, you feel comfortable to push throttle with right and see left column rise? It is confusing while driving...
About delta, I am an idiot, you are right...about pitboard I didn't know if it was a bug or done with a purpose so I asked...
As always thanks for your work!
(I am spreading the word about your HUD, hope some users will chime here to give their feedback, the ones I know are very happy of your HUD ;) )

Both beta and main AMS installs crash to desktop when I tried to run the HUD. I followed the installation instructions carefully. I tried all combinations of settings that came to my mind, yet it always crash. At race week it crash just after I click the "drive" button, while on test day the crash comes immediately after the monitor screen appear.

Both beta and main AMS installs crash to desktop when I tried to run the HUD. I followed the installation instructions carefully. I tried all combinations of settings that came to my mind, yet it always crash. At race week it crash just after I click the "drive" button, while on test day the crash comes immediately after the monitor screen appear.
First, which version did you install? If you are new to use this mod, I strongly recommend not using snapshot.

Check integrity AMS and reinstall MOD.

You don't need to report on AMS beta because I never be going to support it for obvious reason.

Please report step by step procedures what you did since it's meaningless 'carefully' or 'followed instructions' for debuging. And also download debugview and run it prior start AMS, then report output message and detail message of dialog on crash.

Check evoHUD.ini in the game root folder. It should read as follows (if you are using SweetFX in Automobilista) -
[General]
OriginalD3D9DLL = d3d9_2.dll

See details in Post #102

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 24 24.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 22.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 20.4%
  • Trophies