Cars DRM Revival [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it's not exactly payware stuff that kills modding community. I would say, we've passed the peak of modding community for racing simulations, now it will only decilne... With higher quality comes higher expectations, and for old rFactor/GTL days there was a sweet spot when it can be done very good for those standards (or even step up a little), with reasonable timeframe, and people are happy. The same is now going to MX Simulator community, being very dated engine, it's quite easy to do stuff which exceeds expectations, so the modding community shines there. Back to racing sims, things levelled up so much, it's very hard for one-two men to make stuff up to current level at a reasonable timeframe, or at least until you're totally lost motivation to do it while being a halfway for a year or so. Nowadays it's too easy to give up and just continue doing your daily job and life, especially when studios themselves provide tons of content, and lifespan of any even very good mod is now a couple of weeks really, then it's forgotten and abandoned. That's why the modders collaborate and going either for small studios, or release paid mods... And I'm totally fine with that.

Think you guys maybe overdid it with the wobbling effect, some of those wing mirrors look like they are attached with a coil spring or something :roflmao:

Good fun though, tricky to handle but very much in a good way. :thumbsup: Feeling a lot of variety or inconsistency beyond just the modelling though, with default driver positions and FFB strength sort of being all over the place.

Sound its ok, but it could be better.

The main problem for me are the brakes, the need more power i think its really hard to do a slow turn after a straight, too many meters needed to stop.

Thats my only sugestion, like a lot this stuff

Well, it's not exactly payware stuff that kills modding community. I would say, we've passed the peak of modding community for racing simulations, now it will only decilne... With higher quality comes higher expectations, and for old rFactor/GTL days there was a sweet spot when it can be done very good for those standards (or even step up a little), with reasonable timeframe, and people are happy. The same is now going to MX Simulator community, being very dated engine, it's quite easy to do stuff which exceeds expectations, so the modding community shines there. Back to racing sims, things levelled up so much, it's very hard for one-two men to make stuff up to current level at a reasonable timeframe, or at least until you're totally lost motivation to do it while being a halfway for a year or so. Nowadays it's too easy to give up and just continue doing your daily job and life, especially when studios themselves provide tons of content, and lifespan of any even very good mod is now a couple of weeks really, then it's forgotten and abandoned. That's why the modders collaborate and going either for small studios, or release paid mods... And I'm totally fine with that.
So true,
the main issues is people do not realize what it takes to build these cars its so time consuming,
back when RF1 was out cars was all made to the highest standards they looked awesome but times change so much,
the future of cars will die soon anyways because been a cad and cam engineer and understanding the techniques involved in creating cars and content for over 20 years now,
when these cars are created by say "BMW" they are created in CAD software and in todays standards,
like AC for example the cars in AC are less than 1% of a car that gets stamped for parts from pure CAD,
but a lot of parts are hidden ingames so roughly we could say a official content car is about 3.5%
the details of a official CAD part direct from a manufacturer,
in the next 10/15 years all this will be gone,
simply because the games software available in say 2035 the manufacturers CAD cars you will be able to place directly inside any game directly will just require UV mapping for placement of logos and I can imagine in 15 years time the software to do this will change so much also,
so simply enjoy it while you can because the future of cars and tracks will change so much in the upcoming years where games companies will directly download laser scanned tracks ready to go and CAD cars you actually drive on the road straight from them direct and because its industry standards to make cars these days all using CAD software,
there will be people wanting the classics yes but the software will have changed so much no one would even understand it anyways ,

so enjoy this period while you can because these are the "golden days of modding" be assured.

Last edited:
Haven’t got to try yet, these reviews aren’t looking too great can’t be that bad surely?? €15 ain’t gonna break the bank either way though!

• Deleted member 197115

There should have been demo at least. Not "all sales are final", esp. at that price.
I don't regret paying full price for it, the team seems to be very passionate and worked hard to have this delivered.
But that just for the effort and to support the spirit.
The content itself is not up to Kunos standards, not even close.
Never tried RSS GT1, is it any good or of similar mediocrity?
Answered my own question by buying RSS Pack.
That's what I call quality content on par with what comes out of Kunos house.
Wish we had more mods like this, I don't mind in fact more than happy to pay for that. :thumbsup:

Think you guys maybe overdid it with the wobbling effect, some of those wing mirrors look like they are attached with a coil spring or something :roflmao:

Good fun though, tricky to handle but very much in a good way. :thumbsup: Feeling a lot of variety or inconsistency beyond just the modelling though, with default driver positions and FFB strength sort of being all over the place.
There is a lack of polish in some areas but the driver models are my biggest gripe. A few cars seem to suffer from classic quick-rip syndrome where drivers are dropped in from other mods without consideration for scale, positioning, posture, clipping etc. A couple of the drivers seem far too big and are crammed into seats too close to the steering wheel, so your ideal head position is actually in the middle of their chest with big basketball shoulders to the left and right of you.

The bright white suits also have a nuclear glow in direct sunlight, and don't get me started on the low-poly clown shoes with pedals clipping through. I like a lot about this mod but wasn't expecting the driver models to be so poorly realised in several of the cars. It's like they were rushed, or an afterthought, and unfortunately cheapens the overall package for me. It might seem like nitpicking but stuff like this is important in VR, paymod or not.

Hopefully they'll receive some attention in a future patch because at the moment I find them a little distracting.

The DRM mod is fantastic, drove more than half cars already For 5-7laps around nurburging, and it is fantastic.. No need to compare to any other paymod or even Kunos official content...

This mod is VERY good.

Reactions: VCR
Haven’t got to try yet, these reviews aren’t looking too great can’t be that bad surely?? €15 ain’t gonna break the bank either way though!

That's a problem with big rants like the ones in this thread, it overshadows the positives and makes potential buyers have second thoughts.
To be fair, and if you pay attention to who is saying what in the threads and reviews, those that know what they talk about is mostly right. Some inconsistency across all cars, but overall a solid mod. Worth the money?
You be the judge.

I do kinda think it may have been wise to offer a single car as sort of a demo.

I say this because there is a fair amount of pro's and con's that each person will weigh up differently, making it tricky to offer an insight as to whether or not its worth the money without trying it yourself.

That being said, I also understand its pretty much too late to do that now (without creating an entirely new car!), as its tough to tell a bunch of people who have already purchased the pack that everyone else can get a portion of it for free.

Would be a great way of letting users understand whether or not this is for them or not :)

If a person is about such classic cars then this mod is really for them. I am that type of guy,and this pack ticks all boxes for me so far. Cars are done really well. I wouldn't listen what members of other paymods studio is trying to prove here.

If a person is about such classic cars then this mod is really for them. I am that type of guy,and this pack ticks all boxes for me so far. Cars are done really well. I wouldn't listen what members of other paymods studio is trying to prove here.
I'm in full support of this mod and this team. Not sure what you're reading that says otherwise...
I'll quote myself here:

Doubt anyone at RSS are upset that Paul is enjoying simracing :roflmao: We all do, its why we're here.

Liking one mod does not take away from another, there is room for everyone.

I saw some s**t posts which are IMO totaly untrue and falsely accusing, especially about cars handling and FFB. IMO those things in mod really shines, I have drove more than half of them already, and from slow to rather fast pace. I can say that this mod is real deal, and mediocore simracers will complain, the only way to avoid that is to choose to mod a car that IRL is very very balanced and planted, and then profit from it, I really hope that DRM team won't change cars physics due to those crazy posts of peope who may now be in a state of spring time depression or profits from mods of those known planted cars... Some details may improve, time will show, so far only Manrod Scream FFB_Mult value seems to be overdone IMO, everything else is so good !

I was quite pleased with my purchase. The physics and FFB feel great to me and the cars I have tried were a lot of fun to drive. The main thing I was disappointed with was the rather low resolution texture used for the dashboard, but I only really noticed that after I had crashed - it wasn't an issue whilst I was driving.

Very well done, comes over very authentic. DRM as it should be. Big praise to the sound is outstanding. Physics adapted to the year 1977 accordingly.
I do not have much to complain about. That fits up to a trifle, annoys you very much.
The steering behavior is not the same as the other AC cars. These can not be turned on very directly by the DRM, which is annoying and very sluggish in relation to AC.
Dear Mod Friends You will be able to adjust the steering behavior to be the same as the rest of AC.
That is not solved well.
Also, the tires in the first round as usual in Corsa should have more grip and not = 0 as in the mod
That may be authentic, which I do not believe, rather disturbing. It sucks.
Authentic is good, but we do not drive in real and only on the PC ...
Thanks anyway for the many work ... I expect an update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes