Disqualified Improper Pit

Are there any walkthroughs on what exactly we need to do here?
I’ve been disqualified two times now, both 30 min races very frustrating.
I understand we must change tires and driver?
I’m doing something wrong.

I wonder if it was not changed in one of the latest updates .... the V1.3 or the following fixes.

I mostly only drive Online for league races ( and never did Stints online )... but I really don't perfectly remember how it was before ... even though I have the impression that something was not as it was before.

It definitely selects the correct driver for the stint automatically and everything is green and it does in fact mark the stop as completed after I exit the pit lane. It's only at the end of the race when it decides I didn't do it.

I've read that this may happen if you cross a line at all on the entry into the pits, haven't tested yet.

I have a similar problem:
On some tracks the pit limiter is not automatically disabled after I'm leaving the pits.
I can deactivate it by upshifting or manually disabling it in the menu, but I will always be disqualified at the end of the race.
This happened to me so far at 7 sprint races in season and career mode.
The tracks are Nuerburgring & Zandvoort.
Exactely same problem, on hungaroring. Limiter and MFD did not disangage. Spotter say my mandatory pit stop is done.

Exactely same problem, on hungaroring. Limiter and MFD did not disangage. Spotter say my mandatory pit stop is done.

I had that issue on Nurburgring. Was your pitbox the first one all the way up front? You have to turn your car sharp left to get into the pitlane even more then exit out. I think this happens when you pull straight out of the box and go straight without going enough into the pitlane. Let me know if that works for you.

Is this still an issue? I'm trying to raise my SA by playing single player and this is so immersion breaking. It's insane this game has been out longer than a year and they don't fix this.
It's worse because some of the AI drivers don't pit stop at all and they're not even disqualified.

• Deleted member 197115

Pay attention to pit requirements and learn about pitstop menu, rules, etc. There are videos from Aris on official forum.
Haven't experienced AI skipping mandatory pitstops myself.

Issues I've had with pit stop mechanics:
  1. I exit pit within the boundaries (inside cones, don't go outside of white lines) after doing all mandatory requirements, my pit status shows "valid", it's green, I get disqualified for not doing mandatory pit stop.
  2. I start pit entry, drop to 1st gear and pit limiter button well before the 50 km/hr marker, I leave my pit options on default selected (driver change and tire swap selected), but when I stop in the marked pit stop, my controls are disabled, but after the countdown and even though I'm now the different driver, my pit stop is marked invalid and the status checks stay orange/incomplete. (My tires are changed, I can see that because my tire wear indicators show new tires and my fuel is topped off, and the driver name is different).
  3. AI is too perfect on pit mechanics. No matter how well I perform a pit stop, the AI that enter are going like 130 km/hr and drop to 50 km/hr and pit limit like a few centimeters before the pit indicator and they practically turn perpendicular to enter their pit slot and exit perfectly. I drop 2 or 3 places at minimum if I'm not carrying a 20 second lead.

And I'm apparently not alone in any of these issues so it's very obvious they do exist.

• Deleted member 197115

Everyone had his share of disqualified pits at first. It's frustrating and not very well explained.

Make sure to check that pit menu shows all valid before entering the pit, you can setup pit strategies in advance except driver swap that you need to perform while on the track (don't ask why). Requirements for pits are shown at the beginning of the race, pay attention to what is mandatory.
And you have to be in first gear and at the speed limit before crossing pit stop entry line, setting pit stop limiter to auto helps, but it engages only in 1st gear.
Have you checked Aris's videos and blog already?

Usually you have not completed the pitstops correctly, must change tyres, refuel unless says no refuelling and swap driver or didn't do the stints properly, easy too forget too put it on change tyres. the info is is there too tell you that though

• Deleted member 197115

Before entering the pit, invoke pit menu and make sure everything is green and it marked valid, if not make adjustments, like change tires, add fuel, or swap driver.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back