Emerald Bay -Tahoe USA Open Roam

Tracks Emerald Bay -Tahoe USA Open Roam Beta Version 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
It is looking really good mate, great progress you have made recently.
As a fellow RTBer, it's great to watch you make these strides, and it helps give me ideas too.
I might even have a few questions for you down the line. :D

Keep it up. What's planned next?

Only thing this map needs is traffic ai, otherwise it's amazing! Also can you please change the country name in the ui file to USA so that it doesn't appear separate from all the other American tracks? I know it's kind of a nitpick but it sometimes doesn't appear for me.

It is looking really good mate, great progress you have made recently.
As a fellow RTBer, it's great to watch you make these strides, and it helps give me ideas too.
I might even have a few questions for you down the line. :D

Keep it up. What's planned next?

Improvements on rock textures, signs and roadside details, also I would like to create better road blending and transitions. I am also actually creating a wet skin for the new rain shader work for CSP. Finally reverse and point to point open roam layouts that doesn't have the pits and road blockoffs. If the point to point works then I might create a traffic AI.

A preview of the things I am working on:

Adding the 15km of surrounding area roads to put the open roam into the project. I don't think I am going to do traffic AI. Its a lot of work to do 2 way AI, it basically involves redoing the entire road mesh since I didn't break up the primary road mesh. Also need to figure out how to make alternate layouts, which RTB is not really able to do without basically creating a separate project of work, then figuring how to blend them.

Still its really cool to see distant mountains and then drive up to them even in this early stage.
Screenshot_ks_mclaren_p1_tahoe_9-9-120-17-17-51@0.5x.jpg

South End
tahoe-road1@0.5x.jpg

North End
tahoe-road2@0.5x.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_ks_mclaren_p1_tahoe_9-9-120-17-17-51@0.5x.jpg
    Screenshot_ks_mclaren_p1_tahoe_9-9-120-17-17-51@0.5x.jpg
    583.3 KB · Views: 57
13213469196869959680_20201014205828_1.png

Nice, but sometimes the roads go white when reflecting the sun, the hillside sometimes looks weird next to the road. Also would love to see boats in the bay, I went a year ago and it was really busy when I was there.

View attachment 412746
Nice, but sometimes the roads go white when reflecting the sun, the hillside sometimes looks weird next to the road. Also would love to see boats in the bay, I went a year ago and it was really busy when I was there.
Thank you for the feedback, I am working on a improved road shader...seems the more I learn about the shaders the more i don't know. Its really hard making a road shader that is both reflective like asphalt yet realistic in all conditions.

y0chang updated Emerald Bay -Tahoe USA Open Roam with a new update entry:

Video Uploaded of next release

Coming Soon Version 0.2 Beta

Improved Track Cameras
Seems like the update messed up the cameras, so I had to redo AI & Track Cameras. Tried for more realistic trackside cameras, less fly in the sky drone cameras.

Better Normal Maps

I learned how to to do normal maps working on my Slea Head Track, so a lot of textures have been improved. Metal is shinier, and rock and stone is rougher.

Improved water shader
Learning how to do better normal mapping really helped
[ATTACH...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Version 0.2 Beta Candidate Release

Version 0.2 Beta Candidate

Improved Track Cameras
Seems like the update messed up the cameras, so I had to redo AI & Track Cameras. Tried for more realistic trackside cameras, less fly in the sky drone cameras.

Better Normal Maps

I learned how to to do normal maps working on my Slea Head Track, so a lot of textures have been improved. Metal is shinier, and rock and stone is rougher.

Improved water shader
Learning how to do better normal mapping really helped
[ATTACH type="full"...

Beta Version 1.0

After a lot of work, I have updated the track to Beta. This will be the final update for a while but I did a lot of improvements.

Added tree shadows, this makes driving on a sunny day much more immersive.

View attachment 470535

Improved several material shaders to blend in better.

Corner Arrow Signs, so you can see all those hairpins better

View attachment 470537

Improved a few corner run offs so that the AI doesnt fall off the track as much.

Straightened a...

Beta 1.0 Release

Thanks everyone for their feedback, I have tried to improve or fix all the things that I have read, without the feedback I would have never improved.

Kinda of crazy this was my first screenshot of the track in August 2020.
Screenshot_ks_mercedes_190_evo2_tahoe_22-7-120-16-53-44.jpg

And after learning a lot, making a lot of mistakes, and learning how to model and texture, and learning how Custom Shader Patch works....and several hundred hours of work...

This is where I am now in May 2021

Screenshot_ddm_subaru_22b_tahoe_25-3-121-20-49-21.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back