Cars DRM Revival [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The engine sound for all the mid and rear-engined cars is coming from my front speakers (5.1 surround setup).

All my other mid/rear-engined (Kunos 935/78, Audi R8 LMS, Porsche 911's etc) cars have the engine sound coming from the rear speakers, so it's not a problem with my surround system.

Since we are in complain mode atm I'd like to point out that the scale is off in VR. It's especially obvious with the steering wheels and shifter handles, they are tiny, looks like driving a toy car.
Also, the cables in the M1 are (still) messed up.
__custom_showroom_1549004043.jpg

So you found the one video on Youtube with Gr.5 cars running in abysmally cold and wet condition from start to finish ;-) Everyone is running on low boost and lean mix trying not to trow their expensive historic cars into a wall ;-)

I'd say this is more representative of what we are doing with these cars in Assetto Corsa - I never drive these cars slow, why would you ;-)

Agreed, it looks great when they do spit flames. I wasn't questioning whether or not there should be flames, but rather the quality (or lack of) of the ones we see in AC.

The wildly spinning Catherine wheels looks very unconvincing to me and so I find it very distracting. The video I posted earlier of the DRM mod in AC looks nothing like the real thing, sadly :(

I had a second chance to try this mod since the update. This time with all cars rather than just the 935 K3.

In qualifying in sunny conditions almost all cars are choosing rain tyres. I tried setting up AI limitations in CM and noticed that M tyres are not ticked as a usable tyre. I have to tick them and deactivate the other tyres to do qualify and a race. Unfortunately even if I save this setup as a pre configured grid it won’t remember those settings for the AI cars.

I think I’m going to have to go back to the previous 1.1 version as that was 90% of the racing that I do in AC.

Hopefully the DRM team can fix it as issue or if it’s possible for me to fix it my end. Can somebody let me know.

Thanks.

been having a problem with this mod since 1.11 and now in 1.2, the rpm needle refreshes at twice every second, so the rpm needle is not smooth and is not accurate at all, all other gauges are fine, just the rpm.
is this a problem with the whole mod or just with me?

been having a problem with this mod since 1.11 and now in 1.2, the rpm needle refreshes at twice every second, so the rpm needle is not smooth and is not accurate at all, all other gauges are fine, just the rpm.
I assume you have shaders mod installed? If so, you can turn it off. I personally love it since it makes the experience authentic.

Are you using the shaders lights mod? This is a feature they added to old tachometers. You can disable it in Content Manager settings>custom shaders patch>car instruments> uncheck "use accurate tachometers"

Are you using the shaders lights mod? This is a feature they added to old tachometers. You can disable it in Content Manager settings>custom shaders patch>car instruments> uncheck "use accurate tachometers"
Thanks, I thought my installation was broken...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes