Drift mode!

Lol, I am tired after 30 lvls. I don't think I could last long enough to reach even lvl 50. And I am actually going to the gym. Maybe that is my mistake... I am using too much force to move steering wheel.

Haha, relax mate :)
If the FFB is set up well, you hardly need to do anything with your hands other than returning the wheel after the drift when the rear tires begin to grip again.

Here we go once again. I am officially the first one to reach Level 100 in Drift Mode (according to the Global Achivement stats of Steam, it stood on 0% before I did it)
UFM92po.jpg

Surprisingly I still had ammounts of fuel left in my car, so I continued on for a bit longer:
zHkOZcE.jpg

Such a session, really. It kinda got me tired even.

I saved the replay indeed, but there's a problem with the current replay system. I don't really understand how it works, but when I tried to watch it again it looked like a lot of it was cut. I think there's a cap at saving replays. Anyways here it is, uploaded:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dz6q0d87jwvjpf4/Level 106 BMW M3
It's on a loop, I am not sure of the time, but perhaps 10 mins or so. Once you are at the end, you start recording over the beginning, losing previous laps.

I am sure that it will be extended in the near future, I've plenty of memory and hard drive space :)

On a side note, I would like to see a hotkey available for starting and stopping the replay. This way you could start the replay after the replay overlay has disappeared off the bottom of the screen. Great for FRAPS etc.

Where do I find this "drift spec" E30? I set up the e30 for drifting as best I could and still sort of suck. Maybe Level 5 if I'm lucky. I own an E30 and I can't drift it worth beans either, so I guess its realistic. :D

Nah... I mean yes you could... but wouldn't be nice to have an M3 with an engine swap from an E46 and lot's of lock? :D
Definiately. I could get it to drift at least half-decently now. I'm totally enjoying the underpowered feel of the car. You really have to keep the momentum in order to keep that drift up, which is at least a level of difficulty, after the E92 being able to drift anywhere with any lock.

What I'm missing currently from the E92 drift version is more range on the camber value, and playing around a bit with the suspension stiffness or at least anti-roll bar settings. That's totally missing for my mind.

Yeah, I tried out the E92 drift for a bit. It's like a shitshow with all that power and lock, not really much "feeling" involved. I had to stop though because the sound of that E92 is just offensive. My neighbour has a '08 m3 and it sounds like angels having angry sex, this, not so much. I see better sound in the 0.3 update.

Anyway, the E30 M3 S1 with semislicks, no rear camber and 40psi rear tires, full front negative camber is driftable. You have to unsettle the car and have the entry speed *perfect* and you can hang that 'dawg' out. Feels nice. It took me about 20 minutes to get the hang of it, and I can't connect much, but it feels nice.

My E30 is a 6cyl with a turbo so I can't really compare, but I know that when the rear let's go it snaps around like a guy's head at a Victoria Secret Christmas Special. I think it feels comparable.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back