Enduracing racing questions/observations

Koen Verlinde

500RPM
Sep 12, 2011
I first did a 3h of Monza with 100% variability in weather which meant it started optimum/sunny, and went green/heavy rain before it dried up and the track started to rubber in again.

Nice, very nice, but I'm left confused by the pit stops.

First I had to manually add the fuel while driving down the pitlane which is basically pressing the right arrow 120-130x, but then I had to do this all the time.

So I went 6h of Paul Ricard afterwards. Made sure I saved a setup for the car with all pitstops in place, with fuel and off I went. Although the saving/loading feature works very well it apparently doesn't care about the pit stop setup, and from that I wonder if the setup itself is taken into account?

Also I had a lot of lagging issues while steam insisted I had 50-60FPS when the sun was going low and it was gone when the sun finally set. Is that a shadow issue or something else I should/could tone down a bit for more performance.

The racing and AI itself have been wonderful though, just trying to find out some details to make it smoother.

Giovaneveterano

1000RPM
Feb 17, 2013
I'm still waiting a more stable release before running into endurance races. The few longer than 1h I did were pretty fun, and I had the same issues you reported.
Shadows are a mess arm, I really miss the "shadow resolution" from AC.

Eckhart von Glan

6000RPM
Premium
Dec 29, 2006
also after the last update there are still problems with AI strength after saving the game in ACC. At first, I thought the problem was solved, but it's still there: upon starting a saved game, AI is about 4secs faster the first two laps at NürbGPand then goes back to normal - orcs in a state of battle frenzy.

Reactions: Koen Verlinde

Koen Verlinde

500RPM
Sep 12, 2011
also after the last update there are still problems with AI strength after saving the game in ACC. At first, I thought the problem was solved, but it's still there: upon starting a saved game, AI is about 4secs faster the first two laps at NürbGPand then goes back to normal - orcs in a state of battle frenzy.
I encountered this for 3-4 laps at most, after that they all of a sudden seemed to realize they were on tired tyres and settled down again.

This happened at Monza in dry and wet and at Paul Ricard (well in the dry, cause why would you have rain in the South of France end of June).

Koen Verlinde

500RPM
Sep 12, 2011
Fixed the pitstop thanks to some help on the Kunos forum. Keybinding the HUD in toggle mode. At least I can work around the problem now. As a gift, a picture.

What are the chances you'll be able to cross the finish line with your AI teammate after 6 hours of racing? He in Pro-Am in P17, me in Pro in P5. Love the dirt build up on the cars as well, they look genuinely beaten.

Reactions: DrRob

Koen Verlinde

500RPM
Sep 12, 2011
Looks like it's a lot darker at your Paul Ricard. I just finished the 6H of Paul Ricard, still pretty sunny..
It was full dark with 1h20ish to go. The sun set at around 9pm behind the mountains, but it takes more than an hour to go fully dark at Paul Ricard as the mountains make the sun set earlier than it really does mid June.

Eckhart von Glan

6000RPM
Premium
Dec 29, 2006
I love setting my own starting time, e.g. 07.00 in the morning and then see the sun come up in a three hour race.