During the Group C race at Spa I was not only battling with the competition but persistent miss-shifts while downshifting.
(I checked rFactor after the race and it shifted just fine...no miss-shifts)
To deal (manage) with the issue I slowed down my down-shifts which seemed to help. During practice in the days leading up to the race I didn't experience any problems.
So what's up with Raceroom, is anybody else having this issue?

If we are talking about deducing experience from RL racing to virtual sim(plified) racing then Im not (much) interrested.
Because my point above is precisely that refering too blindly on what is happening in RL racing is often a kind of logical short circuiting.
Or to say it shortly: No virtual car have actually 4 wheels and 4 tires.
Every virtual car in a racing sim(plification) have only some (rather simple) algoritms that tries in a simplified way to produce outputs that sometimes is close and at other times way ahead any RLs cars behaviour.
Period - for my part.

Eventhough your cocky remark about my possible iRacing banning :sneaky: I actually fully agree with you about the possible misuse if you could shift down as fast as you wanted in any car.
But if we take my Lotus 79 example from iRacing then it would be much more realistic if the shift down issue was solved just as in real life(and like you does mention with damage on).
If you in older racing cars by (brutal) force shifted down several times the gearbox became damaged.
Thats the way it should be solved in a "realistic" sim.

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: good old NR2003 had this feature!
I know it from its famous GTP mod where you would loose 1, 2 or 3 gears(or more) if you mistreated the gearbox.

So I keep to my oppinion that its a matter of dev laziness - or historically incompetence :roflmao:
Totally agree with you mate. Dev laziness all day.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%