AC DRM Revival Marod Aero @ Road America - Mon 11 May 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Tentative sign up. I still don’t understand why I can’t get a good feeling with AC, especially as I seem to fare much better in ACC. I’ll give it another go however.
I have not tried this yet, so I take no responsibility.

I have not tried this yet, so I take no responsibility.

thanks! It’s really frustrating for me in AC. I can’t seem to find a way to feel what the car is doing in a competitive situation. Sometimes I can lap away offline and have fun, but as soon as it comes to driving against others online I’m miles off the pace, and I’m normally reasonably competitive in other sims.

thanks! It’s really frustrating for me in AC. I can’t seem to find a way to feel what the car is doing in a competitive situation. Sometimes I can lap away offline and have fun, but as soon as it comes to driving against others online I’m miles off the pace, and I’m normally reasonably competitive in other sims.
Ross, I have tried ACC a couple of times offline as well online and I find the cars easier to drive and more forgiven then the GT3 cars in AC. That doesn't mean that I'm more competitive in races because talented guys will also be faster with ACC cars.

But AC and especially the combo's from @Denis Betty have a wide range of variation and often brings us new cars and/or tracks. The cars don't have the grip and downforce of the GT3 cars and are in my opinion often more difficult to drive. And another aspect is that in ACC the cars come with predefined basic setup that is reasonably good. In AC the default setup is sometimes way off from what you want. So here the talented guys (we call them aliens) are also very good in knowing which setup changes the car needs on a certain track. Unfortunately I am not so skilled in making setups. So I hope that someone will post his setup for the Capri in this threat because I did one trial lap and in every turn I went off track.

Above is just how I see it but of course everyone is free to have another opinion.

So I hope that someone will post his setup for the Capri in this threat because I did one trial lap and in every turn I went off track.
Same for me. Back end was all over the place.

Then I tried again, same setup, after 3 or 4 laps of getting used to it, I absolutely loved it. Power slide the turns, remember the brakes are at best lame, and its great to drive.

HI Ross, I had exactly the same feeling as you re AC until a while ago when I tried this: https://boxthislap.org/thrustmaster-ts-pc-ts-xw-assetto-corsa-settings/ (gyro, damper min level etc). Instructions are crystal clear.

Totally transformed feel for the car, and catching slides became far easier - it feels 'natural', if that makes sense. The article/instructions explain in layman's terms (which I need! :laugh:) what you're trying to achieve, and why.

:)

Ross, I have tried ACC a couple of times offline as well online and I find the cars easier to drive and more forgiven then the GT3 cars in AC. That doesn't mean that I'm more competitive in races because talented guys will also be faster with ACC cars.

But AC and especially the combo's from @Denis Betty have a wide range of variation and often brings us new cars and/or tracks. The cars don't have the grip and downforce of the GT3 cars and are in my opinion often more difficult to drive. And another aspect is that in ACC the cars come with predefined basic setup that is reasonably good. In AC the default setup is sometimes way off from what you want. So here the talented guys (we call them aliens) are also very good in knowing which setup changes the car needs on a certain track. Unfortunately I am not so skilled in making setups. So I hope that someone will post his setup for the Capri in this threat because I did one trial lap and in every turn I went off track.

Above is just how I see it but of course everyone is free to have another opinion.

@HF2000
Han,
I am absolutely rubbish with this car, I was kindly provided with a obviously fast setup, nothing wrong with setup, a lot wrong with me.
Stick with the standard setup, play with tyre pressures.
tried many setups, still rubbish.
I think I will play last man standing for this race, my only hope of a reasonable place.
I don't think tyre warmers are on for this race ?????????? could cause first corner problems.

I think I've been driving with just the tyre pressures adjusted. Didn't consider tyre warmers - not sure they would have used them IRL, but I'll add them to the race server, to help avoid L1 incidents. Actually, the tyres seem to take several laps to warm up, so it's a good shout. :)

HI Ross, I had exactly the same feeling as you re AC until a while ago when I tried this: https://boxthislap.org/thrustmaster-ts-pc-ts-xw-assetto-corsa-settings/ (gyro, damper min level etc). Instructions are crystal clear.

Totally transformed feel for the car, and catching slides became far easier - it feels 'natural', if that makes sense. The article/instructions explain in layman's terms (which I need! :laugh:) what you're trying to achieve, and why.

:)

Tried this on the server earlier, realised i had a custom .LUT file installed that probably mucked things up for me before, but it seemed to work. I also installed the 'Real Head Motion' app so i could get a proper 'look to apex' setting, so these two things seem to give me a better, more controllable feeling. It's not as good as other sims, but hopefully that's a good base to start tweaking from. Thanks!

Yeah i almost exclusively drove historic cars in sims going back a few years. Less so now. I'm quite happy with no brakes, lots of power and no grip, Assetto Corsa just hasn't worked for me unfortunately!

Tried this on the server earlier, realised i had a custom .LUT file installed that probably mucked things up for me before, but it seemed to work. I also installed the 'Real Head Motion' app so i could get a proper 'look to apex' setting, so these two things seem to give me a better, more controllable feeling. It's not as good as other sims, but hopefully that's a good base to start tweaking from. Thanks!
Glad it helped Ross :) I'm envious, I could never get the Real Head Motion working for me (kept crashing the game), would love to try it, with a single screen it sounds like it would help visibility a lot.

I think I've been driving with just the tyre pressures adjusted. Didn't consider tyre warmers - not sure they would have used them IRL, but I'll add them to the race server, to help avoid L1 incidents. Actually, the tyres seem to take several laps to warm up, so it's a good shout. :)
I spent a while on the practice server, and the blankets were on already when I started (around the time you posted Denis) so I guess they had just been switched on? Anyway, having seen how quickly the tyres lose grip when you pause for a moment on the track, yeah, I'd certainly agree that the blankets are vital :)
I wish we had brake blankets too though! The brakes take a few corners to heat up and OMG they are virtually useless when cold. T1 & 2... gonna be scary :-S

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back