Download GTR Evolution or buy the DVD?

• Jacek Kozlowski

Just payed for expansion pack pre-order on Steam.For me its the fastes way to get it.Polish relase is set for 18th september.Steam for 1st september...:thumb:

• Rick Stoltz

i have bought Race 07 today and will maybe download from steam/ or if i can find a good deal buy the disk

can't wait to get racing

if say your hard drive dies, and you have downloaded GTR Evo from steam, and made a copy to DVD Disk, will it still install on a PC with different Hardware config and different windows licence key??. because changing the hardware, HD or graphics card for examle will force you to ring MS for a new Windows licence number.
??

I dont want to buy from steam because i feel theres too many ways to loose what youve paid for, i think its been badly thought out, but if you have a DVD then it just installs on whatever machine you put the disk in. Problem is, it aint released on DVD for another few weeks yet in the UK (12th) so i have a long wait. Also i want the full version but not the expansion, as i dont wanna be having to install 2 games along with al the possibilities of file corruption etc, when really this is GTR game. I would rather pay full price and have 1 DVD.

if you buy it on steam, it doesn't matter how many times you want to install it on how many pc's
once bought it is unlimited download with your steam account (just like an unlimited install with dvd's)

i know i installed race07 around 5 to 7 times on 4 to 5 different pc's :)
and during that time i also changed my motherboard, cpu, graphics card and hd

Many thanks for answerring my question Chris, in this case, i think i'll download it and get racing :))) cheers m8, and look forward to battling you in some more close racing ;))

hmm well steam tells me its not available in UK yet, and dont say when it is available, so i guess i'll have to wait, so i may aswell buy the DVD instead.

finally, its here on steam for the UK, im downloading now, as shops dont release it untill 16th.

One question, can somebody advise me how i put it on a DVD so i can do an install again later directly from DVD without waiting for huge downloads. ? I'm getting 20kb/s on the download even though my max is 200kb/s, it will take forever.

GTR Evo - Steam

I am itching to purchase this using Steam. I am worried if I happen to format my 'puter in the future, whats gonna happen to GTR Evo? How many times can I download from Steam? Your response will be highly appreciated. If its within a few minutes then I am buying this right now. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back