Does AC support SLI?

Was looking at some older videos of guys with early 4k triples running SLI 1080Ti's which looked stunning at around a 100 FPS.
I have recently built a 4k triple setup and can only reasonably run them at 2k, which is still pretty nice but??
Does SLI still work with AC?

That's way I remember it. I can't see Kunos discontinuing SLI support unless it was interfering with something?
Unless Nvidia can stop SLI support on their side?

Hi
I can confirm AC with CSP still runs very well in SLI. I have 2xGTX980OC running 3xFHD screens and both cards are utilised in 90%+ during gameplay. I only ever see odd anomalies like sparks=active makes it unplayable (defo some kind of a bug) or grassFX making it super-stuttery (doesnt happen on single card and single screen) but in general works like a charm.

I can confirm SLI, CSP and triples works bad, fps drop around 25% compared to standard AC.
SLI scaling and triples using standard AC works otherwise fine.

Regarding HDMI, what version do you have on your card and monitor?
See wiki here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI, there is several combinations that will limit to 30Hz.

DisplayPort is in general better, 7680x1440p is for example limited to 120Hz at the moment

I can confirm SLI, CSP and triples works bad, fps drop around 25% compared to standard AC.
SLI scaling and triples using standard AC works otherwise fine.

Have you tried disabling Sparks&Tyre Particles and Grass FX ? Also postFX AA has huge and irrational impact on SLI, originally I had a lot of slowdowns on first few tries until I fiddled with settings and achieved sweet spot.

I did finally get sold 60hz if I limit fps to 60 with the right res.
I'm not used to doing this because have been using VR for years, which is all programmed. Pretty much plug and play.
And I think your right when pushing the card too much. Defaults to 30hz.
I was looking for a screen sizing app to help match my 50' to the 58. 1080 and 720 are usable but not perfect. But it looks like there is more I can do with nvidia's app? Will have to play around with it a bit more.
But overall, I can't believe the sense of speed I have now, which comes from peripheral vision.

I did finally get sold 60hz if I limit fps to 60 with the right res.
I'm not used to doing this because have been using VR for years, which is all programmed. Pretty much plug and play.
And I think your right when pushing the card too much. Defaults to 30hz.
I was looking for a screen sizing app to help match my 50' to the 58. 1080 and 720 are usable but not perfect. But it looks like there is more I can do with nvidia's app? Will have to play around with it a bit more.
But overall, I can't believe the sense of speed I have now, which comes from peripheral vision.

Yea, it helps a lot. So you have 3x50' TVs basically with 4k each? what distance are you from the setup, just out of curiosity?
any pics? :D

Yea, it helps a lot. So you have 3x50' TVs basically with 4k each? what distance are you from the setup, just out of curiosity?
any pics? :D
Please excuse my breathing! Lol!
..... I used a 58 center and cheap 50's on the sides. I thought I could match them but not without dumping my HZ to 30. I tried everything. All a fail. The difference isn't that bad, but......

Last edited:
I followed a video for nvidia optimum frame rates and with some tweets got a usable 60 fps in 4k triples.
Very happy about that but just before I shut it down for the night something started interfering. I could see spikes in the fps app. I had this in the past many times. Usually an app or windows doing something.

Please excuse my breathing! Lol!
..... I used a 58 center and cheap 50's on the sides. I thought I could match them but not without dumping my HZ to 30. I tried everything. All a fail. The difference isn't that bad, but......

wow, impressive! so you still sit very closely to it and seem like your side monitors are angled very much so you are almost fortified within this ? :D Your eyes dont hurt after a while?
When I was building my setup I went for 3x27' and was wondering if big TV's wouldnt be better option but space constraints decided on this. my sides are angled at about 44 deg as per the triple setup guide.
set.JPG

Nice!!
I was using VR for years so maybe I'm used to sore eyes? I haven't had a chance to do anything longer then half hour test but it was way more comfortable than VR by a long way.
Main screen is an arms length, about 2.5 feet.
But it's the sense of speed that is the biggest improvement and drifting much more natural.
I found out some cars will run 60 fps 4k triples while others struggle 40 frames.
I remember seeing something in the showroom about nods? Is it? My memory is failing me. But I never touched it before.
So I'm thinking I have to adjust them?

Nice!!
I was using VR for years so maybe I'm used to sore eyes? I haven't had a chance to do anything longer then half hour test but it was way more comfortable than VR by a long way.
Main screen is an arms length, about 2.5 feet.
But it's the sense of speed that is the biggest improvement and drifting much more natural.
I found out some cars will run 60 fps 4k triples while others struggle 40 frames.
I remember seeing something in the showroom about nods? Is it? My memory is failing me. But I never touched it before.
So I'm thinking I have to adjust them?

Nods? not sure what you mean. Maybe its the kunos vs non kunos cars that makes difference? tbh Im surprised you can achieve 60fps on 12k on single card at all, thats with CSP right?

Nods? not sure what you mean. Maybe its the kunos vs non kunos cars that makes difference? tbh Im surprised you can achieve 60fps on 12k on single card at all, thats with CSP right?
Yeah! Single 1080ti. But that's barely and only with some cars everything turned way down! Lol!
But when I was looking around in CM showroom I remember reading something about performance gain by turning something down having to do with mod (pixel for a better word) so it will run easier. Sorry. I'm not a moder.

Ok. I got nods straightened out. It Was NOD I was thinking of.
I turned a lot of stuff off and got some solid frame rates in triple 4k. Very happy about that!
Can't run anything over few clouds but night, day and headlights work.
Pretty hard to live without 4k once you know you have it!! Lol!!

Edit: and the solid frame rates is only on some tracks like the 73 Targa Florio. Probably because its not finished?

Last edited:
Ok. I got nods straightened out. It Was NOD I was thinking of.
I turned a lot of stuff off and got some solid frame rates in triple 4k. Very happy about that!
Can't run anything over few clouds but night, day and headlights work.
Pretty hard to live without 4k once you know you have it!! Lol!!

Second card would sour you out nicely in that case, but bear in mind it will be only ised in AC, nothing else these days is or will be using SLI anymore so its a short-time investment. I dont regret getting my secong 980 as I got identical one to mine for 100e last year, but to be honest that setup 2x980 only works in AC and PC2, and any other games I want to play its just single 980 and 1HD screen.
Waiting for 3 series to get out to see if possible upgrade is worth it...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.