Cars DRM Revival [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
If someone has not received an email with the update, please write us a message with the transaction number and the customer email-address on our homepage:

or create a ticket directly via sellfy.

As I mentioned above yesterday: are there any plans to rework/update the exhaust flames?
Everything in this mod is top but the flames are really bad tbh.

Maybe they still work?

Reactions: F_B
I drove the Puriano 3h last evening and it feels much, much better at turn in.
The brakes are still way too under-powered out of the pits.
No developer of any car this quick and this expensive, would give you brakes that do not stop for three laps....it just doesn't happen.
As I've already explained during the initial release, the exhaust flame timing is way off in certain sections of the track.
I have stated before...the cylinder pressures and therefore exhaust velocity, would be too high to sustain exhaust stack flame during acceleration.
The only time you should ever be seeing flame is during off throttle events... (i.e... where the ECU goes into fuel-cut and the waste-gate goes open to unload the compressor).
You'll see those flames as the car decelerate going into the braking zones.
They'll quickly extinguish as the driver gets back on the throttle, again increasing chamber pressure.
I've only...as of this time, driven that Puriano 3h car.
I will try to test others later this week.

Last edited:
Track day.
With 2 or more cars as opponents, AC crash with Unexpected Error after a minute or so.
DRM mods are the only cars that bring this error after the update.

OT: When testing issues with the track day mode, first try to disable the "new AI behavior" module (or just the "Ai flood" section) so it just acts as "weekend practice vs other AI", to avoid its problematic "ai is kept respawning around you" mechanics and see if it's related to it.

Usually 0.1.60 is pretty solid, I've done 4 laps around Nurb GT vs 4 drm cars without a crash in track day mode + ai flood enabled, so you might try it if you need a later version for other fixes (0.1.52 can be prone for "unexpected error" crashes on session exit). But still, track day mode is always "safer" without ai flood, but with a larger grid on the avg track.

(0.1.61 is ok in most scenarios, but can crash at session start with content using ext phys 2, not allowing you to use some other csp-only mods/paid mods)

OT: When testing issues with the track day mode, first try to disable the "new AI behavior" module (or just the "Ai flood" section) so it just acts as "weekend practice vs other AI", to avoid its problematic "ai is kept respawning around you" mechanics and see if it's related to it.

Usually 0.1.60 is pretty solid, I've done 4 laps around Nurb GT vs 4 drm cars without a crash in track day mode + ai flood enabled, so you might try it if you need a later version for other fixes (0.1.52 can be prone for "unexpected error" crashes on session exit). But still, track day mode is always "safer" without ai flood, but with a larger grid on the avg track.

(0.1.61 is ok in most scenarios, but can crash at session start with content using ext phys 2, not allowing you to use some other csp-only mods/paid mods)

Thanks @AlleyViper
Yes, I don't have AI flood selected, but New behaviour, yes.
I stepped back to .52 because also the new v1.6 Formula NA pack from VRC was having problem with the shape of tyres.
I'll try the .60.

Puriano 3h appears to be missing some sound samples in certain exterior playback views.
Anybody else experience this anomaly?
I can hear the rumble strip, tire slip and a lot of other samples in replay but the engine exhaust note is very low at certain points.
Sounds during the interior views are normal.

Last edited:
Maybe it’s because I stopped racing at all for over a month (tennis took all my time) but damn these cars are *awesome* to drive! Did you change the tires? I used to feel like the cars understeered too much, but they feel perfect to me now.

Again - could be because I stepped away for awhile, but the handling on these cars is really fun vs what I remember with 1.2.

And Thanks again for recreating the best racing series that has ever been.

I love the adjustments to handling in this mod.
Having started my career as a Porsche mechanic, my 'go-to' car is always the Puriano 3h.
I love that car in this sim.
Heck! I don't think I've even driven any of the other cars except the Capri.
While obviously having never driven the 935DP, every other Porsche I have ever worked on or driven ...including the 930 Turbo, had exceptional braking capability.
I find it hard to believe a purpose-built 935DP at 2138 lbs would be this inefficient....cold or not.
Please fix the exhaust flames or at the very least, give us the ability to remove them.

• Deleted member 223075

Hi, with some cars i have a strange error. The RPM arrow is saccaded. Instead of gradually showing correct rpm the arrow only show 2000,5000,9000 rpm

Last edited by a moderator:
If you mean Porsches having lagging chronometric tachometers, then adjust your csp settings to disable that feature. cm>settings>csp>car instruments disable "use accurate tachometers". This is automatically applied for cars of certain brands in certain year ranges, when parameters aren't present on their configs.
I guess this has been answered in this thread long back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Thursday

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Friday

Votes: 31 40.8%
  • Saturday

Votes: 39 51.3%