Cars DRM Revival [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a fascinating read; thank you :thumbsup:

So the rear toe should be adjustable on our AC version? I thought it was strange that the sliders were visible but had no effect on the setup :unsure:
Yes, the Zakspeed Capri and the Porsche 935 really were the prototype racers that absolutely pushed the boundaries of the Gr.5 formula (and arguably expanded them when the governing body were distracted for a moment otherwise).

There is a legendary video on Youtube in German language where Erich Zakowski (of Zakspeed fame) presented / argued / tried to fool into the running TV cameras with the cars on the grid how the (without a doubt illegal) laaaaarge rear wing extensions are part of the rear fenders are are not part of the rear wing! (Gr.5 homologation rules demanded that the rear wing may NOT extend further than the actual profile of the production cars body as seen from the front).

Zakspeed used that loophole to tack on another meter or so of rear wing ;-)

Those were interesting times.

I have to check regarding the toe settings having any effect.
They may have an effect that can be observed in actual telemetry data or there may have been found a different workaround about the Kunos design of the live axle.
I think what you experience may very well be the inability with the Kunos engine to simulate the Zakspeed Capri's adjustable unique rear live axle setup.

EDIT: Found it ! The wing controversy starts at ~20min into the documentation about the Zakspeed team founder - I think it's hilarious ;-)

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone's already mentioned this, but are you guys sure the steering ratio on the BMW 320 is correct? I say this because it seems very slow and that makes it really difficult to catch slides/correct for power oversteer. By lowering the degrees of rotation in my control panel (without adjusting the settings inside AC to tell it what I've done), I was able to speed up the steering and, as a result, the car really came alive for me.

Suddenly, I had enough control authority (to borrow the aviation term) to catch power oversteer in particular. With the stock settings, it felt like I had the steering of a big luxury car and the peaky, fire-breathing power of a DRM racer. Interesting, but questionable!

In particular, the 320's steering seems much slower than the same car in Raceroom. And while I'm complaining: I really wish that AC would let us adjust steering ratio in-game as part of the setup menu.

Great mod, not sure if its been mentioned but the under car shadow on the Porsche 935 K3 Joest seems rather large and dark, compared to the other cars it dosn't look right, also the wipers on the BMW don't seem to be active when using the rain mod... very minor things looking forward to a polished update.
In the mean time i was making a complete set AC Crew boards to go with all car skins currently available for DRM cars let me know if people want it. wip (3/4 finished.)
pitcrew_zpssr9i0ibw.jpg~original

I just bought DRM's but can't drive or find install instructions. They are in my index and tried dropping the driver in but still not.
Sorry if this has been answered before.

I reinstalled but still get kicked to main menu when I try to go to track.
I even tried installing 'content' to 'content folder' the way the video shows, which is a way I never have installed before but still nothing.

You simply drag and drop the content folder from the zip file into your AC folder. It can't be any simpler. How in the world did you install CM and get it working if you can't do this?
It's good to hear from you again Michael. Hope all is going well. I don't know what I did wrong. Sorry. Thanks for your concern.
When I try through CM it wont install is all I know.

Last edited:
You simply drag and drop the content folder from the zip file into your AC folder. It can't be any simpler. How in the world did you install CM and get it working if you can't do this?
The Hornbuckle pestering around...
Sadly I missed out on ignoring that texican menace on all forums, done so now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes