ETS2: Vive La France Update Details Revealed - Releases 5/12

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ETS 2 France Update 1.jpg

SCS Software have revealed the official launch trailer for their upcoming Vive La France DLC due to release soon for European Truck Simulator 2. Vive La France is due to substantially update the current France region of ETS2, adding several key new cities from around the region alongside 20,000km of new roads and highways.

Due to retail at a similar price point to the Scandinavian DLC released back in May 2015, the Vive La France pack should come in below £15.00 on Steam, however a final price has not yet been revealed by the studio.

"Vive La France !" map expansion for Euro Truck Simulator 2 is going to be released December 5, 2016. To be more specific, we are aiming at 4 pm Prague time (GMT+1) on Monday, that's when the activation keys should be enabled and the DLC will be ready for download and purchase.

We are going to price it the same as Scandinavia map add-on on the channels that are under our control (like Steam - here is the "Vive la France !" coming soon page). There may be small price and timing differences on local markets, in retail, or at places like Amazon, where we do not have the power to enforce strict pricing policy.

Everything is happening very quickly, we were still not sure about the final date a week ago, as we have been thoroughly testing and polishing the DLC pretty much until today. Now we want to give you a chance to play the expanded game as soon as possible. A week of preparations is sufficient to arrange the release on digital channels, but our retail publishing partners will be struggling with manufacturing deadlines, so some sales channels may take longer to stock the add-on."

Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Vive la France ! trailer

Vive La France DLC Features
  • Extensive map of France to explore
  • 20,000 km of new roads and highways
  • Famous landmarks, recognizable places
  • 15 new cities
  • Rural French villages and sceneries
  • Enhanced vegetation, new forest ecosystems
  • New local companies to work for
  • French tollgate system
  • New industries including nuclear plants
  • New cargoes to haul

Vive La France 2.jpg

European Truck Simulator 2 is available for Windows PC via the Steam Network right now. Vive La France will release 5th December 2016.

Check out the European Truck Sim 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion regarding the sim. Join in the conversation with your fellow truckers today!

Vive La France 3.jpg Vive La France 4.jpg Vive La France 5.jpg Vive La France 6.jpg Vive La France 7.jpg

Have you tried the ETS2 update and Vive La France DLC? How are you finding the sim? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
So when are Fanatec doing a truck wheel for their wheel base!?

I've got the Universal Adapter and use a big ass old wooden wheel for ETS2/ATS. Ok its not strictly authentic, but its huge size makes me feel like I'm truckin' along :) Just need one of those turning knob things and I'm full on ready to roll. In fact I feel a Blue Peter moment coming on where I convert an old washing powder holder into something using gaffer tape. Now if they could get VR implemented I'd have the feel, without having to look at the ghastly contraption I've made on the rim. Awesome.

So far it is looking good and I like it. You will even have some crazy french drivers passing you while driving at 130 on the highway with a limited speed of 130. That's reminds me home;). But, I forgot how often we have tolls in France and I would say when you have an accelerated map they jump at you, almost to often. You have to remember though, that you do not pay every time you are going through them. You have an entry and an exit toll, and that is the one you pay. There is few Toll companies in France, but they are covering different areas that are not contiguous. And without agreement, because they all want their own money. Sharing must not be good for some reasons.
Otherwise the DLC is good, with some good details and points of interest. I haven't found any bug so far.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back