Ever increasing

I love to support modders, but I'm noticing a trend I do not really care for.
Some guys are turning strictly to money for modding...which in itself is okay.
The issue is with the fact that they seem to be charging full price for every single item and in some cases, as much as a full Kunos pack for an individual car or track.
Is that of concern to you folks?

Last edited:
I'm old and just hoping I make it through to it:whistling:

Don't hold your breath grandpa. :laugh:

Its almost a running joke now "When's the Transit coming?".

It'll be a sad day when we can no longer ask that question :roflmao:

True. I just want it to add to the traffic on some of the mod tracks, being stuck behind a white van on a twisty road and being unable to pass him will really add to the immersion. :D

Last edited:
I can't build a car in real life and then slam some Ferrari logos on it and sell it as a Ferrari.
Kit car guys have been doing just that for 40+ years.
Yeh just try waiting for one Ford Transit:p
I thought it was already released:
657vKmw.jpg

BYh1Alg.jpg

I understand that option very well and trust me, if I deem it over-priced (relative to the overall cost of the game), I won't.even consider it.
My question is... Are folks at all, in any way alarmed by the trend?
The problem I see in the not too distant future, is that once it starts everybody will jump on the bandwagon and it could get out of hand very, very quickly.
Yes I am alarmed by the trend now.
I am starting to think you were right Terry. Modding on a PC has always been done by passionate PC gamers and PC hobbyists. This latest AC DRM Revival mod is a good example. Years ago it would be done for the fun and the kudos of it and now it's done for money. The end is nigh for the good quality free mod in my opinion. It's all about the money now.:( Just my opinion folks. The end of an era.
ps, sorry for raking up an old thread but I remembered it and it is still valid.

We are at the beginnings of a trend, we're not yet seeing the full effects of it.
I don't doubt that there will always be people releasing mods for free, it's the ratio of free to paid mods that are changing.
We'll see over the coming years how things pan out, but on a personal level, I'm not optimistic.

The only reason I see a potential for a decline of mods for AC (free or otherwise) is if ACC proves to be a viable platform for modding despite the lack of official support.

Personally, this is the only reason that might dissuade me from producing free mods for AC in the future (and even then, free mods would not be going away, just moving to a newer platform). And if it turns out its not possible to mod ACC properly, then I have no reason to move away from what we already have for AC - plenty in the pipeline from me, thats for sure :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back