Driver swapping

let's not think that netcode is a simple thing though.

I personally don't think any of the current gen big budget FPS games (battlefield, call of duty, medal of honor, etc.) can get close to the online play from counter-strike (1.6), unreal, or quake. And think about the teams of programmers they have and the huge amounts of money they invest in their products every year.

It is impressive that bf3 can handle as many players as it does, but bullets regularly disappear in that game

Hampus let's say you're right that they're capable of allowing 60 cars, in your opinion what is the reason for them not to do it?
Well let me re-frase that bit.

If the track supports 60 cars due to 60 garage boxes or pit stalls then i would like to maximize that.
If another track supports 27 cars like Zandvoort then i would love to be able to run 27 guys on that track.
Just maximize it so it follows real life.

"in your opinion what is the reason for them not to do it?"
Wut?`I am the only one saying i can´t find any reason for them not to do it..

You should probably ask that one to yourself,

Well let me re-frase that bit.

If the track supports 60 cars due to 60 garage boxes or pit stalls then i would like to maximize that.
If another track supports 27 cars like Zandvoort then i would love to be able to run 27 guys on that track.
Just maximize it so it follows real life.

Wut?`I am the only one saying i can´t find any reason for them not to do it..

You should probably ask that one to yourself,

The point I'm trying to make is, if they were capable of doing it, there's no reason for them not to do it as you said. Which leads me to believe they simply don't have the capability to do it. Who knows if AC will even have 25 cars? Might just be 20?

How can you make an assumption that they will fail?

Again, you are comparing it to a product that is what, 5 years old? Where Stefano only played in his free time.
AC is a completely different ball game.

By your logic you would assume Kunoz can´t do DX11. or make laserscanned tracks, they had none in NKPro..

My assumption is not that they'll fail. My assumption is that they're not capable as of yet to run AC with 60 cars. But my assumption was based on what someone said in this thread and I can't find anything to support it. So who knows how many people will be able to race online at the same time. Sorry.

I have kind of had a hard time following this topic so I am really sorry if this have already been mentioned but it would be VERY cool if they could add something like a queue list when you press the button to enter the pit so it can show you that you have been first to request entry for the pit so the other driver/s can't enter the pit on that lap since you guys share the same pit box.

Or, it could simply tell you that "Driver (name)" have also requested to enter the pit (since you two share the pit box) and then you will have to decide if this guy is ahead of you, or behind you and how far so you know if you won't be waiting for him when you enter the pits.

This is just a suggestion and can surely be changed to make it easier for the drivers but I belive this would be great so we won't be surpirsed when our team mate enters the pit at the same time as we do. :) (Oh, I get the feeling I should search for copy right first before even suggesting it. :p )

And a question, who will pay me for a new CPU if RD will be hosting a 60 car 24h race at Nords? or will it be the price for winning the race? :p

If they implement the driver swapping then they should maybe aslo do night races so we can simulate real 24h in team events with the daylight changing to night ...

and what would be really amazing is to have a real time weather associated to some weather forecast website:) ... that will make the simulation almost perfect

and what would be really amazing is to have a real time weather associated to some weather forecast website:) ... that will make the simulation almost perfect

ooooohhhh I do agree, it would be really a brilliant simulation plus!

Then, I hope they can reproduce as realistic as possible races in rain conditions (realistic behaviour of the car on wet track). Because in race07, the rainny races are just unrealistic in my opinion, it slides too much....

1.gif

If it snows at the location of at the time then I'm gonna go for snow race.:D

I have kind of had a hard time following this topic so I am really sorry if this have already been mentioned but it would be VERY cool if they could add something like a queue list when you press the button to enter the pit so it can show you that you have been first to request entry for the pit so the other driver/s can't enter the pit on that lap since you guys share the same pit box.

Or, it could simply tell you that "Driver (name)" have also requested to enter the pit (since you two share the pit box) and then you will have to decide if this guy is ahead of you, or behind you and how far so you know if you won't be waiting for him when you enter the pits.

I like this idea... eliminates the uncertainty of it all. Many has been the time where there's been poor communication between drivers, and I have entered the pits hoping that there isn't another guy in my stall...

Something that I still don't understand why it takes the sim racing industry so long to implement this.
Flight sims had this ten years ago already.

Absolutely amazing feature that I'd applaud Kunos for if they put in their game.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 144 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 271 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 396 40.0%