Does the Vee have a performance issue?

I'm not a super techie, just a bit of a computer geek. Therefore, I don't have the proper nomenclature to perhaps effectively express my thoughts.....but here goes.
I think the problem lies in the rendering of the graphics done with the higher end cards. Like I said earlier, both my upper end cards had problems with the frame rates. My laptops' integrated card had no problem. Frame rate did not suffer at all. It's why I was mortified when my new card couldn't run the VEEs without frame rate drops. As good a place as any to start.

Steve

Bumping the shadows down gets it to about 45fps all in frame.

But still my cpu shouldn't do this when other cars are perfect.

Reiza have you a solution?
This may be irrelevant as I'm using a GTX 780 but I don't remember a problem so I tried the Vee's on Cordoba (23 AI). Starting from the back, I can maintain 60FPS without a problem (using vSync). Not sure how much GSCE tweaking you've done (NVidia Inspector, ini config., etc.) but I can post some of what I've done if you think it may help - nothing unique, just suggestions of others on the various forums.
This is one thing that turns a lot of potential GSCE racers off, they try the demo and are turned off by what they may see. If they would just stick with it and do a little research GSCE can look and run VERY well.

Im not being funny, but most people serious in their sims, have high end gpus, either to run their triples or to have full grids. If gsce isn't optimised very well, for an "lets say" old looking game, then thats reizas problem and needs to be addressed. That will be why people wont bother with GSce, i have looked into most, if not all tweaks and the vees still drop to 30s. Thats not on, when i can run full grids of all the other cars at over 100fps. This simple fact alone says to me poor optimisation on the car.

Shame as the Vee is one of the best cars to drive in a sim, i just cant go near them?!

has anyone tried any of this.. wiht better results?

How do I improve the graphics?

As I said, GSCE will never look as good as new engines like AC or Project Cars, but you can make it look quite nice indeed with some small tinkering. Since the rF1 engine is already a bit old, it does a bad job at detecting new graphics hardware, so it's highly recommended that you manually configure most graphic settings.

Note: Most of these tips also apply to games like rFactor and Race07, since they share the same engine!

- First of all, run GSC Config.exe from the main game folder. You want to select DX9 (not "Auto"), and you actually want to turn anti-aliasing off. Then run the game itself and, in the graphic options, turn Anisotropic Filtering off. Why? Because you get better results if you force those settings through your graphic card's software.

- So, if you have nVidia (I don't have AMD, but I assume the procedure is somewhat similar), you can open your nVidia control panel, go to Manage 3D settings, select the Program Settings tab, and add the gsc.exe file if it's not already there. Then change the AA/AF settings to your liking.

- A better choice for nVidia users, however, is to use nVidia Inspector, a 3rd-party program that gives you more freedom to change settings. Assuming you've installed it, run it, click on the little tool button next to "Driver Version", select the Game Stock Car profile, and make the changes there. Here are my settings for my good old 560ti, if you want something to base your choices on:

inspector.jpg

- Final step: go to your game folder, find config.ini and open it in Notepad. Most of the settings here are supposed to be autodetected by the game, but it won't do that properly. Basically, you want to edit these lines so they look like this:

SystemRAM=16384
VideoRAM=1024
ObjDetail=5
TexDetail=5
RunBenchmarks=0
FSAA=0
ShaderLevel=3

(CHANGING THIS MAKES NO ODDS TO ME!!)-dan

Change the system and video RAM to something, in MB, that fits your computer, of course. Also, the Player and Track detail lines might be missing, but you can add them above "ShaderLevel".

Important note: unfortunately, the config.ini settings *will* be reset whenever you (a) run GSC Config.exe, (b) update the game, or (c) update your video drivers. Reconfiguring it every time is annoying, but worth it. This can be prevented by setting your config.ini to read-only, but that might cause issues when the game is patched.

- Reiza has released an official SweetFX plugin for the game. The improvements are very subtle, but seem to be worth it.

That's basically it. If you want more detailed/advanced information, reading this thread at RaceDepartment is recommended.

Last edited:
Most of us use something like that, I believe (again, the system ram, etc., need to be changed to something that fits your system). Nvidia Inspector works really well, and GSC can look quite nice when it's properly configured (the problem is that properly configuring it requires .ini editing and using outside tools). Here are a couple of screenies I took with my ancient 560ti:

301B2D7B0B5CB785B8B48FF56F47A229788977B0
7AA845E78F9CCDB67487281FBEB75045F871C62F

okay will do..

does any of the ini changes actualy work> ive tried but doesnt seem to make any difference..

And is nvidia better to use for AF and AA?

have you tried nvidias new multi AA? (with new driver)

The config changes help, but I believe correctly configuring nVidia inspector will help more (note that you need to set AA to "none" in GSC Config first).

Again, I have a pretty ancient 560ti, so I'm not sure I can help much. There was a huge thread about graphical settings not long ago, full of tips. In any case, this is what I use in nVidia inspector. Depending on your card, you can crank it up much more:

attachment.php

does the clamp thing still needed on in nvidia inspector? or is that fixed now.

Think i can run x8aa supersampled at x8, on any other car. But the fees drop to 30 regardless of high AA or games x4 aa.

I CAN CONFIRM THIS IS A BUG @CORDOBA REIZA! WITH THE FVEE AND THE MINIS!! (yes the mini are taking a fps hit to here)

SET SHADER TO AUTO NOT QUALITY IN GFX CONFIG. AND SET PIT LOD TO 0.20000

Then in intermittently get from 60 to 3o fps, switching the above options. Example: loaded the track with the above, got 60, quit to menu then reloaded the same track (not going to desktop) then my fps hit 30 again. ODD

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years