Cars DRM Revival [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • ronniej

Man.....All this debate. I spent a $hit ton of money to give everyone a cool car (free) to drive, and folks are losing their minds over a couple bucks.

I'm with others who say the more the merrier when it comes to anyone wanting to provide more (quality) content for my favorite simulator. Just sayin. The work will speak for itself and we can decide who gets our money.

We are absent of "class" when we go down this road though..To me, it's like if my wife and I go to a restaurant and the waiter that night gives us a free dessert with our meal because he decides to, and the next time we go, a different waiter charges us, should we lose our minds? Never go there again? Keep it coming modders, and I like that I can come to my favorite site and get a smorgasbord of info and content.:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Man.....All this debate. I spent a $hit ton of money to give everyone a cool car (free) to drive, and folks are losing their minds over a couple bucks.:sick:

I'm with others who say the more the merrier when it comes to anyone wanting to provide more (quality) content for my favorite simulator. Just sayin. The work will speak for itself and we can decide who gets our money.

We are absent of "class" when we go down this road though..To me, it's like if my wife and I go to a restaurant and the waiter that night gives us a free dessert with our meal because he decides to, and the next time we go, a different waiter charges us, should we lose our minds? Never go there again? Keep it coming modders, and I like that I can come to my favorite site and get a smorgasbord of info and content.:thumbsup:
Nice,well described.
But reflect a bit.
This DRM Pack is not worth the money.

Just drag the content folder in ya base AC directory: \Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\

No good. The cars appear in all the right places but will not load up into a race or practice. I have been going through something similar with Crew Chief for a couple weeks now.

I've turned AC off and on a couple times ... not good. I've turned the computer off and on a couple times ... no good as well.

Any suggestions?

drm1glq0d.jpg

Just had my first taster (RMT 1001) - Feels fantastic to me! Really love it.

Yes, the modelling leaves something to be desired as already established, SFX sounded great to my (very easily pleased) ears, and physics felt pretty authentic so far.

Lots of bite under braking due to the huge scrub radius - something remember from the Jag XJ13 - not a problem, just something to get used to (which I love).

FFB feels lower than most Kunos cars and most mods, though its perfect for me (I left it at 100% gain ingame whereas usually most I reduce to 85%). Apart from that, no issues on that front, feels great to me.

Looking forward to checking the rest when I get a bit of time, but already some great fun to be had from the outset, despite some shortfalls already highlighted.

I personally think, this pro/con paymod discussion is nonsense in this thread. This thread is only about this particular DRM-(Pay)-Mod.

BUT to take on the off-topic:
I see another problem with that.
Look:
The modding itself is, what it is. Unlicensed copys of realworld cars/tracks. Right now, the community isn't that big to be interesting.
But this can change VERY quickly. And this is the problem, the bigger the moddingcom is, the more content is to be generated, the more interesting it becomes, the higher the standard becomes. We got some works with higher quality that could even Kunos make. (Obviously due to lack of time - no offend here!)

Right now, the trackowners and carmanufacturers are overlooking this whole thing - because of the lack of quality. But if that mind changes, you could shutdown nearly all of that modded content here on RD due to copyright claims. Even if you use fantasynames/logos, most cardesignes (or parts of it) are patented as well. Some findy lawyers then simply ask you to put it down, if you don't want to be claimed. Even if it's unsure, if theres a copyright on certain designes, would you risk a rejection and find out? This could be more expensive as you may think... If they go nuts, they could sue you for even download a claimed mod.

And this is no fiction, things like this did happen in the past. Copyrightlaw is a very sensible thing. You never know. Even if you use a fonttype of (for example) BBS and turn it into BSB, you can be sued for using a copyrighted fonttype.

Regarding this, if the paymods grow over, manufacturers will start to pay attention about that. And then, in my not real important opinion, there will last three options:
1. They will only complain about using realnames. Most unlikely, it's all about money, you know...
2. They will claim every mod, regardless if it's pay/free fantasy/realnames.
3. They will only give licences exclusivly to platforms/gamestudios where modding is forbidden/impossible and/or want to have so much money for their licences, that you can almost bury any simstudio not directly belonging to a very rich gamecompany like EA or Codemasters. (And you know what that would mean.)

But back on topic:
I don't like the sounds. I think, they have to work about that. And oh, the position of the driver seems a little bit off.

maybe whise to make a sale for one car so people can give it a try without losing 15 euros that way maybe more will try and buy the full pack

I think we are spoiled with the quality RSS and VRC putting out there to bee honest saw a couple of drm videos but the quality is not on the RSS level that's why I did not (jet) bought it

what does “ceterum censeo Carthaginian esse delendam” has to do with a badly done Assetto Corsa mod!

A lot. You know the meaning behind the cited phrase when it comes to rhetorical moves? Yes you do.

And who said the mod is badly done? You? ... Fine. I have to apologize but this is only your personal opinion.

I suggest that you open a new thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play