Does AC support SLI?

Was looking at some older videos of guys with early 4k triples running SLI 1080Ti's which looked stunning at around a 100 FPS.
I have recently built a 4k triple setup and can only reasonably run them at 2k, which is still pretty nice but??
Does SLI still work with AC?

I have also noticed when tried CSP, SLI scaling is not working/downgraded so it breaks something.

Here is one benchmark I did a while ago, vanilla AC:
AC VERSION: 1.16.4 (x64)
FPS: AVG=206 MIN=41 MAX=289 VARIANCE=18 CPU=82%

LOADING TIME: 16s
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (7680x1440)
OS-Version: 6.2.9200 () 0x100-0x1
CPU CORES: 8
FULLSCREEN: ON
AA:4X AF:16X SHDW:2048 BLUR:0
WORLD DETAIL: 4 SMOKE:2
PP: QLT:4 HDR:1 FXAA:1 GLR:4 DOF:4 RAYS:1 HEAT:0

(no point try with CSP)
Just checking?
Is your PCIe working a 100% with CSP?
I sold my other card before I found a replacement motherboard, so I didn't get a chance to try SLI.
But thanks for the news! I don't feel as bad now!

I have also noticed when tried CSP, SLI scaling is not working/downgraded so it breaks something.

Here is one benchmark I did a while ago, vanilla AC:
AC VERSION: 1.16.4 (x64)
FPS: AVG=206 MIN=41 MAX=289 VARIANCE=18 CPU=82%

LOADING TIME: 16s
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (7680x1440)
OS-Version: 6.2.9200 () 0x100-0x1
CPU CORES: 8
FULLSCREEN: ON
AA:4X AF:16X SHDW:2048 BLUR:0
WORLD DETAIL: 4 SMOKE:2
PP: QLT:4 HDR:1 FXAA:1 GLR:4 DOF:4 RAYS:1 HEAT:0

(no point try with CSP)
I think have got SLI working the best possible for my setup.

I think CSP is great and have enabled it the most I can. I loved having SOL, but that's the one sacrifice I am having to make.

My favorite is real mirrors, have set them up the way it looked in a YouTube video of Gasly's eye cam view of Monaco.

Just have this small distortion on the mirror view rear tire that I am hoping to fix soon.

Just checking?
Is your PCIe working a 100% with CSP?
I sold my other card before I found a replacement motherboard, so I didn't get a chance to try SLI.
But thanks for the news! I don't feel as bad now!

I have not checked in detail more than FPS lowers 20-40%, stutters and same time main-thread usage in AC get lower as well (but that's connected to FPS to some part).

CSP is not the only software with SLI issues, I can write an rather long list but even if I wanted there is no new cards available so far, maybe later this year (I hope...).

Just to add my 2cents - my SLI setup (2x980 on triple HD screen) does work VERY well using CSP and always had. Card usage is abour 90% each, FPS helds up to 75 with nice viusuals and in general there is no problems with it.
BUT, as I mentioned earlier I think - particles/fireworks and grassFX are off. For some reason, enabling particle option immediately makes it stuttering and lowering card utilisation to 55% each. Obviously a bug, but doesnt matter much as game still looks insane with rest of options.

I would recommend testing CSP a bit more and fine tuning it as SLI does work well with it!

Just to add my 2cents - my SLI setup (2x980 on triple HD screen) does work VERY well using CSP and always had. Card usage is abour 90% each, FPS helds up to 75 with nice viusuals and in general there is no problems with it.
BUT, as I mentioned earlier I think - particles/fireworks and grassFX are off. For some reason, enabling particle option immediately makes it stuttering and lowering card utilisation to 55% each. Obviously a bug, but doesnt matter much as game still looks insane with rest of options.

I would recommend testing CSP a bit more and fine tuning it as SLI does work well with it!
Agree with Particles.

I'll try Disabling grass fx, last time I didn't observe any spikes.

What weather script are you running?

I tried default and sol and in both cases there were Fps and Frame time spikes.

Can you also, if possible, check if removing the track vao has an impact for you?

Made mistake in earlier post, instead of fireworks i meant SPARKS - fyi thats the most "buggy" setting in whole CSP I discovered, particles do make my system stutter, yes, but sparks enabled make it unplayable even more.
I recommend disabling both sparks+particles, dont use grassFX and check if it helps.

Continuing this conversation...
3 way SLI anyone?!

My goal is to run AC Formula Hybrid with 19 other cars and
everything max, AC+CSP+SolhReshade on Triple monitors 5760x1080@75Hz.

Currently am getting 5760x1080@75Hz with an i7 6700k@4.4 and 2 Msi Gtx 1080 gaming x cards via a HB bridge and Nvidia Surround.

But shadows are medium, no smoke, few CSP extensions turned off. Reshade has to be turned down or off depending on track.

Have two options....

I have a msi 3 way sli board and 850W power supply that has 2 empty slots and am able to procure a third MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X card for CAD 600 and a 3 way non HB sli bridge for 35 CAD

So for an additional 635 CAD, could be running AC with 3 ways SLI possibly at max???

OR....
sell my 2 GTX 1080s for approx 600 CAD each and put in additional 600 and somehow score a 3070ti or 2080ti at Scalp prices or used. Yes, prices may go down in the near future but let's assume they won't.

Any thoughts on 3 way sli or get a scalp price card?

Any thoughts on 3 way sli or get a scalp price card?

I would personally stay away from 3way SLI as much as possible, hey - 2way is already buggy enough and power+heat generation is higher than 3070 or higher would do. I am not sure how well AC can scale, but from what I remember reading benchmarks of 2-3-4 sli tests years ago, there is mariginal amount of titles that can benefit from 3rd card and even if it does - its like small percentage increase, not extra 1/3 of power.
SLI is dead unfortunately, no longer supported and can cause more issues in future.
I have and use 2x980 only because I managed to get second card dirt chaep (120e 2 years ago, ahh good old times) but would change this setup to single equally powerful card in a heartbeat if it was possible / available.

on sidenote - finding 3rd card for you will be difficult enough and paying extortion prices for old 1080 is just bad vibe, but ofc decision is yours, good luck with hunt anyway!

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea