Driver swapping

I made the excact question to Aristotelis and he answered me that they are thinking many feautures to put in AC.
If they dont put some of them in first release they will put them in the future updates.
The reason isnt that they dont want of course but if they "dont have time",i mean that first prioritys are a stable AC with good physics,multiplayer,offline,AI etc etc(at least what he answered me).
Also we will have the ability to make programs,plugins to implement in AC whatever we want :)
So the programming guys also have to start...theyr engines :D

How many online cars will the game be able to have in one server?
(I know this have been mentioned before but I have forgoten the number)

I really hope the driver swaps will be better then rF's because some times they could be a bit unstable. :)

Guess you're gonna be playing rfactor 2 then :p
I'd be pretty happy if AC could get 25 cars but even if it's just 20 cars that's fine. That was the limit(19 cars) in the GPL days and that worked out fine. :)
Hell no if AC can´t do that then i´ll run iRacing for endurance races.

there should be no real limit to this, BF3 could run something like 100 guys in each team but the gameplay would be destroyed.
iRacing only has a 60 person limit due to pit stalls so there´s no software issues holding them from going over 60.

For example if we would get a track with 100 pit stalls then we would be able to run 100 guys on that server.

So i´m hoping AC will allow us to use all of the pit stalls on a racetrack.

So i´m hoping AC will allow us to use all of the pit stalls on a racetrack.

In real life there is often a limit of pitstalls. When Formula 1 (or WTCC for example) visits a track they gets the best pitboxes that can be used the entire week exclusively. Support series don't get their own pitbox but simply occupy the space in front of a F1 pitbox temporary until their sessions expires and they return to the paddock.

Why not use this in games? Each track should have a proper paddock area that can be used if there is a limit on the pitboxes.

In real life there is often a limit of pitstalls. When Formula 1 (or WTCC for example) visits a track they gets the best pitboxes that can be used the entire week exclusively. Support series don't get their own pitbox but simply occupy the space in front of a F1 pitbox temporary until their sessions expires and they return to the paddock.

Why not use this in games? Each track should have a proper paddock area that can be used if there is a limit on the pitboxes.
Yea i won´t say no to a paddock area. However there are some problems with that.
Like if two guys gets damage, one guy goes to his pit stall, the other guy drives to paddock. Paddock guy will lose way more time then the other guy.
This is the reason everyone has to go through all of the pitlane at SPA on endurance events for example.
And the reason why Le Mans has a fixed number of entries.

imo i think that if there´s 50 pit boxes, then we should also be able to run 50 cars on that track.
And if they want to make it even better they can optimize it depending on what type of cars are running.

Like if you host an F1 race with 24 drivers but the pitlane holds 48 cars they could automatically spread the cars out so it´s like this,

TEAM 1
TEAM 1
empty
empty
TEAM 2
TEAM 2
empty
empty

or if it´s an individual championship with no teams it could look like this,

DRIVER 1
empty
empty
empty
DRIVER 2
empty
empty
empty
DRIVER 3

That way you can always get away more straight and you would not have a silly "ghost-pitlane" like iRacing have.

Hell no if AC can´t do that then i´ll run iRacing for endurance races.

there should be no real limit to this, BF3 could run something like 100 guys in each team but the gameplay would be destroyed.
iRacing only has a 60 person limit due to pit stalls so there´s no software issues holding them from going over 60.

I think the people at kunos simulazioni lack the knowledge to produce netcode that will allow 60 cars so unless iracing or rfactor or anyone share that knowledge with them I doubt it'll happen.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back