Does AC support SLI?

Was looking at some older videos of guys with early 4k triples running SLI 1080Ti's which looked stunning at around a 100 FPS.
I have recently built a 4k triple setup and can only reasonably run them at 2k, which is still pretty nice but??
Does SLI still work with AC?

Thanks.
That's the conclusion I'm coming to as well. But the 1080ti's are a bit more than a 100e! Lol!
So I guess I'll wait for the 3080's to drop later in September?

As a side note, anyone doing a triple set up, miss matching screens, is a pain. I was expecting it but couldn't afford two more $700 screens so I'm still satisfied but definitely a pain.

1 reduced HZ on most res options
2 different size images
3 surround will not work now. It did, but now it won't, are the main issues.

NVLINK is apparently supported in ACC and other games as well, but for that you need 2080. For that money you can probably get the new 3090.

SLI works fine in AC, rF2, AMS2, AMS1, ATS, ETS, no scaling in R3E and downscaling in ACC.

also add PC2 to the list, it actually works percfectly in SLI and triples.
tried ACC, didnt work with SLI nor on triples but it was a while ago when tested so not sure, maybe fixed? not a fan of title though...

EDIT: AMS2 works OK for you? tried it myself, it does report both cards utilised but it DOESNT actually work. Had the same issue with Snowrunner - both cards 99% utilisation, performance - worse than with SLI disabled. :/

NVLINK and SLI are not the same, and the NVLINK port (looks and at same place as SLI port/bridge) is only available with 2080 cards. Decent benchmark here, https://www.tweaktown.com/articles/9070/nvidia-geforce-rtx-2080-super-nvlink-benchmarked/index.html

Using 2080 super, is an kind of decent investment if 3090 is delayed or you decide to wait, but maybe not the most logical decision unless these cards (2080S) drops in price.

But still, so far I have read that ACC and Microsoft Flightsimulator 2020 are two titles supporting NVLINK setups, that I tested and scales less than 100% in SLI.

AMS2 works fine in SLI, but you need of course add the exe to the PC2 profile, use AFR2 and pre-rendered frames 2. SFR/1 work as well, but at 100Hz I don't notice any difference, just higher GPU load.

NVLINK and SLI are not the same, and the NVLINK port (looks and at same place as SLI port/bridge) is only available with 2080 cards. Decent benchmark here, https://www.tweaktown.com/articles/9070/nvidia-geforce-rtx-2080-super-nvlink-benchmarked/index.html

Hmm, but from my understanding NVL needs to be supported by game anyway, same as SLI right? if you have game that doesnt support it out of the box and cant force it with nvinspector, you are the same on SLI or NVL, doesnt matter right?
or I am missing something....

tbh I doubt I will ever go to multiGPU again, it was easy to upgrade with another 980 for pennies and be happy with 3xHD setup but it makes no sense anymore on newer setups, I wonder if 3 series will have that option at all.

will test AMS2 again, I actually didnt try very hard at first time so just saw it didtn work on its own and gave up (somehow not sold on this game very much...)

I got another 1080ti and so far sli cuts my fps in half.
Yes, sli is running. All the test show about a 50% boost.
I found something about nvidia commander and a setting I have to change in about a half dozen different threads.
Has anyone heard of this?
Sorry I didn't link the threads are up on my computer.

I got another 1080ti and so far sli cuts my fps in half.
Yes, sli is running. All the test show about a 50% boost.
I found something about nvidia commander and a setting I have to change in about a half dozen different threads.
Has anyone heard of this?
Sorry I didn't link the threads are up on my computer.
Nvinspcta or in your 3d settings in windows force sli mode 2 render works for vr 1080 8g sli nvinspecta is sli software for gaming Has list of supported games and settings for each there is videos on YouTube how to add sli to new title like dirt 2 and f12020

Eureka!
SLI is still alive and kicking atleast for now.

The thing that solved my SLI stutter problems was Disabling CSP.

Have a i7 6700k@4.4
2xMSI GTX 1080 Gaming X stock clocks
Asus HB SLI Bridge
16gb DDR4@3000mz
Samsung SSD boot drive and AC install drive

Nvidia latest drivers and
Nvidia Inspector AC default profile

Triple screens Fullscreen with resolution at 5760x1080@75Hz

VSync Off, No Frame Limit
Quality Max aka MSAA 4x
Reflections 1024 x Three Faces x 1000m

Post Processing Sol 2.1.2 All Max
Reshade Smart Sharp

Blur off, Heat Shimmering On, Sunrays On, FXAA off, Mirrors High Quality Max

All else system default

Getting benchmark Fps average 95

Both cards running around 98%, top card getting a tad hot @73, lower at 54

I have also noticed when tried CSP, SLI scaling is not working/downgraded so it breaks something.

Here is one benchmark I did a while ago, vanilla AC:
AC VERSION: 1.16.4 (x64)
FPS: AVG=206 MIN=41 MAX=289 VARIANCE=18 CPU=82%

LOADING TIME: 16s
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (7680x1440)
OS-Version: 6.2.9200 () 0x100-0x1
CPU CORES: 8
FULLSCREEN: ON
AA:4X AF:16X SHDW:2048 BLUR:0
WORLD DETAIL: 4 SMOKE:2
PP: QLT:4 HDR:1 FXAA:1 GLR:4 DOF:4 RAYS:1 HEAT:0

(no point try with CSP)

That is sad CSP doesn't seem to support SLI! I guess not enough of us to worry about? Lol!
Unfortunately I had sold my other STRIX 1080Ti. Just playing with overclocking. The STRIX seems to like the voltage I found out today. I read they can handle 85% over so I tried mine at 75. Running smooth now without crashes!

Last edited:
Tested all the CSP 1.69 extensions one by one to see if it's anything in particular.
3 on their own are causing Fps and frame time spikes:
1) WEATHER FX
2) Track Configs
3) Particles

All other CSP patch options and extensions can be enabled without any impact

That is sad CSP doesn't seem to support SLI! I guess not enough of us to worry about? Lol!
Unfortunately I had sold my other STRIX 1080Ti. Just playing with overclocking. The STRIX seems to like the voltage I found out today. I read they can handle 85% over so I tried mine at 75. Running smooth now without crashes!

It's a shame because I've heard that with SLI the physics are at another level real :cool:

You do realize CSP is not made by Kunos and it’s a mod in itself right? Ilja would have to acquire a second card just to ensure his free mod is compatible with the few running SLI
Not sure what you're trolling for?

And just because Ilja doesn't work for Kunos doesn't mean he's not smart enough to make SLI work!
But I understand why he hasn't thought about it, because there's only a handful of us using SLI and he has more important things to work on for a bigger percentage of people using his products.

It's still sad for us few though!

Not sure where the insult to anyone is in that?

Not sure what you're trolling for?

And just because Ilja doesn't work for Kunos doesn't mean he's not smart enough to make SLI work!
But I understand why he hasn't thought about it, because there's only a handful of us using SLI and he has more important things to work on for a bigger percentage of people using his products.

It's still sad for us few though!

Not sure where the insult to anyone is in that?
No, not trolling... just surprised at your expectations from a mod. Specially one that hasn't been fully stable or bug free for a long time now.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.