DRIVER UPDATES HERE

Only other thing I can think of but I don't think it gives a runtime error is using
the newer DirectX package on old gmotor.

I need to use the earlier bigger package or GTR2 won't boot.

The one I use for my modern sim tower is 11.2mb
One I use for my older sim tower is 98.3mb

You can run the small one over the big one no problem then old and new sims will work for me. ie: I have test installed GTR2 on modern sim tower it won't boot. Install small big DX it will. Won't affect modern sims.

Just I run 2 towers with old and new sims divided, usually do fresh OS for big updates etc so I have different setups for both.

Screenshot 2024-01-10 061949.jpg

Last edited:
Only other thing I can think of but I don't think it gives a runtime error is using
the newer DirectX package on old gmotor.

I need to use the earlier bigger package or GTR2 won't boot.

The one I use for my modern sim tower is 11.2mb
One I use for my older sim tower is 98.3mb

You can run the small one over the big one no problem then old and new sims will work for me. ie: I have test installed GTR2 on modern sim tower it won't boot. Install small big DX it will. Won't affect modern sims.

Just I run 2 towers with old and new sims divided, usually do fresh OS for big updates etc so I have different setups for both.

View attachment 720274
interesting, will look into that. it's so odd that i could run GTR2 without issue for six months then all of a sudden i'm getting thiis runtime crash.

Last night i uninstalled the drivers, Did a windows update. installed the all in one pack. Rebooted. then ran GTR2 with no problem. Came out of the game, restarted, and the second time i got the runtime crash again.

Even more strange is the game boots up no problem. I can move around between all the option screens, and select cars, or tracks, and alter summary options. Load the track all without any problems

if i then go into garage and load a pre saved car set up setting then go out on track it's fine.

Where the runtime crash happens is either in garage menu when switching from set up 1 screen to set up 2 screen.
OR
after qualifying and attempting to enter the garage set up menu to change from qualifying set up to race set up.

I'll check out your DirectX info, but it's so strange how GTR2 was operating perfectly fine until last week. And nothing on my system had changed.

for both.
I think it's a RAM issue. I've been running a 50 car Mini Cooper series for six months without issue. Just this last month I started to compile a 50 Car Hot Hatch Series. I ran two races on a track with no problem EXCEPT for the runtime crash in Garage menu.

I was trying to run it on a different track and was getting all types of graphics lag, and runtime crash.

So i tried the 50 Mini Coopers again and no problems.

To double check I then ran the Hot Hatches on the same track but with only 44 cars and it ran no problem, no graphics lag, and no runtime errors.

So it must be the 50 car Hot Hatches ( 16 different car manufacturers) on some larger tracks are too demanding on RAM compared to a single make 50 car series.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back