Driver Swaps coming to Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club!

Ricoow

Premium
8f3eeb7ed5d2d7b964fe06eaab805b79.jpg

"Blurring the lines between real and virtual motorsports" - RD's motto and that is exactly what we are doing in the ACC Race Club. This Sunday 20th of October, the first ever ACC Race Club team event is coming.

Blancpain GT has a sprint-race format for five of its 10 race weekends, called 'Blancpain GT World Challenge Europe'. In this format, a race takes one hour during which teams are required to make a driver swap half-way through. We are going to test this format in our Racing Club, and you can be a part of it!

I want to join!
Understandable. What you need to do to become a part of this historic race is easy. Find yourself somebody who you want to share a car with, you can use the sign up thread for that or PM's, and then sign up for the race in the thread over here!

Can't make it? Don't worry. If this test event proves to be a success, there will be plenty more to come ;) Just take a look at the ACC Race Club, or at the Race Calendar!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

A while ago I wrote a website that accepts online bookings for an ACC event, then generates all of the config files for the server automatically.

It supports driver swaps, custom liveries, just about everything that was around at the time.

I drifted away from it a bit as I drifted away from sim racing but feel free to use it if it saves you time.

I won't post the URL here but let me know if it would be of any help.

When comes RTX support? Or will that promise be broken?

Aristotelis in August:

Our priority is to improve, optimize, and evolve all aspects of ACC. If after our long list of priorities the level of optimization of the title, and the maturity of the technology, permits a full blown implementation of RTX, we will gladly explore the possibility, but as of now there is no reason to steal development resources and time for a very low frame rate implementation.

Basically, how I would translate it - if you were hoping for RTX in ACC, don't hold your breath, they obviously don't consider this originally advertised feature of the game important.

D

Deleted member 113561

• Deleted member 113561

Aristotelis in August:

Our priority is to improve, optimize, and evolve all aspects of ACC. If after our long list of priorities the level of optimization of the title, and the maturity of the technology, permits a full blown implementation of RTX, we will gladly explore the possibility, but as of now there is no reason to steal development resources and time for a very low frame rate implementation.

Basically, how I would translate it - if you were hoping for RTX in ACC, don't hold your breath, they obviously don't consider this originally advertised feature of the game important.
That makes them liars ...

Shame on Kunos

That makes them liars ...

Shame on Kunos
It's too immature a technology to be even remotely bothered about now. Unless a developer has a few million dollars lying around and can afford to waste their time, they shouldn't be bothered with RTX right now. You obviously know that Kunos don't have that luxury.

Nvidia jumped on that hype train before someone else did, but it was way too soon. I'm sorry that you fell for the hype.

It's too immature a technology to be even remotely bothered about now. Unless a developer has a few million dollars lying around and can afford to waste their time, they shouldn't be bothered with RTX right now. You obviously know that Kunos don't have that luxury.
Then it should not be announced in the first place...

Nvidia jumped on that hype train before someone else did, but it was way too soon. I'm sorry that you fell for the hype.
Don't blame the user, if the developer started the hype.

RTX, also avaiable in Assetto Corsa Competiziano... :D

i don't care about RTX at all, but don't you dare, to make it the customers fault, to expect something, that was announced to be expected.^^ this backfires hard....

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 86 19.4%
  • €151-500

Votes: 121 27.3%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 73 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 39 8.8%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 43 9.7%
  • €3001-5000