Does the Vee have a performance issue?

does it at taruma

actually a few tracks..

So for now Im going to uninstall this until this old engine is optimised some more. Maybe the move to steam will prompt them to fix it when more people complain.

Shame its a great sim...

Not a single FPS drop (always 58-60 fps) at my friend's home. He convinced me to get it when it comes to steam.

Again, not a single fps drop tonight, we raced vs AI till like 4 am, here in Spain is 4:28am now so I'm going to bed lol

My friend's PC (only what I know):

Intel i5
nVidia GTX 660
4GB RAM
Windows 8.1
Logitech G25

Not a single FPS drop (always 58-60 fps) at my friend's home. He convinced me to get it when it comes to steam.

Again, not a single fps drop tonight, we raced vs AI till like 4 am, here in Spain is 4:28am now so I'm going to bed lol

My friend's PC (only what I know):

Intel i5
nVidia GTX 660
4GB RAM
Windows 8.1
Logitech G25
I tried some of the settings and the frame drops werent as bad. Hovered at 60-70, dipped to 45ish a couple times. I own Assetta Corsa, but i wish I hadn't purchased it. No framerate problems yet, but it sounds like Gran Turismo. The tire screeching is annoying as hell. I drive GSCE much more than AC.

Wait, so one car needs optimising, maybe two, and so the whole game gets uninstalled? Talk about throwing the baby out with the bathwater. But, each to their own :laugh:

You could also, just a suggestion if you haven't already done so, turn down your graphics settings when you want to use the Vees, and turn them back up again when you aren't.

bab.jpg

@Nox i had already down loaded this last night was gonna post i in the morning, talk about being on the same page. you beat me to it.:roflmao:

Reactions: Nox
okay maybe I was a bit stupid there. It was late, long week at work and all that?!.

One thing I didn't try and ive read about helped people with the Vee problem. That is the wombat Dll. Where can I get this from? and how do I get the trackmap working with it?

https://www.avforums.com/threads/game-stock-car-2013.1811665/page-9#post-21063399
heres the thread below that is a few solutions. Including a windows file you can use.

Dan

I spoke to reiza about this vee issue, and they kindly replied:

Yes we are aware, and some optimization work has been done for the new version to minimize the problems. The more recent models are generally more detailed though so some performance loss relative to earlier cars is to be expected.

You may also want to check out this post by @Travis from last August:

GSCE v1.21 Bug report thread (post #29)

Specifically this bit:

I then used the Windows 8.1 d3d9.dll, found in the System32 folder. Running the F-Vee cars, the minimum fps was 100 sitting at the back of a 33 car grid. No pitlane fps issues either.

Using the same dll with the 2014 Stock Cars, the fps were as high as 427fps during qualifying and a minimum of 187fps at the back of a 33 car grid which matches or exceeds the frame rate with the dll that ships with GSC-E. It's the same story for Mini's, F-Reiza and F-Extreme. Frame rate issues are non-existent for all cars other than the F-Vee.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back