Emerald Bay -Tahoe USA Open Roam

Tracks Emerald Bay -Tahoe USA Open Roam Beta Version 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
y0chang submitted a new resource:

Emerald Bay - Lake Tahoe Open Roam\circuit

I am working on a open roads track set in Lake Tahoe for Assetto Corsa using Race Track Builder. The area that is modeled is based off real roads around Emerald Bay in Lake Tahoe, California. I am using google earth and maps to accurately scout the area. This is a test run of the 12 KM circuit that encircles Emerald Bay. I really enjoy open roads tracks like LA Canyons and High Force and that is what brought me back into 3d modeling.

Things that still need to be worked on:
No AI - This...

Read more about this resource...

I just wanted to say your track looks very good so far. I will wait a little bit till you get farther along with scenery and AI, etc.
Keep up the great work. Enjoy these type of tracks.

y0chang updated Emerald Bay with a new update entry:

v.02 Alpha Released

Added multi-layer terrain textures
Improved frame rate by 10-20 percent in some places.
Added collision objects for guardrails and walls
Smoothed several bumps in the track
Added more ground level vegetation
Complete built-from-scratch American-style guardrails
Better pit location on a side road rather than trying to cram into tiny parking lot.

WIP shots from Alpha v.02

View attachment 405907

View attachment 405909

View attachment 405910[ATTACH...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Pretty excited, I got grassfx working and it makes a world of difference. Now rethinking\redoing some of my trackside objects shaders to blend in
better

Screenshot_ddm_subaru_22b_tahoe_17-8-120-0-0-50.jpg
Screenshot_ddm_subaru_22b_tahoe_17-8-120-0-1-49.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice so far for version 0.03. Drove around the complete track and is very scenic with using VR. I do need a smaller size car next time I drive it for some of your tight corners you have periodically. Really like the huge bridge scene. You need a temp sign to say where the pit stall is, I drove by it the first time not knowing where it was. hehe. Keep up the great work. take care.

Very nice so far for version 0.03. Drove around the complete track and is very scenic with using VR. I do need a smaller size car next time I drive it for some of your tight corners you have periodically. Really like the huge bridge scene. You need a temp sign to say where the pit stall is, I drove by it the first time not knowing where it was. hehe. Keep up the great work. take care.

I am working on the hairpins because some of the tight hairpins hard to record the AI line.

I want to do some cameras and AI racing lines so I am learning how to do AI lines. I realized that I had to work on correctly defining the road shoulders and hairpins.

I am also creating a pit entry and exit so that you can have longer races if wanted. Your idea of a pit arrow is a great one and I'll add that in as a placeholder. Happy that you can run it in VR, one of my goals was to have smooth framerates for VR.

Last edited:
I am working on the hairpins because some of the tight hairpins hard to record the AI line.

I want to do some cameras and AI racing lines so I am learning how to do AI lines. I realized that I had to work on correctly defining the road shoulders and hairpins.

I am also creating a pit entry and exit so that you can have longer races if wanted. Your idea of a pit arrow is a great one and I'll add that in as a placeholder. Happy that you can run it in VR, one of my goals was to have smooth framerates for VR.

Yes, I agree with you on the AI lines with the hairpin turns. Also the doing the side lines if we want to do AI racing would be tough also to
not have allot of incidents in those corners.
All you say sounds great. Keep up the great work on this track.

y0chang updated Emerald Bay -Tahoe USA Open Roam with a new update entry:

v.04 Alpha - AI and Track Cameras

Working AI and Track Cameras -
This was a lot harder (now up to 1500km driven on this track testing) than I anticipated but at least it works now. Still need to tweak AI boundaries (If you turn up the aggression its like Mugello all over again)

New double sided pit lane.

Improved curbs, runoff areas, and road shoulders. I had to do this to have working AI. A side benefit is that the road looks more realistic.

Pit sign

Getting really close to a Beta Candidate.

What I am working on:
Screenshot_ddm_subaru_22b_tahoe_25-8-120-19-55-24.jpg

Improved Road Shaders based off this thread

Upgraded Terrain Mapping Textures from 1k to 4k:

Old 1k Textures:
old ground-2.jpg

New 4k Textures
new ground-2.jpg

This involved completely redoing the terrain texture multi map. I have also found out I can tie the multi-map into the grass-fx. If you notice in the first screenshot, there is now variations of grass heights based off the base texture, as well as the first attempts at adding extra grass-fx textures (the small yellow flowers)

Last edited:
I am slowly learning the magic of CSP and Sol using this and assettocorsamods forum.

To learning shaders, I am working on a new wet-tarmac shader.
Its kind of insane the work that Ilja is doing. Trying for a shader that is more like a soaked dusty road rather than the slick mirrors of a track.

Screenshot_ferrari_458_gt2_tahoe_29-8-120-9-19-49.jpg

Learning about shaders and getting ready for the 0.1.65 rain-fx release. I still need work on texture optimizations and adding variety to the texture.

Screenshot_lotus_elise_sc_tahoe_29-8-120-9-12-59.jpg

but its a bunch of fun racing the AI in the rain in a thunderstorm.

Now back to the a lot less fun task of straightening and grounding errant guardrails that I had to move because the AI likes to use every inch of the track.

Last edited:
y0chang updated Emerald Bay -Tahoe USA Open Roam with a new update entry:

v.05 Alpha Released

Major Graphics Overhaul.

Optimized frame rates by lowering textures loaded into RAM (used to be 35-40 fps now 55-60 fps on my 3gb graphics card). Due to this I could do a lot of things to improve the variety and quality of grass and tree textures.
View attachment 409489
4k Terrain textures
New water shaders
View attachment 409490
New road shaders
View attachment 409488
Improved Grass-fx that is tied to the multi-mapped ground texture.
AI now has...

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.5%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%