Earnhardt Jr. to Retire at Season End

I hope the majority of sim racers out there realize what this man did for our hobby in connection with racing in general.

I'm glad you bring this up, I remember him being a massive advocate of NR2003 back in the day.
I had no idea he was still with it in the irace community, thanks for that.

Junethug even hosted his own NR league back in the day. I know that Denny Hamlin and TJ Majors were in that league, a packrat friend of mine even has some of their car files. There's even a picture floating around of Dale Jr's real Cup car with crash damage and the initials of his league spray painted on the repaired panel of the front fender.

At some point he had to stop sim racing. Apparently he really really liked to smoke cigarettes when he was at the computer and leaving sim racing helped him quit.

He has been the real deal. He just waved to me at the track in Richmond during qualifying. He's the last of the old school connections. All gone now. NASCAR will probably file bankruptcy or make a radical alteration. Was hardly anybody at the track and you could tell they tore a bunch of seats out of the stands from when it actually went around the whole track.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back