Cars DRM Revival [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since some of the ai use rain tyres with dry conditions I read in CM one can assign tyres to cars individually. Problem is I cannot find that setting for the life of me. Can anyone give me a hint?
Thx

Since some of the ai use rain tyres with dry conditions I read in CM one can assign tyres to cars individually. Problem is I cannot find that setting for the life of me. Can anyone give me a hint?
Thx

On the DRIVE page you press the button that is furthest to the right from where it says OPPONENTS. if you expand the page that comes up there is an AI LIMITATIONS column. Enable that to bring up the options you need.

Note that it doesn’t appear to save the settings you create. They will only last for the session. At least that is what is happening on my PC.

Also CM will create fake cars to use these rules that get stored in your cars folder as well. You can’t drive them and they take up space on your hard drive. I gave up trying this method and deleted the fake cars from my PC.

Hopefully this doesn’t annoy or offend the DRM modding team. But as I don’t use SOL yet and would rather drive these awesome cars than have rain in the game. I have deleted the rain tyres from the cars and edited the Tyres files to remove them as a choice. Now the cars use M tyres in qualifying and E tyres in a race.

I don’t race online so I don’t have to worry about server issues.

Last edited:
On the DRIVE page you press the button that is furthest to the right from where it says OPPONENTS. if you expand the page that comes up there is an AI LIMITATIONS column. Enable that to bring up the options you need.

Note that it doesn’t appear to save the settings you create. They will only last for the session. At least that is what is happening on my PC.

Also CM will create fake cars to use these rules that get stored in your cars folder as well. You can’t drive them and they take up space on your hard drive. I gave up trying this method and deleted the fake cars from my PC.

Hopefully this doesn’t annoy or offend the DRM modding team. But as I don’t use SOL yet and would rather drive these awesome cars than have rain in the game. I have deleted the rain tyres from the cars and edited the Tyres files to remove them as a choice. Now the cars use M tyres in qualifying and E tyres in a race.

I don’t race online so I don’t have to worry about server issues.
Unfortunatly I dont have AI limitation options.
To me it looks like this:
CM-AI-limitations.png

• Deleted member 197115

Why not take it outside and kick his ass to prove your worthy? :roflmao:

Race DRM mod car, guys. Great way to finish foolish arguments IMO.

+staying on topic :D

Oh I have something on topic.

How do you people compare DRM car physics since original release, did it remain very much like it was initially, or it was """"improved""" ?

Race DRM mod car, guys. Great way to finish foolish arguments IMO.

+staying on topic :D

Oh I have something on topic.

How do you people compare DRM car physics since original release, did it remain very much like it was initially, or it was """"improved""" ?

It is as glorious as on the first day. I did not have the chance to test the latest build as much as I would have, only a couple of hours into testing + one online race this morning but the racing experience today was simply glorious!

I am driving the 935 K3 and slipping and sliding the car today against a field of proper fast humans around Kyalami was simply amazing. The car feels great and all the other cars I have tested briefly during the practice sessions felt just as amazing.

The v1.2 release is in many details an improvement and especially the addition of working wipers and the graphical and sound improvements do definitely improve the mod further.

I love especially the cockpit treatment on cars such as the 935 K3 which just makes me love this car so much more.

Vehicle dynamics are amazing - there is nothing in sim racing like dancing a 935 K3 on full boost around a slippery circuit on worn out tires toward the end of a race and defending a position, … nothing like it. The Sunday morning's DRM Revival online race is always a highlight of the week and makes Sunday that much more FUN!

I just set up a little championship with all the DRM cars.

I noticed at the start of qualifying that most (not all) of the other DRM cars were using rain tyres. I was on a dry track.

This needs a fix. The DRM team should fix it obviously but we may wait years for that, experience would show.Would someone here be able to point me to a quick fix? Perhaps I could just delete all the rain tyres?

Anyone? An idea?

I just set up a little championship with all the DRM cars.

I noticed at the start of qualifying that most (not all) of the other DRM cars were using rain tyres. I was on a dry track.

This needs a fix. The DRM team should fix it obviously but we may wait years for that, experience would show.Would someone here be able to point me to a quick fix? Perhaps I could just delete all the rain tyres?

Anyone? An idea?

As a quick workaround you could try this (I have not tried this as most of my racing is done online):

- BACKUP your content, specifically the data.acd file in each of the car folders (I usually just zip the original data.acd file for whenever I want to race a particular car online and want to make sure I retain the original file)
- remove the rain tire through the tire replacement menu in Content Manager on each car

This would be a quick and dirty fix. You will NOT BE ABLE to join a online server after doing this as this will change the data.acd file. In order to race online again you have to revert back to the same data.acd file the online server is using.

It is as glorious as on the first day.

I hope so. I don't see people hating on "omg FFB is so not how I expect", "omg not like typical Kunos car" so I assume three options:
  • People accepted different interpretations of such complex things as tires and steering mechanics.
  • The trend on disliking something different died out.
  • DRM mod team actually adjusted towards the audience. For example, like ACC done after first release.
I guess the only way to find out is to try myself, but you sound good, I hope it is as glorious. First car I'll drive will be M1, I think they absolutely mastered it, afraid it will be not as good and will be "improved".

Im no expert, but there is a difference between 1.1 and 1.2 for me. It isn’t worse or better though from my perspective. It just feels a little different. Also I had to adjust my 935 K3 setup for Brands Hatch as my times dropped from 1.28.xxx to 1.30.xxx using my 1.1 setup. I’m now a little faster than I was before, but haven’t made it into the 1.27.xxx range yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes