Disqualified Improper Pit

Are there any walkthroughs on what exactly we need to do here?
I’ve been disqualified two times now, both 30 min races very frustrating.
I understand we must change tires and driver?
I’m doing something wrong.

More beginner questions, how does one bring up the Pitstop MFD? I saw it pop up when I entered the Pit Lane but is it possible to view it other times?
Assign a key to it (f. ex. 'M'). When driving, the MFD should pop up when you press the assigned button. Pressing 'M' will allow you to cycle through the different MFD menu's (laptimes, gaps to drivers, pitstop strategy, etc.).

Thanks Denis. I have the Thrustmaster Ferrari wheel for the TRS300. I assigned a button for MFD in the controls page thinking i could toggle during the game. I couldnt get it to work. I will try assigning M like you recommended.

Thanks Denis. I have the Thrustmaster Ferrari wheel for the TRS300. I assigned a button for MFD in the controls page thinking i could toggle during the game. I couldnt get it to work. I will try assigning M like you recommended.
It should be possible to assign a button on the wheel to toggle the MFD as you intended to do, I'm using a Fanatec wheel and I'm able to cycle the MFD with a button on the wheel. Try again just to make sure the button binding was saved correctly, or maybe check so that the button is properly recognised by ACC.

It should be possible to assign a button on the wheel to toggle the MFD as you intended to do, I'm using a Fanatec wheel and I'm able to cycle the MFD with a button on the wheel. Try again just to make sure the button binding was saved correctly, or maybe check so that the button is properly recognised by ACC.
Correct. Any button should work really. :)

So I'm running thru the career mode right now. Here's my case:

I'm starting from P1 at the Nurburgring, 20min race, one mandatory pitstop with tyre and driver change. As the pit window opens I pit and immediately after diving in, way before the 50km/h sign I get a warning to turn my pitlimiter on and slow down (speeding in pitlane penalty ensured). Meanwhile the AI just runs thru my car no problem and slows down only just before the 50km/h limit sign. Same thing while I'm leaving the pits - I go out with limiter engaged after crossing the line with green light I disengage the limiter and get the same warning: speeding in pitlane. I restarted the race like 10 times - same thing happening every time. Meanwhile the AI seems to not be affected by this at all. Finally I just engaged the limiter right when I just enter the pit lane (so when I leave the track proper). Managed to still finish 3rd only to be DQ'ed at the end. It really pissed me off. For the record I know that limiter works only in 1st gear and I know all the mandatory things during pitting have to be selected. It all worked fine for me in other races. It's clearly a bug. I just hope they'll get rid of it ASAP since it is immersion breaking and annoying as hell.

Did some single player races today and I'm still having massive problems with pit stops. 2 races at Zolder, 15 minutes each. In both races I was DQ'd for 'improper duration requirement' I think it said. Totally confused as when I did the stops everything was green showing a valid stop. Changed tyres and driver both times but still getting DQ'd.

Did some single player races today and I'm still having massive problems with pit stops. 2 races at Zolder, 15 minutes each. In both races I was DQ'd for 'improper duration requirement' I think it said. Totally confused as when I did the stops everything was green showing a valid stop. Changed tyres and driver both times but still getting DQ'd.

It totally sucks cause otherwise the game is absolutely brilliant, especially after the last update. Having this kind of bugs is lame though since it doesn't seem like a big deal coding wise, but completely ruins races for the player. Hope they'll patch this soon.

'improper duration requirement'

Did you respect the Stint duration ? ... that's what the message seems to mean.
In this case .. if the duration exceeds the time limit before doing your pitstop... you're DQ at the end of race.

NB: finally a 15 minutes race with a Stint, a pitstop and a driver change... seems rather unrealistic ;)
I really think it should be better to choose in such cases a 30 minutes race.

I have a similar problem:
On some tracks the pit limiter is not automatically disabled after I'm leaving the pits.
I can deactivate it by upshifting or manually disabling it in the menu, but I will always be disqualified at the end of the race.
This happened to me so far at 7 sprint races in season and career mode.
The tracks are Nuerburgring & Zandvoort.

So looks like the AI are having issues here too! Did an offline sprint weekend tonight at Spa, 2 x 30 minute races. Was sitting in 3rd 1st race when the pit window opened. I followed 1st and 2nd place into the pits. Came back out again still in 3rd. Did 1 lap and got the 'race leader in the pits' message. Mmm I thought, strange. I then found myself in 1st position and over a minute in the lead! On the race position hud it was still showing the whole field as having 1 pit stop remaining when they had all stopped! By the end of the race the full field except me had been DQ'd!!

2nd race wasn't as bad, but still 6 AI drivers DQ'd at the finish. I'm going to post this on the official forum as a bug.

So I had a similar issue today, my pit stop showed all greens to count it, and I took it in the pit window and everything, but when I was leaving the pits and was past the speed limit and disabled my limiter, I started getting the warning and I still had the pit window up. I got the window closed and it didn't show that I had any pit stops remaining to do when I looked at the leaderboard in the MFD, but I was DQ'd at the end of the race. I read some other stuff online saying that you needed to close the MFD before the stop ends sometimes for the pit stop to "count", and so I tried the race again and did that and it seemed to be resolved. I didn't do anything differently otherwise.

I think it's still a bug, but potentially closing the MFD before the stop ends is a workaround.

As far as the speed warning showing up when you're not in the limit zone in the pit entrance, that's just a heads up that you're approaching the limit zone and need to get to the correct speed ahead of time - you can ignore it as long as you're at the limit before the zone starts. You don't need to engage the limiter just to make it go away.

If you're getting it on the pit exit, you most likely didn't have your stop count properly.

Or such is how it seems to me.

I take it back - closing the pit box before stopping didn't help. I had this again.

This time, I overshot my spot by about 1 inch and had to reverse. I don't think I did that the other time, but I dunno. I got the pit speed warning on the pit exit well after the limit ended, but I checked the board and it showed that I had successfully taken my stop. At the end of the race, I was DSQ for not taking the required stop. This is definitely a bug.

I’ve all but given up on the single player side of things. Still getting disqualifications in career and championship.
Really enjoying multiplayer though.
That's very strange Jason. I've even done a 3h race with multiple stops in career. I've never been disqualified in any of my SP races to date.
  • Is this maybe connected to a specific track?
  • Did you try to re-download the game if you haven't done so after early access?

Just for the record:
  • I never bring up the MFD myself. I wait until it pops up during pit entry, do some minor adjustments if needed, do the stop, drive out again, MFD changes to standings again on its own.
  • From time to time I overshoot the pit box and have to reverse. No issues after that.
  • I never got pit speed warnings other than close to pit entry, when it warns me to engage pit limiter
  • Pit limiter is set to manual mode, I use a dedicated button my wheel. I do not deactivate by upshifting. I do not disengage just on the pit exit line, but slightly after.
  • In endurance races I need to be aware of the maximum stint time. If you overshoot, a DQ is likely. But I would have to pit for fuel anyway even if I use Map2 in the Merc. So no conflicts there so far.
  • I've never done races shorter than 1h with a pitstop (doesn't make any sense to me).

Nearly sure that the problem is not changing the driver for the next stint before stopping at the pit place.
If the driver's name for the next stint is not changed and confirmed ( and remains red INVALID ).....before stopping at the pit place, the driver change will not be done and that means DSQ.

Nearly sure that the problem is not changing the driver for the next stint before stopping at the pit place.
If the driver's name for the next stint is not changed and confirmed ( and remains red INVALID ).....before stopping at the pit place, the driver change will not be done and that means DSQ.
Fair point. But at least for me that was always done automatically. I never did that actively by selecting the next driver in the menu.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back