DisplayMagician: Automate display/audio/app changes with a single desktop shortcut

Hi!

Do some of your games require that you use your triple monitors individually, yet other games require you use a single NVIDIA Surround or AMD Eyefinity screen? Do you get as frustrated as I do with having to modify your display settings when changing from one game to another?

Well I do! Or I did.

That's why I developed the free and open source DisplayMagician. I wanted to click a single desktop shortcut (or press a keyboard shortcut), and have DisplayMagician do the following for me:
  • Change my display settings to what the game needs (and change it back when done)
  • Change my audio speaker settings to what the game needs (and change it back when done)
  • Change my microphone settings to what the game needs (and change it back when done)
  • Pre-start a few applications BEFORE it starts the game (e.g. SimHub, CrewChief)
  • Wait patiently while I play my game
  • Revert everything back to the way it was automatically when I exit my game!
And that's what I built. I started with the incredible HeliosDisplayManagement software by Soroush Falahati, and then spent the next year or so developing new features and making something that would be easy to use, yet hide itself away when you didn't need it.

DOWNLOAD DISPLAY MAGICIAN NOW!
(It's free and open source code)

DisplayMagicianMainScreen.png

I've written this to scratch a programming itch I've had for a while, and to make my simracing life easier. I'm a big believer in letting software do the work for you, so I hope at least some of you find this useful!

Current features
DisplayMagician lets you set up the following information for each game or application:
  • Create and save a Display Profile to be used within future Desktop Shortcuts
  • Save a Game Shortcut that will automatically change to a different Display Profile and start your Game when you double-click on it.
  • Run your Game Shortcut using a keyboard shortcut (Hotkey).
  • Or start your games by right-clicking on the DisplayMagician Notification Tray icon.
  • Choose which Audio Device you want the shortcut to use. Like using the wireless headset when driving? This lets you with a single click.
  • Add one or more programs to pre-start before your game or application
  • Works with the following Game Launchers:
    • Steam
    • Ubisoft Uplay
    • Origin (Electronic Arts)
    • Epic Games
    • GOG.com
  • Optionally rollback to your previous Display profile once the game or application has closed.
  • Or maybe just create a Shortcut that permanently changes to a different Display Profile! The options are endless.
  • Also comes with a Shell Extension that allows you to change to a different Display Profile by right-clicking on the desktop background!
  • Supports NVIDIA Surround setups, AMD Eyefinity setups and standard Windows multi-desktop views.
  • Supports many different connection types including HDMI, DisplayPort, USB and Wireless.
  • Supports SuperDisplay and SpaceDesk android-tablet based monitors
To use:
  • Download and install ‘DisplayMagician’.
  • Run ‘DisplayMagician’, and click on the ‘Display Profiles’ button
  • Use ‘Windows Display Settings’ or ‘NVIDIA Control Panel’ to configure your display(s) exactly as you would like them (AMD EyeFinity is NOT currently supported).
  • ALT-TAB back to DisplayMagician, and you should see the new display configuration shown in the Display Profile window.
  • Click the ‘Save As/Rename’ button so that DisplayMagician will remember the current Display Profile so you can use it in your Shortcuts. You will need to do this for each different display configuration you want to use in any of your games or applications.
  • Click ‘Back’ button to go back to the Main DisplayMagician window.
  • Now that you have some Display Profiles set up, you can create some shortcuts that will use them!
  • Click on the ‘Game Shortcuts’ button.
  • You will be shown your Shortcut Library window. This is where all your Shortcuts live, and where you have to go if you every want to edit them. Click the ‘New’ button to create a new Shortcut
  • Choose the Display Profile you want to use with the Shortcut. Make sure it matches what the game expects :).
  • Click on the ‘2. Choose Audio’ tab and select any audio changes that you would like to set for this shortcut.
  • Click on the ‘3. Choose what happens before’ tab to choose as many applications as you'd like to start before the main game or application. Examples include SimHub or Crew Chief.
  • Click on the ‘4. Choose Game to start’ tab, to choose the main game or application that the Shortcut will start up and then monitor. DisplayMagician will then pause until you close the main game or application.
  • Choose the Game from the list shown, or if it’s not listed there then select the game or application executable. You can also choose to not start anything if you want to permanently change to a different display profile. NOTE: If your game isn't listed, then please launch the game at least once directly via game library (e.g. through Steam). DisplayMagician only detects games that have been run at least once.
  • Click on the ‘5. Chose what happens afterwards’ tab, and choose if you want to rollback any display changes you make while starting the game, or if you want to keep them. If the ‘auto-suggest name’ option is enabled then a Shortcut Name will be entered in automatically for you. Feel free to change the name if it's not quite right.
  • Once you're ready, click the ‘Save’ button to save the Shortcut to the Shortcut Library. If you can only see the outline of a button rather than the word Save, then the shortcut isn't valid yet. You probably have some missing fields you need to fill in. The Save button only shows if you have a valid Shortcut set up. The minimum requirement is to select a Display Profile, and select a main game or application.
  • Once you’ve saved the Shortcut, it should appear in the Shortcut Library.
  • To create a Desktop shortcut file from your Shortcut, select the Shortcut from the list in your Shortcut Library, and click the ‘Save to Desktop’ button. This will then write the Shortcut to your computer, ready to use!
DisplayMagicianShortcutOnDesktop.png

You now have 4 different ways you can start your shortcut:

• You can double-click on the Desktop shortcut you just saved to the Desktop to start your game; or
  • You can right mouse click on the desktop background, and select the Game Shortcut from the DisplayMagician pop-up menu to start your game; or
  • You can right mouse click on the DisplayMagician notification tray icon, and select the Game Shortcut from the DisplayMagician pop-up menu to start your game; or
  • (optionally) If you've set a Hotkey for your Game Shortcut, you can press the Hotkey keyboard shortcut whenever DisplayMagician is running and your Game Shortcut will run.

The Desktop Background menu that allows you to change your display profiles with a single click is shown here:

DisplayMagicianShellExtension.png

If you find this useful, let me know. I'd love to hear what you think of it, or if there are any features I can improve or add to make your lives easier!

Thanks
Terry

More screenshots:

DisplayMagicianDisplayProfiles.png

DisplayMagicianShortcutLibrary.png

Enjoy!

Attachments

• DisplayMagicianConfigureShortcut1.png
    DisplayMagicianConfigureShortcut1.png
    227.3 KB · Views: 480
Last edited:
Tried to do that a few mins ago, but its not possible for me cause:
- When I switch from the desktop standalone display to the 3x displays the middle one gets dark (seems to bet shut down) and the displays on the side are showing "no signal" and the desktop display is getting shut down, too.

But there is no way to get the standalone display back on so I have to restart the entire pc

Upvote 0
Tried to do that a few mins ago, but its not possible for me cause:
- When I switch from the desktop standalone display to the 3x displays the middle one gets dark (seems to bet shut down) and the displays on the side are showing "no signal" and the desktop display is getting shut down, too.

But there is no way to get the standalone display back on so I have to restart the entire pc
Hi Julian,

Ok, just upload the support zip file to a new GitHub issue and we will do some more troubleshooting there.

Thanks
Terry

Upvote 0
DisplayMagician v2.4.1 released!

DOWNLOAD DISPLAY MAGICIAN NOW!

DisplayMagician v2.4.1

WINDOWS 11: DisplayMagician v2.4 works with Windows 11. _Just remember that you will need to recreate your Display Profiles when you move from Windows 10 to Windows 11_! This is REALLY important, as Windows 11 has different display settings to Windows 10, and your old Windows 10 Display Profiles won't work. You must delete the old Display Profiles and create new ones for DisplayMagician to run properly.

You can download DisplayMagician v2.4.1 here: https://github.com/terrymacdonald/DisplayMagician/releases/tag/v2.4.1

DisplayMagician v2.4 adds the ability to store Windows DPI Scaling, but is really more of a bugfix release than anything. It has a lot of fixes to many little edge cases that people were experiencing, as well as one really large performance related issue that caused DisplayMagician to use 25% CPU time rather than the 0.5% of time it should be using! The upshot is that DisplayMagician v2.4 should be a lot more reliable. If you've had issues when using DisplayMagician before I'd strongly encourage you to try again, as they are probably fixed!

If you're upgrading from DisplayMagician an earlier version of DisplayMagician

Display Profiles from earlier versions of DisplayMagician will not work with DisplayMagician v2.4. The new Display Profiles use an new extended format that isn't compatible with previous formats. This means you will have to do two things before you can use DisplayMagician v2.4:

1. You will need to create new Display Profiles
2. You will need to update your existing Game Shortcuts to use one of the new Display Profiles

Once you do the two tasks listed above, DisplayMagician will work as it always has, but now it will allow you to get your Displays exactly as you want them!

Thank you for using DisplayMagician

I've been working on DisplayMagician for the last 3 year solidly. I really do love adding features and hearing about how the software has helped you, so feel free to post messages in the RaceDepartment Forum Thread). And if you feel like DisplayMagician is worth it, I’d always appreciate a donation)!

Credits

I’m so very thankful for the help of the following people, who made DisplayMagician possible:
  • Sean at SimCraft (Thank you so much for your generous donation!)
  • Domenic (Thanks for the solid month of troubleshooting help and the sponsorship!)
  • RBZL (thanks for the monthly donation)
  • Frcooper (thanks for the monthly donation)

Also big thanks to:
  • A0L0XIIV (Thanks for the sponsorship and the rapid testing!)
  • Dogy007 (Thanks for the sponsorship)
  • Ceramed (Thank you for your donation and your help troubleshooting SuperDisplay and SpaceDesk screens)
  • Bjorg (Thank you for your donation)
  • MichaelDWheeler (Thank you for your donation)
  • Frank (Thank you for your donation)
  • Dan Clark (Thank you for your donation)
  • Fonzmonster (Thank you for your donation)
  • Logozo (Thank you for your donation)
  • 5th (Thank you for your donation)
  • Patrickdiezi (Thank you for your donation)
  • Fifowole (Thank you for your donation)
  • Brett Horton (Thank you for your donation)
  • JabberJon (Thank you for your donation)
  • Sikhalv (Thank you for your donation)
  • Friedobaer (Thank you for your donation)
  • PanthaRhei (Thank you for your donation)
  • Bobby Mann (Thank you for your donation)
  • S4botage (Thank you for your donation)
  • Matthex (Great help testing multiple display adapter bugs and 7 different screens! And for your donation!)
  • NudeNull (Thank you for your donation)
  • 20vmki (Thank you for your donation)
  • Lazerwolf22 (Thank you for your donation)
  • Spmac (Thank you for your donation)
  • Mcdbergh (thanks for the bug report)
  • JSchoonbrood (Great help testing multiple display adapter bugs and SuperDisplay Android Tablet support)
  • Outerspacejunky16 (Thanks for testing AMD support)
  • Dev1981 (Great help testing multiple display adapter bugs and DisplayLink USB)
  • Gretzer (thanks for the cool idea)
  • Erbkaiser (One of the most impressive testers with an amazing eye for detail)
  • SneakingJ (Major props for the help getting cloned display profiles to work)
  • Scowling (Again, without you, AMD support wouldn’t exist AT ALL! )
  • Slippery-silvia (Again, thanks for the testing help for Mosaic cards with v2.1)
  • Mobeeuz (Your thorough testing logs really helped!)
  • S4b0tage (Thanks for the testing help and the donation!)
  • Gpo123 (thanks for the bug report)
  • Whitestar127 (thanks for the bug report)
  • Stringfieldmark (thanks for continued sponsoring and the testing help)
  • Bossebossebosse (thanks for the donation)
  • Sk666 (thanks for the donation)
  • FormelLMS (thanks for the continued sponsoring and the testing help)
  • Neilperson (thanks for the cool idea)
  • DragRedSim (thanks for the bug report)

There have been some absolute rock stars who have helped do a lot of troubleshooting for me in order to iron out a large collection of bugs with the new video libraries, and I’m forever indebted to you. DisplayMagician is only as good as it is thanks to your help!

Terry

v2.4.1 RELEASE NOTES
  • Added code to center all windows after a screen resolution change. No more lost windows!
  • Added ability to disable the start up windows and windows messages
  • Fixed high CPU usage whilst playing games
  • Fixed empty Steam libraries causing CTD
  • Refactored Program Settings so they are more reliably applied
  • Added Working Directory to any starting processes to allow relative file names to work
  • Fixed UpdateactiveConfig to reduce the number of times it runs
  • Added Windows DPI Scaling Support (requires a new Display Profile format)
  • Fixed Game Shortcut system tray context menu not working just after DisplayMagician start
  • Refactored TaskBarLayout lonitoring to make it more reliable
  • Improved NVIDIALibrary and WinLibrary ability to handle reordered displays (Windows does this randomly sometimes!)
  • Fixed the way that WindLibrary sets the Windows GDI settings to align with Microsoft recommendations
  • Fixed patching the Windows DPI Scaling entries in PatchAdapterIDs
  • Fixed bug in NVIDIALibrary that sometimes caused CTD when changing from NVIDIA Surround to non-Surround display profiles
  • Fixed bug that cause CTD when removing a Display Profile
  • Made taskbar location gathering more robust
  • Fixed potential CTD error during screen UI image generation
  • Added network check before attempting autoupdate to stop error when playing on laptops with no network connections
  • Added additional startup logging to gather data if DM doesn't load at all
  • Improved exception logging to catch all the data when something goes wrong
  • Improved Uplay library processing
  • Added Windows DPI Awareness to the DisplayMagician so correct per monitor DPI figures are returned by Windows.
  • Added feature so that Program Settings are saved automatically when DisplayMagician is exited

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I like this program, I know it is free and I thank you the creator a lot for it, but if I have to create new Display Profiles almost every time it updates I am simply not going to use it anymore, if those could transfer over it would be great or at least have a option to not have the program search for updates by itself would also make me feel safer. I want to know stuff works when I need it, I don't need updates and more stress in my life. Thanks for reading and hopefully I have expressed my feelings well enough!

Upvote 0
Hi @TheWinterLord,

I understand your frustration, but you need to understand that each time I ask you to recreate your Display Profiles it is because I've added a new feature to DisplayMagician. I don't do it just to annoy you or to make your life difficult.

The latest changes included adding in the ability to track NVIDIA 3D Settings and Windows DPI Scaling, which were asked for by other users. I try to accommodate as many users wishes as possible, to make DisplayMagician as useful as I can. This unfortunately sometimes requires users to recreate their Display Profiles again.

Any time that a new trackable item is added to DisplayMagician, there is no way for DisplayMagician to know what those settings were when you created your old Display Profiles. In other words there is no way to patch your Display Profiles, as DisplayMagician doesn't know what those settings were when you created your Display Profiles.

If you are getting really annoyed I would suggest you either click 'No' when DisplayMagician asks to upgrade and stay on the version of DisplayMagician you are currently using, or maybe try some other alternative software that isn't updated as often as DisplayMagician is.

I will keep releasing updates to ensure that I meet the needs of my user base, and I'm hopeful that eventually I'll get to a point that no further Display Profile improvements will be needed, meaning that Display Profile updates will get rarer and rarer as time progresses.

Thanks
Terry

Upvote 0
Yeah I mean I really enjoy your software, it is really well done you are very talented and I really appreciate you working on this for all racing/simulator fans! I understand why it needs to be updated, I will try to have more patience. Thank you very much and have a great Week!

Upvote 0
@terrymacdonald
Hey dude ... appreciate your efforts, however despite being pretty tech savvy, creating brand new profiles as per instructions and trying this several times, I could not get displaymagician to switch to triple screen. Despite the profile showing triples and dimensions etc right, it would only activate my left monitor, the other two were off.
Another issue is that the uninstall left displaymagician in my "startup" items (>> task manager >> startup).
I normally use SRWE and although I like your concept, I can manage without displaymagician. So I am sure I am not alone in saying I would prefer not to have such artifacts left behind and a proper clean uninstall happen.

Not dissing, great that you took this tool over and pressed forwards with it for the community - just straight feedback and if you have any thoughts on what might have been left behind / how you suggest removing such things would be appreciated (before I start hacking things out myself ;) )

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So I am too impatient to wait for a response :) ... a quick dig around I found the following "artifacts" in my system (some not so tragic but the startup stuff should be gone) ... posting in case it helps you fix this quicker (eg add these to the uninstall tool?):

Windows Registry:
Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppUserModelId\LittleBitBig.DisplayMagician
Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{7444a62d-c140-f33f-c262-2ac026738bdd}\LocalServer32
Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{e98880b3-5139-7b4e-c89c-2372eaa4ad38}
Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StartupApproved\Run
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Notifications\Settings\LittleBitBig.DisplayMagician
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Compatibility Assistant\Store
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Tracing\DisplayMagician_RASAPI32
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Tracing\DisplayMagician_RASMANCS

.png icon file left and directory here:
C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\ToastNotificationManagerCompat\Apps\LittleBitBig.DisplayMagician\

Upvote 0
@Lee Downham thanks for the good feedback on the uninstall. I use a standard WIX based installer, so that*should* automatically be removing the files and registry keys. I purposely don't remove the AppData local folder, in case the user wants to reinstall. The registry keys should be uninstalled though. I'll take a look to see why that isn't happening.

I'm curious why the triple screens wouldn't work for you. It's a pity you don't have the log files or json configuration files as I might have been able to troubleshoot the issue and get you up and running.

Can you describe a bit more about the issue you had? Did you have issues creating different triple screens? So you have an AMD video card or NVIDIA? What screens are connected to which cards, and which type of connections are they using (eg DP, HDMI, DVI-D)? Are you running on a laptop using Optimus?

Or were the issues when you were changing to a new display profile? If so, did it actually change anything?

Thanks
Terry

Upvote 0
Hi again, I'm having problems with the newest version (2.4.1). It's extremely slow when I do certain things. And strangely enough they all take the same amount of time, 20 seconds.
It happens when I:
-Right click on the notification area icon for the first time after starting the program.
-Click Display Profiles in the main window
-Click View Current Display under Display Profiles
The program also takes 20 before appearing in the notification area after starting it. And it sometimes takes a 20 second timeout when right clicking and selecting a different profile. If clicking in the program window during those timeouts I normally get the famous "Not responding" windows error message.

For now I have reverted to version 2.1.3 which works perfectly.

Do you want me to log a bug on Github?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi again, I'm having problems with the newest version (2.4.1). It's extremely slow when I do certain things. And strangely enough they all take the same amount of time, 20 seconds.
It happens when I:
-Right click on the notification area icon for the first time after starting the program.
-Click Display Profiles in the main window
-Click View Current Display under Display Profiles
The program also takes 20 before appearing in the notification area after starting it. And it sometimes takes a 20 second timeout when right clicking and selecting a different profile. If clicking in the program window during those timeouts I normally get the famous "Not responding" windows error message.

For now I have reverted to version 2.1.3 which works perfectly.

Do you want me to log a bug on Github?

@whitestar This is a known issue with version 2.4.1.1 on a small range of hardware, and I've not been able to track down the reason why. Some people have machines that won't return the correct taskbar positioning, and that causes delays while DisplayMagician tries to access the registry keys. I'm not sure what the similarities are between the people who have the issues, and those who don't, which is restricting my ability to figure out what is happening, and therefore how I work around it.

There is a workaround which will be included in v2.5.0 when it is released, but it doesn't actually 'solve' the problem, which is why I need more data :).

Could you please generate a Support ZIP File and upload it to this issue: https://github.com/terrymacdonald/DisplayMagician/issues/129

I will take a look and see if I can find any similarities between your computer setups.

Thanks
Terry

Upvote 0
@whitestar This is a known issue with version 2.4.1.1 on a small range of hardware, and I've not been able to track down the reason why. Some people have machines that won't return the correct taskbar positioning, and that causes delays while DisplayMagician tries to access the registry keys. I'm not sure what the similarities are between the people who have the issues, and those who don't, which is restricting my ability to figure out what is happening, and therefore how I work around it.

There is a workaround which will be included in v2.5.0 when it is released, but it doesn't actually 'solve' the problem, which is why I need more data :).

Could you please generate a Support ZIP File and upload it to this issue: https://github.com/terrymacdonald/DisplayMagician/issues/129

I will take a look and see if I can find any similarities between your computer setups.

Thanks
Terry
Are you on Windows 10 @whitestar ? I've had someone with a similar problem that disappeared once they moved to Windows 11. Interested if that is part of the issue.

Thanks
Terry

Upvote 0
@whitestar Are you also on a laptop? Perhaps it's an NVIDIA Advanced Optimus gaming laptop with a separate NVIDIA card? Is it an AMD CPU with a built in AMD GPU as well?

Thanks
Terry
No, my PC is:
Ryzen 5600X
Gigabyte X570 AORUS Elite, Socket-AM4
G.SKILL Ripjaws V 32GB (2x 16GB) DDR4-3600MHz
MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM (driver 516.59)
Windows 10

So nothing out of the ordinary.

Upvote 0
@whitestar thanks to your report and one from @TOCA2FREAK I think I found the issue!

There was an error that occurred in NvAPI_SetDisplayConfig when attempting to go from an NVIDIA Surround to a non-NVIDIA Surround setup on a Windows 10 machine that has multiple video cards installed in it. This is mainly due to the fact that the NVIDIA driver only sees the displays connected to NVIDIA video adapters.

The previous DM logic tried to set the DisplayConfig after switching to or from a Surround display profile, but this would fail when returning from a Surround display profile on Win 10 devices. It appears that the NVIDIA driver AUTOMATICALLY disables all additional displays in windows 10 when it returns from a Surround profile. This simple fact means that the DisplayConfig won't be applied properly as the previously saved NVIDIA display config doesn't match the current display layout, and it errors with an NVAPI_INVALID_ARGUMENT error. This doesn't actually matter though, as the WinLibrary comes to the rescue.

WinLibrary can see all the video adapters available, and so will turn the required displays back on and set them up just right! We may lose are some specific DisplayConfig parameters being set as part of this process, but I'm not totally sure about that as WinLibrary is basically feature parity with the DisplayConfig settings as far as I can tell. In general there should be no difference if WinLibrary sets the windows layout or NVIDIA DisplayCOnfig does, so I'm happy to make this change.

The fix is to look specifically for the NVAPI_INVALID_ARGUMENT error when attempting to set the NvAPI_DisplayConfig, and if this happens we check if we were going from a surround profile to a non-surround profile. If that is true, then we simply ignore that error. WinLibrary then does it's thing and clears up that problem for us, and everything proceeds as normal.

This should (fingers crossed) fix this issue once and for all!

This change also makes it far faster to grab and set the taskbar settings from registry, though this logic may not detect some Windows 10 formats which appear to be LOCALDISPLAY(\d,\d,\d\d) settings which I've never seen before. DM should be generally much faster and more reliable.

Anyway - please download this test version 2.4.1.14 from here and install it, and please tell me if it now works: DisplayMagicianSetup-v2.4.1.14.zip
If this change works then I'll add it into the next release of v2.5.0 which will be coming along shortly!

v2.5.0 adds the ability to scan for installed programs, and also gives MUCH more verbose details about the upgrades I release. It will tell you if the upgrade contains a breaking change, and it will also let you ignore upgrades completely if you decide you want to never get any more new features. You can also ask it to delay asking you for a week! More info to come :).

Thanks
Terry

Upvote 0
Anyway - please download this test version 2.4.1.14 from here and install it, and please tell me if it now works: DisplayMagicianSetup-v2.4.1.14.zip
If this change works then I'll add it into the next release of v2.5.0 which will be coming along shortly!
Thank you for your great work. This tool makes things so much easier.

I also had that "slow" issue with v2.4... (Win11, 5600x, RTX3800 - driver 516.40).
Your version 2.4.1.14 fixed it for me completely. I reinstalled everything just to make sure and now it's just as snappy as before. Thank you for the fix!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

I also had that "slow" issue with v2.4... (Win11, 5600x, RTX3800 - driver 516.40).
Your version 2.4.1.14 fixed it for me completely. I reinstalled everything just to make sure and now it's just as snappy as before. Thank you for the fix!
+1
2.4.1.14 works like a charm, thanks! :)

Upvote 0
Thought you all might be interested in a sneak peak at some upcoming features.

First up, is a built in FOV Calculator! This was a great suggestion from a Reddit user that I thought would actually be a great feature to add. The FOV calculator remembers your settings from last time you ran it, but also adjusts those settings automatically based on the display layout you're currently running. You can also even save a copy of the calculations out to a file so you can keep them for later. Massive thanks to Markus Ewert for letting me reuse logic from his https://dinex86.github.io/FOV-Calculator/. You rock Markus!

Second, is the ability to detect installed applications automatically. This currently includes those applications installed via an installer, as well as those UWP programs installed via Microsoft Store. It's these later UWP programs that have slowed the next release down a bit, as I'm having problems detecting when UWP programs have exited. Turns out they actually even operate in a different way, so I'm having to learn the various run-states for UWP apps which is taking some time.

I've attached a couple of photos of what both of these look like right now if you're interested. Please note, there may be some tweaks before these features are released.

I'd love any feedback that you'd like to give about these features. Hopefully they're useful!

Thanks
Terry

Attachments

• DisplayMagicianFovCalculator.png
    DisplayMagicianFovCalculator.png
    374 KB · Views: 58
  • DisplayMagicianChooseApplication.png
    DisplayMagicianChooseApplication.png
    163.4 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News