DRIVER UPDATES HERE

Thought be better then adding new drivers to existing threads like I do

Nvidia 445.75 WHQL

Just did NVSlimmer and there is no "NGXCore" folder with this driver ?
If anyone extracts can you check where they put it as I already deleted full driver ....doh

https://developer.nvidia.com/rtx/ngx

No use for sims then

NVSlimmer

Not an insider but one of the guys at Guru3D is. I got it from that site under Nvidia drivers.
It is a really good driver...very fluid action on screen.
I cant find the drivers on the site. Looked under Nvidia drivers but the latest is just the 445.78 hotfix ones.

Radeon Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.4.1

Fixed Issues
  • Overwatch™ and Heroes of the Storm™ may experience a black screen or application hang while gaming for extended periods of time on some Radeon RX Vega series graphics product system configurations.
  • HDR may fail to enable or be detected in applications and games using the Vulkan® API.
  • Doom Eternal™ may fail to launch in some hybrid graphics system configurations.
  • Radeon ReLive streaming may fail to launch or may crash when a stream session is started with performance metrics overlay enabled.
  • Some clock values may fail to populate for a limited number of graphics products in the Radeon Settings Hardware information tab.
  • Hotkeys can no longer be assigned to a single digit or character as this has the ability to block or cause interference with some default Windows® functionality.
  • Some Radeon FreeSync Premium supported displays may not list all supported refresh rate options in Windows® when Radeon FreeSync Premium is enabled in the displays OSD settings.

Is it worth installing the latest drivers for 1080 TI?

Only if you’re convinced your current driver is underperforming or there’s some special game fix, new feature or security update you need. There always seems to be a rush to install the latest driver for no good reason and they often cause more problems than they cure (and rarely actually improve performance).

Terry, that 450.12 I tried it after you recommended it in another post, and it seemed good ,but despite me have windows not install drivers updates the driver kept reverting back to an old one, did you have this problem,
No...I did not have any issues with the driver reverting.
It has been a very solid driver for me.
What version is it reverting to in your case?

Nvidia 445.87 + Hotfix 455.98

I know is late but wanted to mention if you prefer standard driver ( no Store control panel ) use advanced search
or bookmark this link ........ https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx
and you should see choice for "Driver type" ie: Standard or DCH

nvidia standard driver.jpg

If you use this link they are all DCH

or you can get cleaned driver which are all Standard
Scroll down page if you have RTX you also see link for Hotfix

Last edited:
Good day for fresh OS :p

AMD Radeon Adrenalin 2020 Edition v20.5.1

NVIDIA v446.14 WHQL

Cleaned Driver: Remember to scroll down for RTX cards

WINDOWS 2004

Eventhough my comment was slightly humorous ment - then my philosophy has allways been that when a new graphic card (or new g-card series) are launched then the driver updates the first ½-1 year does often optimize some params in the driver for real - so the card does actually run better.
But after this period then the updates get more and more aimed to the next g-card HW(!) revision.

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: This rather conservative upd philosophy I have often tested out discovering that later drivers seldom give any advantages - but often instead introduce issues because of socalled "optimizing".:rolleyes:

I do about the same for GPU and never update drivers that have nothing for me
In my PC life has been about 3 updates for simulations

Obviously if you a gamer and a driver fixes a issue with a game you play then you update ... why wouldn't you:O_o:

Apart from that benching and tweaking and extra 5% I left behind as a waste of my time, no medals handed out

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back