Ever increasing

I love to support modders, but I'm noticing a trend I do not really care for.
Some guys are turning strictly to money for modding...which in itself is okay.
The issue is with the fact that they seem to be charging full price for every single item and in some cases, as much as a full Kunos pack for an individual car or track.
Is that of concern to you folks?

Last edited:
IMO what's worse than pay mods is making an epic mod, showing pics/gifs/vids of it all over the internetz, but never releasing it. :cautious:

Not that anyone would ever do such a disgraceful thing. Especially not someone named Gary. :rolleyes:

:roflmao:

Years ago it would be done for the fun and the kudos of it and now it's done for money. The end is nigh for the good quality free mod in my opinion. It's all about the money now.:( Just my opinion folks. The end of an era.
hmm, if that is the case I must set up a sellfy for the two cars I'm currently making.
Thanks for helping me find this conclusion, I'll be forever grateful.

AC development from Kunos is done, so we depend on modders to get new stuff to play with, not that we need it since between existing mods and all the original content, we can play with what we have for a long time.
But if we like to have new content, which is fun, we have 3 possible scenarios.
First Scenario Modders keep working and producing mods for free or a donation. Great.
Second Scenario Modders work and produce mods for a fee, not as great but not so bad.
Third Scenario,, Modders stop producing Mods. Not good at all.
I prefer one but solution 2 is better than 3.
I am not a modder, so I am not sure why modder produce mods to start with. One thing I know is that more modders will be entice to work and produce mod if they think they can get money on top of their other previous motivations.
Is it worth money for us and how much? time will tell.

I'm of the opinion that, at the end of the day, what we say is kinda worthless (except for gary and others that are actually modders) because if someone wants to charge for their mod, they are going to and we can't do anything to stop them. However, if paid mods to become the norm, then the good free mods are going to be extraordinarily popular; even more so than now. So the question for modders then becomes, do you want SOME money, or do you want a lot of people to see what you've done? I personally have never bought a payware mod, just because quite frankly, I don't have the income to do that AND support my other hobbies, such as motocross (You think sim racing is expensive.......). So payware mods are really only going to be bought by hardcore players, which means you are limiting the number of people that may be willing to buy it even more.

Just my two cents.

or do you want a lot of people to see what you've done?
That's what mods used to be like. A hobby that someone took great pride in. They loved the admiration of the guys that used them. It is just my opinion that I am expressing obviously. I don't like "pay mods". Got bitten once or twice. Won't be again. Just my two cents. :thumbsup: Obviously good free mods will always be on my list. There have been some crackers over the years.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 84 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 60 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 67 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 40 6.1%
  • < 5 years