Editing tires to pick up debris, flat spotting

Hey, I have recently converted a mod for personal use and wanted to make the tires picking up grass/dirt when going offtrack, and flatspotting when braking too hard for example.
Do I only have to edit some files or do I have to create a new tire with already dirt/grass texture on it or something like this?

thanks in advance

Hey,

bringing my thread back to life, since i now have 3DsMax 2010. Firstly i started looking where are located the dirt/grass/sand/flatspot textures and found them inside the cmaps.mas in the vehicles folder. Then as i want to know how it works, i extracted the Gmt and DDS files (from Formula V10) and opened them all on 3DsMax, so i can see the entire car. When i focus my view on a tire (material window) i can see the different maps but absolutely no one related to dirt/grass/sand/flatspot. So i am asking you if you could help me to find this ?

I also explored all the .VEH, .GEN files (and all the others) to see if there was any link between a tire, and its texture but i can't find how it works, i mean how the tire is supposed to know when its texture has to change ? when you drive on the grass, the tire will have grass texture added, i don't see how it can be done only on 3Ds Max, i mean, don't we have to add some code to a file to make the relation between a tire and its texture ?

If you guys could bring some light on this i would be very thankful !

Hello, do you mean that you can show me how it is done, or I can show YOU how it is done ?
anyway i couldn't find how to do it since last year so i gave up.. i couldnt get answers from my questions above and looks like i am too dumb to find it alone.. so, sorry but can't help you if it is what you are asking.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.