Does AC really need mods ?

First of all, I'd say that yes, AC needs mods.

But what I can see, since some time ago, is that there are 2 groups in simracing (generally speaking, obviously there are lots of exceptions); the ones who have played iRacing (for a long-ish time) and the ones who haven't. Once you are used to iRacing quality standards, and I am talking especially about the tracks, going back to rF style tracks is really ... hard. There are good tracks in rF, sure, but even the best tracks there are way off compared to iRacing standards (and now AC as well). I understand them while talking about the quality loss when modding comes to the scene, after all everybody knows that the game will be full of Codemasters style converted tracks, but with random quick conversions and crap textures. It happens a bit the same with cars, there are some nicely done cars (visuals+physics), but if you spend a bit of time checking the physics, you will find out pretty quick that most of them are copy+pasted from other mods (especially the tires). There are very few cars that can be compared to AC car physics, maybe Niels and 2-3 groups more, but that's all.

I know it's hard to match that quality nowadays for a modder who basically does the stuff for free, the quality standards of iRacing/Kunos is really high, but it's not impossible, and we have nice examples like feels3 (talking about tracks). That's why modding is always interesting, even if 90% of the content is crap stuff converted/copy pasted from other mods, that other 10% can't be ignored. And we can't forget about other parts of modding, such as plugins, apps, etc, which are always welcome and help to improve the quality of the product. RealFeel in rF is one great example.

I have a feeling that the final release has too few cars (but i understand the licensing things and the work each car needs),so any mods that will add more cars would be more than welcome ! it just needs to be of the same quality as AC cars ! i keep my fast 60 GB vertex 3 for fancy stuff :D

I have a feeling that the final release has too few cars (but i understand the licensing things and the work each car needs),so any mods that will add more cars would be more than welcome ! it just needs to be of the same quality as AC cars ! i keep my fast 60 GB vertex 3 for fancy stuff :D

I'd say quality before quantity when it comes to cars and tracks !
The last thing I want AC to end up as is a PC version of Gran Turismo :roflmao:

So far I am more than happy with the content.
You can just drive one car at one track at a time anyway !

I've spent hours on Monza with the Zonda R this weekend and never had so much fun in a Sim before !

Last edited:
I'm normally not a huge fan of dlc but in AC's case I 'm happy to support the devs.

I love mods but quality can vary hugely but with content straight from the devs you know it will be top notch, no version conflicts etc either.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back